Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got friday and the monday off after they lost my holiday form!! but got to wait till swmbo to finish work at 4pm on the friday :( according to the AA site i will have a 5 hour 260 mile drive, so im gonna have to borrow swmbo's sisters tent soon to get some practice in and also find what we can borrow (and what i will still need to buy)!!

One more thing any shell garages near to the camp site?

Hannah is not sure on camping either but I convinced her due to the cost that it would be cheap.

Camping is great fun. :) Come rain or shine, it's still a laugh! Besides, even if it is tipping it down, with any luck Gilly will be bringing his gazebo which is a shelter big enough to stand up in. :thumbup:

I am musing getting some beer from my local brewery if anyone else likes excellent quality real ale?

Can I have the pitch nearest the entrance ? Some how I don't think my "baker21 slammed" A4 is any good on rough ground.

ah, I know that car! there is a little car parking place near the part we are supposed to be camping on... all flat enough for you, the rest of us who are high enough will probably on the field with the tents if we can all fit in! may have to put more cars on the carpark to make room for the tents if it gets crowded.....

as for the pertol stations, the BP one in keswick (I usually use their ultimate) may be closed for refurb... due to shut next week, and re-opening in about 6-12 weeks! :eek: ... there is an esso garage with standard stuff, (and another petrol staion on the other road into keswick... standard stuff) as captain scarlet says, the nearest shell is just off the penrith roundabout of the A66 (where most of you will be comming through) I occasionally sample their deisel V-power... controversial comment, but I reccon I can feel extra power with the v-power... but not with the ultimate... hhmmmmm (I'm a deisel man...)

the drive I'm planning for saturday is quite a long one so fill up! I'll be doing a run through as the time gets closer (mini-meet anyone?!) and swmbo will take notes.... I'll print out the route for everyone, so we don't have to struggle to stay together, and we can gather in the many "photo oppertunity" pausing places on the way :thumbup:

anyone wanting watersports, windemere is just 15 mins away from the camp site... I'm not that inetersted (tho I may join in) ... I suggest we put Loz in charge of researching what can be done on windemere! lol...... (for the sunday maybe?)

:cool:

Got to admire an open and honest woman :D:D:D

Haha!

Oh God, you're putting ME in charge of something?!!? This is all dependant on me managing to get there remember! lol!

And I had just managed to remember the way to Bury :rolleyes:

Nice one sharkrider. Don't know if I'll be able to make your pre-run as my weekends are getting pretty full.

For smstext unleaded at the Carlisle Shell is currently 110.9p. Couldn't see a price for V-power. But seems to be about 8p a litre more in the past.