Do you trust your dealer!?

Talking about dodgy practise (apologies if a little off thread) - If you have a K and N filter you might want to mark it, I know a mech who works somewhere where instead of going through the cleaning process of the K and N which takes a while cos it has to be (brushed, washed out dried naturally then oiled and dried again or something) they have one on standby from the previous customer and put that into your car. Not really a dodgy practise but your not getting the filter you paid for! (I guess the one you get could be twice as old in theory).

A dodgy practise thread might be interesting I'll have to suggest it to the powers that be!

dont trust mine, however i trust my local tyre place for doing tyres and brakes and i trust my local independent garage too as well as my old local independent vauxhall place when i had my astra. but skoda garage nope, they never seem interested.

Hate Westover Skoda in Dorset Hate,hate!!!! cowboys.

Now changed to other Skoda dealer and very happy with service etc.

I would agree, Westover could not get worse if they tried! Lies, lies and more lies seem to spring from their place - well certainly in my experience.

Jay - was it the Swindon dealership by any chance? I don't know what's been going on there over the last 18 months, but their service / QA etc have dropped massively IMO. I've had to take the car back several times to get fairly simple faults fixed (when they've insisted that the job has been completed).

I'm onto my 2nd Skoda & unless I find another dealer, I won't be buying a third.

No, it was in Oxfordshire, but you're right about said Swindon dealership. Heard some pretty horrendous stories about that whole group of stealers over the last few years. Work not done or not finished, lousy customer service...it just goes on! Wouldn't touch 'em.

I trust mine for the parts. The parts dept is excellent:thumbup:. I had struck up a good friendship with one bloke in the parts department who really knew his stuff. He even persuaded the parts dept manager to give me trade prices on the parts:D.

I went in today & found out he had left for a different job with more money:rolleyes:. Can't blame him really.

dm keith-no

I have to disagree with you, I bought a 3 yr old Fabia Vrs from the Bradford branch and two days later the head gasket went, the car was in the garage for a 5 weeks because the head gasket went again, in the first 5 weeks of ownership I had the car for 5 days, I got a free service, free GAP and two new back tyres. I still was not happy so I asked for a swap with a Fabia Estate Elegance and after getting in touch with one of the owners they agreed to swap the car which also meant the dealer losing ££££. See my review in the dealer reviews.

We aint all that bad (i'm probably about the only person currently on here with a fair bit of insider knowledge as it were and who usually stands up for the dealers).

The problem is as mentioned most of the time served knowledgeable people have got ****ed off with the trade now and have left to go to pastures new, or set up independants themselves). There is so little money working at a dealer now and so little investment in staff and training its no wonder it reflects on our image. Sadly that also reflects on us who work our arses off all day and actually try our hardest to do a good job.