Carbonio Or Jabba Cai (i'm Confused) Which One

I'm confused on which construction of CAI will give my APR tuned 1.8 20 vt Toledo.

Awesome GTI says the Carbonios location of the cone filter behind the wheel arch allows for the extraction of cold air.

On the other hand Jabba is against this and belive that the location of the cone filter inside the engine bay in the exact position of the original air filter is good.

In my opinion Its quite obvious that you get more heat in engine bay than inside of the wheel arch.

Please some help me.

Have a look at both constructions in the links below.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/images/carbonio1.jpg

http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fu...p?ProductID=30

I'm confused on which construction of CAI will give my APR tuned 1.8 20 vt Toledo.

Awesome GTI says the Carbonios location of the cone filter behind the wheel arch allows for the extraction of cold air.

On the other hand Jabba is against this and belive that the location of the cone filter inside the engine bay in the exact position of the original air filter is good.

In my opinion Its quite obvious that you get more heat in engine bay than inside of the wheel arch.

Please some help me.

Have a look at both constructions in the links below.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/images/carbonio1.jpg

http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fu...p?ProductID=30

Is the Jabba one an enclosed cone? the second link doesnt work for me. I have the Carbonio but havent fitted it yet.

Darren

Is the Jabba one an enclosed cone? the second link doesnt work for me. I have the Carbonio but havent fitted it yet.

Darren

Ive got the Jabba one fitted on mine, it has shielding to 2 sides so when the bonnet down is totaly enclosed plus it has a cold air feed from the wheelarch

To be honest not much between them both good pieces of kit:thumbup:

Steve

if i was you id get the carbonio. BUT the jabba one is prob best for this country:D

if you go thru puddles and have open grillls get the jabba as you wont suck in water. due to the carbonio bein in the bumper, when it pi55in down you may get bit of water in. I have one of similar disign and i find in the really wet times it doesnt drive that well.

hope that helps a bit.

From that picture i'd say the Carbonio would be better. You will still get plenty of heat soak with the Jabba one imo. Mind you what the costs of both because the Carbonio one is about £180 inc postage. Have you not considered one of the ebay cheapo jobs? I'v seen pictures and they do look pretty good. Looks can be deceptive though but they do get good reviews from members on this forum.

Darren

lol thats what i got £35 i payed and it jus the same as the carbonio I think.

it is good though I jus put stockins ove the filter jus in case.

the sound is good and the differance in amount of air it lets in is pritty big.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it is good though I jus put stockins ove the filter jus in case.

Oh the wonderfull filtration properties of ladies underwear..lol

The ebay ones are ok construction wise, but the ones I have seen come with mesh filters that are really good for flow, because the filter feck all out. Use with caution.

I was originally interested in the carbonio but after looking into it some tuners/people have said that they have sucked in water thus causing big problems?!?!?!? due to this i just went for a powertec induction kit (for the time being) £100 the pure mesh filter even on the standard engine sounds awsome imo, jabba looks coolio and the heat shield is a nice touch.

Just thought would put my two pence worth in :P

I was originally interested in the carbonio but after looking into it some tuners/people have said that they have sucked in water thus causing big problems?!?!?!? due to this i just went for a powertec induction kit (for the time being) £100 the pure mesh filter even on the standard engine sounds awsome imo, jabba looks coolio and the heat shield is a nice touch.

Just thought would put my two pence worth in :P

A point I suppose, but if you had a carbonio fitted, would you drive through deep puddles ?

Do you know the amount of times I have said that multon

If you was to go through a puddle that was to be submurging the filter , it would be above the bottom of the door

Who in their right mind would sit in a puddle revving?

You take your foot off the accelerator and let the torque pull you through

I have tried to get the FAQ from Carbonio , but it seems the page is down at the moment

But no , no issues with the Carbonio

Sarah

At the risk of the last two post making me sound like a chump i was only saying what i heard! Sure as hell wasnt slagging any product off and dont know the in and outs of the filter and exact loacation of fitting so didnt know how deep water would have to be or weather driving your car hard would be enough! was just "SAYING" what i heard!

And just for the record no i wouldn't drive my car through deep puddles!