Do you have Revo?

I drove my fabia VERY hard for 45k, with a map that contained an enourmous torque spike, and when it was taken out, it was barely worn. The DMF however self destructed not much after. I maintain its the way you drive them.

If you want the most fun we all know you need to uprate the clutch :thumbup:

I dont think theres an argument there is there??;)

i'd get a performance torque map if i had the choice.....

oh wait, i did :D

it's not about peak torque and bhp figures for me, it's about how it drives, and this map is as sooooo smooth and progressive.

FABBYJ.gif

If you want the most fun we all know you need to uprate the clutch :thumbup:

I dont think theres an argument there is there??;)

Well, id argue it yes. 2 track days at the old Angelsey Circuit...(RIP), 30 laps of the ring, and various torture round my favourite lanes with a boost spike at 2200 rpm, and no slip or notable wear on the oem clutch says something to me. Neo didnt used to drive like the grandad he is now, and as he states, he is still on his oem setup.

I have a Revo and my clutch was replaced for a sachs paddle item not long after it was remapped due to slippage (14k miles). Fair enough you can change your driving style if you wish, but I couldn't be arsed!

Well I've decided, what the hell. Getting a quote for 60K service, Cambelt service, front bushes (all 6), Eibachs and a Revo from the nice chaps at VAGtech....it's nearly my birthday after all ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got REVO!!!

Only had a short blast home from VAGtech and was a bit tentative, but by 'eck it's so smooth! No spike at 2k - just goes more and more all the way to 4k (ran out of road and speed limit)...I realise this is turning into the standard 'i've got a remap and love it' rant but why?

WHY did I wait this long to get it done? :o