Fabia D2S Hid kits group buy for xenon headlights

Phil.B

Seeing as many of us are upgrading to the projector style lamps which are much better to safely use HID kits, I thought i'd offer a group buy to see if there is any interest?

I have direct contact with a supplier I have used in China for about 5 years. They were sourced by a friend that was living out there at the time so I know they are great quality, I can offer them at a very good price because there's no middle man that's making the price go up :)

The prices would be as follows for a 35w slim ballast D2S kit

5 people £50 delivered.

10 people £45 delivered

15+I may be able to get a bit more off!

I've got a few kits coming so I can take pictures, I don't have any as yet because the supplier has just changed their ballasts to a slimmer design.

I am just gathering interest on this thread and have not started a group buy yet. If you have any questions post up!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing we can choose temperature aswell ie 4300k,500k etc etc?

Yep I forgot to mention that, you can choose from 4300, 6000, 8000, 10000, 12000k :)

if i can have some 4300k ill put my name down for these.....

Ok I'll start a list!

Interested @ £45. :)

Hopefully we will get that many!

Interested as long as it can be done speedily. I already have my Xenons and want to crack on and source all the bits.

andrewuk - D2S - slim ballast - 4300k

Devonutopia - - -

vRS Joe - D2S - Slim ballast - 4300k

Add yourself if your interested

Can we have a link to the company Phil?

Its more to do with the heat the different bulbs will put out.

Would the wattage not be any indication of how hot they would be? I always though the lens on my lamps was cooler running my 35w hids that with the 55w halogens. Your maybe right tho, that's how I thought it might go lol

55w ballasts?

35w, my supplier doesn't stock them D2S with 55w, not many seem to!

Damn it, I bought a set the other week :doh:

shame!

Interested as long as it can be done speedily. I already have my Xenons and want to crack on and source all the bits.

Devonutopia - - -

Add yourself if your interested

Can we have a link to the company Phil?

It depends how quickly we get enough people really, once ordered they would be at your door within 1-2 weeks max.

Would the wattage not be any indication of how hot they would be? I always though the lens on my lamps was cooler running my 35w hids that with the 55w halogens. Your maybe right tho, that's how I thought it might go lol

The 55w will run hotter than 35 but they do run cooler than halogens.

Think its more to do with "over lighting" the bulbs ie 35w to 55w so they burn brighter, so burn hotter.This is what ive been told anyway.

Yeh that would make sense, altho any 55w kits you buy come with 35w bulbs

Devonutopia - D2S - Slim ballast - 4300k

I'll go for the same. Now I just need to find out if I can order the projectors, and also if I need to fit headlight washers for MOT...

Word on the street is that the new rules say that if washers/ levellers are fitted they must work but if you don't have them then they can't be tested so they can't not work and you pass. Kinda like if you have front fogs in a way

That sounds about right to me.

Word on the street is that the new rules say that if washers/ levellers are fitted they must work but if you don't have them then they can't be tested so they can't not work and you pass. Kinda like if you have front fogs in a way

here we go again :rofl:

oh no, we had like 16 pages of that rubbish in the last topic lol was getting a bit of a headache lol whats the best to have? ive noticed most people have gone for 4300K

We'll leave it at that then!

4300k is pretty much what manufacturers use in oem headlights, 600k has a slight tint of blue, 8000k is pretty blue, then 10000 and 12000 are purpley - more for shows.