7 speed dsg maintenance

kevin g

Could anyone please give me a definitive answer as to whether the 7 speed dry clutch dsg gearbox needs maintenance, and if so what is required and when.

Thanks in anticipation.

Could anyone please give me a definitive answer as to whether the 7 speed dry clutch dsg gearbox needs maintenance, and if so what is required and when.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes - Maintenance is required every 40.000 miles

Parts required :-

Direct Shift Gearbox Oil. Part # G 052 182 A2.

Direct Shift Gearbox Filter. Part # 02E 305 051 B.

Gasket. Part # N 043 809 2.

Seals. Part # N 910 845 01.

VAS 6262 tool

Thanks for the replies. You can see the problem in that there are two different opinions; although it does seem to err on the side of no maintenance. Can anyone provide any evidence from VAG which confirms this view. The dealers that I have spoken to do not all agree either and I do not want to end up with a warranty claim which may not be honoured due to lack of maintenance.

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. You can see the problem in that there are two different opinions; although it does seem to err on the side of no maintenance. Can anyone provide any evidence from VAG which confirms this view. The dealers that I have spoken to do not all agree either and I do not want to end up with a warranty claim which may not be honoured due to lack of maintenance.

Thanks again

I am now finding this totally confusing to say the least.

So today I first phoned SUK customer service and asked if there was any need to change the 7 speed dsg gear box oil as fitted to a 1.4l Octavia. The women went off the line to enquire from a service engineer and came back with the answer, Yes - the oil and filter needs to be changed every 40,000 miles.

I then called one of my local Skoda service dealers and asked the same question and was asked for the car registration number.

The service chap then came back and said he could find no records related to oil change for the 7 speed dsg box, so as far I they were concerned the oil does not ever require changing. He also checked his records and could not find any other records for this service on the 7 speed dsg.

So where do we go from here. !!!!!!

Ramonford I appreciate you taking the trouble to try and find the answer to my question but as you have found even the manufacturers/dealers do not seem to know the answer.

I know that this question has been raised before so I find it strange that there has not been a definitive answer published by VAG.

Anyway, someone my read this forum who may have some influence with VAG and we may eventually get an answer.

Kevin, PM me your chassis number and I'll check on the system for your car.

Very obliging of you to do this

As the OP related the question to 7 speed DSG boxes as fitted to his 1.4l Octy, would not the answer to his question be applicable to all similar fitted boxes.

Please could your answer be made public as I am sure many members, including me, would like a definitive answer.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

57916c41.jpg

I came across this photo of a training manual. I hope that this finally gives us the answer to my original question.

Thanks Kevin for taking the trouble to post valuable information.

Wonder if you have any further reference to the training manual i.e.. Publication number, download address/location or any other information to enable members to get a complete copy

• 5 months later...

What a fantastic forum. I am nothing to do with the trade and don't even own a Skoda but from reading this I've just found out what should be serviced on my Jetta with 7 spd DSG. A number of garages were giving me differing opinions along with friends and when I read some US forums on 6 spd DSG I was worrying about the lack of oil change on my warranty.

Praise be to the above members, particularly Kevin g from near my location. Mansfield garage have even sent me a flyer telling me to get the gearbox oil changed!!!

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

I was told by an independent mechanic to take my 1.6 TDI Octavia with DSG7 to the dealership to have the fluid changed, as he didn't have the tools to open it. Upon bringing it to to the dealer, I was informed the transmission is sealed for life, and doesn't have a service interval.

Yes sealed for life and no need to open it.

Then VWG had to do a World Wide Recall and Service Campaign in some World Regions.

*So not sealed for life, rather easy to unseal and change the oil causing internal corrosion for what VW decided will not.*

So some need or can have the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral Oil & a Software Update.

You need to check if your DSG was one that VW think has Mineral Oil and should not need the oil changed,

or if they have no idea so it gets done anyway, Free at a main dealer.

this might show any outstanding action.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

The Service Campaign in New Zealand even had a new MCU fitted.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Edited by GoneOffSKi

• 10 months later...

Your DQ200 DSG does not need serviced as in Oil & Filter changed, 

but best check with Skoda UK Customer Services if Service Campaign '34H5' is required on your car, a Software Update for the DSG. Free...

Some DSG started getting this Service Campaign action late 2016, 

and it seems like Skoda UK are not doing much about letting owners know.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/432730-oil-leak 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 31/07/2016 at 03:52, toot said:

Yes sealed for life and no need to open it.

Then VWG had to do a World Wide Recall and Service Campaign in some World Regions.

*So not sealed for life, rather easy to unseal and change the oil causing internal corrosion for what VW decided will not.*

So some need or can have the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral Oil & a Software Update.

You need to check if your DSG was one that VW think has Mineral Oil and should not need the oil changed,

or if they have no idea so it gets done anyway, Free at a main dealer.

this might show any outstanding action.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

The Service Campaign in New Zealand even had a new MCU fitted.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

just on this one - I purchased a second hand Octy 2014 that went into the dealer for the NZ recall on the mechatronics. The person I bought from has “no idea what they did but they did something?”

does this mean my 7 speed DSG now has to be serviced as it was opened? 

@JamesGornell Is it a 7 speed DSG so a DQ200 on a 2014 car? 

It should need nothing done if it is one of these. 

The Recall was on 2009-2012 DQ200's to Replace the MCU in New Zealand,   also use Mineral Oil instead of Synthetic.

So not this recall on a 2014 car unless a new one started at some point. 

There was another Service Campaign started 2017 to do a Software Update on 2013-2015 cars.   Maybe that was done. 

Then in Australia a Recall was started again in 2019 covering cars that were already part of the 2 Recalls already covering cars.

You would need to ask Skoda / VW NZ or main dealers what might have been done on your car. 

• Like 1

Hey @toot thanks for that.

Dived into this DSG rabbit hole now well and truly.

I mistakenly thought they were referring to the 1st recall (MCU oil change)

I was wrong I think the previous owners had the accumulator/pressure issue fixed. 

the new recall from 2019 however, is there any more info on this as I’d be keen to see if I’m affected. 

• Like 1