• Announcements

• ColinD

2017 EMail Issues - Post Upgrade   23/01/17

Hi,   Following a successful upgrade of our old code; being out of support we had to upgrade, we've encountered an unforeseen in preview and testing issue with our production email.   This means that email isn't sending as well as it should. You might ask for the email and we might send it, it also might get blocked by your ISP. Btinternet, AOL and Yahoo are well known for blocking.   We're working on it and I hope to have an solution working shortly.    Out of all that could of gone wrong, this isn't the worst case   As to other issues and 'change' as I said, it's forced upon us. To not change is irresponsible. More updates to follow once we're past our initial snag list.   There's only one working on it though; me, so please be patient, read the support topics, spend a few minutes, it's not that different once you get over the shock.   Cheers,   Colin   Snag List Topic >>       

Celebrate with us, a 10th year mini party?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

23 posts in this topic

Well the 22nd of this month represented our 10th anniversary. Last year I made a post about it looking forward, this year I wanted to celebrate a slightly different way. i.e. more than a thread, and looking at other key dates from our early years.

The 27th of October represents the date we officially launched, 5 days from name to launch, our first registered member.

We began as many know with an idea in a pub following a very brisk drive over Lancashire moors. Now 10 years on I thought what a nice way to celebrate, with a pub lunch/meal/drink(orange juice). The original pub is long since gone though.

So on the night of the 27th, this Saturday, does anybody fancy popping out for some food in the Peak District, think Ladybower, Derwent water area?

I'll bring a cake post-6-0-53057500-1351070334_thumb.jpeg

This is a last minute idea, there will be a bigger party (or two) in 2013 requiring tents, beer and cars, in fact forget the tents.

Will go with the consensus on timings, my preference would be for an evening.

Reply below and I'll keep the thread alive/ PM. Will choose the pub based on numbers, if it's just me I'll go to the Strines ;)

3 people like this

Depends on time, but fingers crossed if its afternoon I should be able to pop along. :thumbup:

However SWMBO has just said there are closures planned for the snake pass at weekends for repairs, shes going to see if she can find out when & where!

Great idea for a party but the Peak District is too far north for me here in Bristol. ANyway I am busy on the 27th. If there was to be one somewhere a bit closer to home at some point then I would be interested.

Dave

Nice idea - I will toast a cider or two to Briskoda at Weston on the Sat night. ;)

How about a centrally located belated one in the spring?

Edit, Can't believe I've been on here for 4 years on the 8th November myself :o

Would have loved to but too short notice Colin, sorry :(

Have fun if it does go ahead :)

Could well be interested especially as Colin has previously mentioned free beer for Freedom members! :thumbup:

I'd love to but I'm away this weekend unfortunately. We should definitely have a large meet to celebrate!

Shame it wasn't last night 'cause I could have made it having spent the night in Manchester.

It's a bit far to come for an evening, swmbo would not sanction time out or the fuel bill!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

I appreciate it's a last minute event, but it's only a small token event :)

Lets meet from 7pm at the Strines Inn :beer: > http://www.sheffield...ld/strines-inn/

For anyone after food, they are busiest between 6 and 8, hence the later meet time. I'll be ordering food at 8pm.

For those who have not been to the strines before, take care on the approach, it's a fantastic road even when I borrowed a prius! It's also got bits of oil on it, I cycled it twice this week.

The phone signal up there is poor, if you're coming, please let me know, but not essential, it's a pub after all. Easiest is a txt, 07900 826 101.

There will be more meets, as indicated I'm looking at 2 over 1 central, so one off the M4 corridor (open to suggestions) and another possibly Kendal way to be fair to those from north of Carlisle.

Anyway, till then, Saturday at the Strines from 7pm. I'll be the one who looks knackered if I've cycled there.

A free beer for freedom members, I do remember that moment too... don't tell SWMBO I refused to go shopping this week. :party:

It's only a 60 mile round trip so hopefully the free beer all night should offset the diesel. ;)

Mind you, with the weather turning we might get some snow in that exposed location and nobody will be able to get there!

snowCAR_1777938b.jpg

Sadly I now can't make this. My wife has already arranged to go out at 6:30 so I'm quite liteerally left holding the baby.

:-(

Could have done earlier today, but can't do evening due to my sons orchestra arrangements. Have to be seen to support, nurture & all that.......

And trust me, I'd go almost anywhere for free cake and beer, but no chance tonight.

And trust me, I'd go almost anywhere for free cake and beer, but no chance tonight.

All the more for the ones that do attend then! :giggle:

In true Brisky fashion, Colin had paid a visit to see Mr Morrison to relieve him of some of his finest cup cakes to await the masses who would be attending.

However, it appeared that everyone wanted to stay in and either watch Strictly or the X Factor so the cakes that I haven't eaten before Tuesday will be brought down to the Mansfield meet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0