Fabia Love!!

So with the rate at which diesel is going up in cost, tax increases and and global credit crunch (wtf!), I've decided my Furby Vrs is going to be with me for quite a while yet.

The finance is now paid off, I've just had the cambelt done, 40k mile service, new rear brakes, stainless steel exhaust, KW suspension and TT alloys in the last six months (saving for 312's now). It's economical, fast and my insurance is cheap. I've decided to step off the crazy merriground that is new car buying, with 46k on the clock I figure my Vrs is hardly run in.

Inspired by Detailing World I've started to get car cleaning OCD and my Vrs is the cleanest its ever been since I collected it over two and a bit years ago. These photos were taken after a five hour session on saturday morning during which both swmbo's mini and my Vrs was given a good going over. I've not yet got into the serious wax products, trying to use up some old Turtle wax stuff I've had for ages, but my first order will be going in to one of the websites fairly soon.

DSC01750_small.jpg

DSC01752_small.jpg

DSC01760_small.jpg

DSC01761_smaller.jpg

Yes just plain jane KW's, couldn't afford the coilovers at the time.

I posted on here the week I had them fitted.

http://briskoda.net/forums/fabia/looking-bit-better/91866/#post1055571

Are those KW standard style springs and shocks as opposed to coilovers? It is a very good value kit, much cheaper than FSD's/eilbach what do you think of them any chance of a mini review? :rofl:

I do agree with what you say about keeping the Furby for a good few years, I got mine new, and its just over a year old now, and again with two years finance left.

I was always planning to pension her off after three years and get something quicker - at the time it seemed a good idea as I'd be over 21 then and have a few years driving experience under my belt. But what with the cost of...well being alive, I think I might just run my Furby into the ground aswell. I've already spent loads on pimping her, and providing you keep it clean like you have they will run on and on. And its a great fun little car. I approve!

The wheels look well butch and suit the car to the ground. It's one of the tidiest I've seen. Wish I had the time, and patience (!!!) to get my motor looking that good. I can barely be bothered to take it up the local and spray it down with the hose.

very clean looking car :D

my friend just got the proper detailing bug and has a good advisor on the clio forum she uses so i took advantage and got a list of various products to get the best from my car, i have a feeling its going to cost over £100 for the various products and result in a month of polishing/waxing/sealing etc but should get the car looking nice and shiny too.

Exactly, the cost of living is going up at a frightening pace in rip of britain, so I'll have to stick with what I've got.

I'd love a Octy vrs, but with no disrespect meant to the Octy owners, what is an Octy going to give me that my fabia doesn't? Apart from less money in my pocket come the end of the month, after finance and all the related expenses that go with a new car....

Good lookin car

When belts need to be tightened you cant beat one of thes ein my view good performance and reasonable running costs find something else withe better smiles per mile/£ i couldnt!! and believe me I looked!