One for the old Audi Quattro lovers

andy2407

Hope the police will pull him over for that front reg plate being misrepresented.

I would worry more about it being the wrong numberplate all together.

The first press cars were W reg. It should also be LHD, have twin headlamps and be on Fuches wheels, the stripes are missing down the side, and the rings on the door are supposed to fade towards the rear.

Anybody notice any other errors?

Having said that I cant wait to see this on telly.

The first press cars were W reg. It should also be LHD, have twin headlamps and be on Fuches wheels, the stripes are missing down the side, and the rings on the door are supposed to fade towards the rear.

Well spotted! Apparently, its a 1983 2144 wr in mars red, but the series is set in 1981.

More info (including some posts from the guy who rebuilt it) at Ashes to ashes - quattroforum.com

Now you've got me started! Can I be a bit self indulgent for few minutes and show you some of my old Audis?

I never quite managed a Quattro but did have a penchant for Type 81 Sports/GTEs.

My first was the '86 Tornado red facelift Sport at the bottom left. It was a lovely mint original car that would cruise all day at 120mph.

Second was the early '83 Zermatt silver example (shown centre). Regrettably sold just a couple of years ago showing a mere 74k miles. The early cars were that bit lighter than the facelift models and as such a bit quicker through the gears. Definitly the thinking mans Mk1 Golf GTi - a rare care these days.

Next was the rather rough '87 Sport (bottom right), again in Zermatt silver. My boss bought me this a couple of years back for Xmas! This one was a bit of a sleeper with its GTI Engineering RE2000 engine - 160BHP and was dangerously quick for the chassis/brakes!

Last is the 1990 Tornado red Type 89 Coupe at the top. Again, not quite a Quattro but it does have the big 2.3 5 pot which sounds absolutly gorgeous through the Jetex exhaust. Still got this one, though it hasn't been out to play for over a year - maybe this spring...

Thanks for your time :D!

Untitled-1.jpg

Yeah...Ive noticed something....Her *** looks fine in those jeans!

/trainspotter

I think you'll find those jeans are completely wrong, 1981 would have been a light stonewash with a boot cut, not an indigo drainpipe...and as for her hair...

Now you've got me started! Can I be a bit self indulgent for few minutes and show you some of my old Audis?

I never quite managed a Quattro but did have a penchant for Type 81 Sports/GTEs.

My first was the '86 Tornado red facelift Sport at the bottom left. It was a lovely mint original car that would cruise all day at 120mph.

Second was the early '83 Zermatt silver example (shown centre). Regrettably sold just a couple of years ago showing a mere 74k miles. The early cars were that bit lighter than the facelift models and as such a bit quicker through the gears. Definitly the thinking mans Mk1 Golf GTi - a rare care these days.

Next was the rather rough '87 Sport (bottom right), again in Zermatt silver. My boss bought me this a couple of years back for Xmas! This one was a bit of a sleeper with its GTI Engineering RE2000 engine - 160BHP and was dangerously quick for the chassis/brakes!

Last is the 1990 Tornado red Type 89 Coupe at the top. Again, not quite a Quattro but it does have the big 2.3 5 pot which sounds absolutly gorgeous through the Jetex exhaust. Still got this one, though it hasn't been out to play for over a year - maybe this spring...

Thanks for your time :D!

Untitled-1.jpg

i think its a repost but hey....

YouTube - Awesome Audi 80 Quattro Drift - General Lee

Mark

Featured in the new BBC series Ashes to Ashes - a spin off from Life on Mars

ashesEAGLE2511_468x311.jpg

BBC - Drama - Ashes to Ashes

YouTube - Ashes to Ashes promo trailer Life on Mars 2

You post an innocent photo Andy, and look what happens :eek:

The spotters and anoraks descend :P

Both car and female look well though :)

Steve

early cars were fitted with Ronal or Fuchs wheels , the ones fitted look like Ronal

They are the narrow ronals which were fitted the early cars (I think, and IIRC the Fuches were an option), but I just think that it should have the Fuches on as they are far better looking (but a touch expensive due to being magnesium)

I will admit to being an annorac, but having a 20v in the garage, and all being well a 10v on its way soon I think I do have a right.

Not seen that before. Hmm

Goes to see what can be done with the 90 quattro with a dead shell, and the 80 gl that hasnt run in years, that just happen to be lying around as 'spares'

You know you want to! wonder if the 1.8t would fit in there? ;)

Mark