Going Italian!

Well, I've been looking around for a month or two trying to think of a suitable replacement for the Mondeo. Fortunately, requirements have changed so I now no longer require a load lugger and the emphasis was very much on a grin inducing car on a budget which proved a harder combination than I'd imagined!

Spent last weekend trawling around all the car supermarkets and dealerships and ruling out pretty much every car I saw until I got to the Fiat garage. I'd read Mr Shifty's excellent road test so thought I'd give one a whirl and came back grinning like a village idiot.

So here he is - bought at 3 months old (pre-reg) with just 1 mile on the clock! :rofl:

pedro_front.jpg

pedro_rear.jpg

Chris

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be in no doubt, with a determined driver behind the wheel this diminutive Italian hatchback is the annoying fly you’ll struggle to swat, no matter how fast you think your car is.

Something to aspire to :o:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Power to weight works out about 102 bhp per tonne and I'm currently on course to get around 315 miles out of the 35l tank which works out about 42mpg. Only the front wheels are driven :D

Chris

Commendable little car, Chris. I'm sure you'll have many hours of fun in it. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

The cheapest I saw a pre reg ones / demonstrators for was £8995 when I was looking at them. I really don't think I could go back to a big car now, small cars rock!

I got it for £7695 + £360 for metallic paint so the princely sum of £8055. Not bad for a 3 month old car with 1 mile on the clock :D:rofl: Looking on Autotrader and Fiat's used car list there weren't any that were anywhere close to that.

Best the salesman could do on a brand new factory order was £9,500 (RRP £10,610), but Jamjar have them listed at £8165 OTR if I remember right.

Chris

Something to aspire to :o:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Power to weight works out about 102 bhp per tonne and I'm currently on course to get around 315 miles out of the 35l tank which works out about 42mpg. Only the front wheels are driven :D

Chris

Evo were usually reporting circa 35mpg on the monthly reports when they had one on the Fast Fleet. I always find it really useful when they've run something I'm looking at on the fleet, as it gives a great indication of what consumption will result for actual, typically spirited driving :D

Steve

EDIT: In fact, on searching, the end of term report reported an average of 38.6mpg, over 10 months and 6k :thumbup:

Enjoy!

We will definately be looking at something from the Fiat stable in the next 2 years (when we can ditch the mahoosive kids car seats!)

Rather tempted by a 500

I did look at the 500 but was very disappointed by the interior which really let it down for me. Trying a bit too hard to be modern and retro and the red leather was a little eurgh. Still, what do I know, the salesman tells me they're flying out of the showroom! :rofl:

Chris

I would never had said I was a fan of the Panda but I quite like yours. Really suits that colour.

Chris

As you know :) I have got my Mrs into buying one of these (delivery in early April)

I am really really tempted to bin the octy and get one for myself once I can use a clutch again properly.

How are you finding it so far, have you got any kids :) and "would" you as opposed to could you, load up the Mrs and 2 kids and take them to germany in it for a week (or would you like to take my Mrs? very clean, 1 careful owner, lovely pert boobies).

With the deal I / she got, I am really really tempted to head off in that direction because they are so much fun, and cheap to run.

I much prefer the Panda 100 over the 500, it just looks more chunky and dare I say it, Masculine!:D

:eek: the only masculine car is a TVR.Every other car is girly.

Haven't actually seen the interior of either.Will have to have a nose

I did look at the 500 but was very disappointed by the interior which really let it down for me. Trying a bit too hard to be modern and retro and the red leather was a little eurgh. Still, what do I know, the salesman tells me they're flying out of the showroom! :rofl:

Chris

Thank you. By publically announcing your dislike for the 500, you've become the 2nd hetero male on the entire forum :rofl: