Has anyone been...

mistaken for unmarked police in your silver / white octavia?

It happened to me twice at the weekend, one of them was a BMW driver on his phone and I got a really dirty look when he realised I wasn't old bill :rofl:

Not locally as they don't use them much round Cardiff, but lets just say the Cardiff to York trip I make quite often is often akin to Moses and the red sea :rofl::rofl:

I mostly get kids running off thinking im gonna take there weed :rofl:

Being a black car and on dark nights you can roll up the road slowly to make for a more realistic scenario.

Its not very often i get mistaken on the roads tho even tho there is a similar black vrs in our area usually because of the 18" rims

Only this morning i wished i had been mistaken for a police vrs tho ,I got tugged for overtaking an unmarked clapped out toyota :cop1: slightly clockwise of legal

Although to be fair they did let me off

still a giggle when they go by on the motorway and you whip it out behind them...

Sunday morning an Accord Type-R went belting by me in the fast lane doing well over a ton. I popped out behind him and the brake lights went on a bit quickly! :D

My girlfriends at uni in brum and there are around 5 (some marked some unmarked) octavia VRS mk 1s running around in one area... all a few years old. Hence when I drive up to see her I normally get people slowing when they see me. Obvious the budget car of choice for chasing drug dealers in the area (perry barr...pretty rough). Saying that they've got a clapped out old 306 as well :-O

My girlfriends at uni in brum and there are around 5 (some marked some unmarked) octavia VRS mk 1s running around in one area... all a few years old. Hence when I drive up to see her I normally get people slowing when they see me. Obvious the budget car of choice for chasing drug dealers in the area (perry barr...pretty rough). Saying that they've got a clapped out old 306 as well :-O

Add that clapped out toyota to the brums police salvage squad was in harborne he started following me,, it also had 132k on the clock

It's weird... I live in bristol and most of the cars are 55 + (sadly I've only seen 2 octavias). Although 80% of the cars are focus diesel estates... but they seem to be stepping up with some rather nice new shiny BMW estates. Did hear that Avon and Somerset police still use a Cosworth on regular unmarked patrols... think I'd brick it being pulled by a cossie... not what you invisage the local plod driving around!

Those evos in london and various parts of the country look tasty... what a job that would be patrolling the streets in a 300BHP monster...

It has happened a few times. I tend not to drive too fast on the motorway, so sit on the inside lane at, or just below 70mph. Quite regularly people flying down the outside lane miraculously loose a lot of speed, crawl past trying to look sideways whilst facing forwards and then zoom off again once they see me!:D

I think being debadged and a reasonably newish reg helps the illusion.

I quite regularly get people hit the anchors especially if i have a white shirt on. Every time i tell someone what i am driving now they always say "thats the ones the police use isnt it?

The Octavia Mk1 especially does seem to be associated with policecars though.

mitsubishi_lancer.jpg

apparently there were two. one has been sent for scrap after an incident.

If i remember correctly i think that evo was featured on tv. (police camera action i think)

It was written off on the first day by a van backing into it ,And there was two in that force

I don't know if it was on tv, but yes that was how two became one. Doesn't cost the police anything, i believe they are given cars for publicity purposes.

Yea deffo was cant remember when tho...they showed the video evidence from the car being mangled

All in the 1st day of duty lol

Happens to me all the time lol,

If I sit slow in the inside lane, I get a lot of people slammin on the brakes until they realise i'm not a cop then they scream off raging. If i'm on the outside lane coming up behind someone they very swiftly move out of my way.

I always drive with my xenon's on this porbably adds to the effect. Most of the unmarked traffic cars i've seen seem to have xenon's on no matter what weather.

Also being in the RAF helps, my shirts have epilets with a rank slide on them lol

Ross

WRC_068