What have you done to improve the handling of your Fabia?

Hi folks,

What have you guys done to your Fabia's to improve the handling?

I know mine is powered by the 'fuel of the devil' and that it will never be even remotely quick, so I've taken the attitude it can still be good fun to chuck around!

Mine is a work in progress.... Still need to fit most of this stuff, but it will give you an idea.

Currently fitted:

• Eibach 30mm lowering springs (specifically for the 1.6crdi)
  • H&R 25mm rear anti roll bar

Awaiting fitment:

SuperPro polyurethane (AWESOME GTi) bushes for:

• Front wishbones (front and rear set) with increased camber & anti dive offsets.
  • Front anti roll bar (20mm)
  • Rear trailing arm

FK Alloy wheel spacers (DPM PERFORMANCE):

• Fronts = 10mm (20mm total increase in track)
  • Rears = 15mm (30mm total increase in track)

As soon as I get the time these will be fitted, and I will be taking loads of pics too - before anyone asks.

What setups do you lot have?

Steve :)

I've put my estate on Bilstein B12s, considering the rear ARB upgrade, and running ET35 wheels

That's as rash as I'm going to be, so not in your league :)

You need to upgrade your shock absorbers.This should give the greatest single improvement.

It's more expensive than some other items,so these tend to get done first.

• Like 2

I've put my estate on Bilstein B12s, considering the rear ARB upgrade, and running ET35 wheels

That's as rash as I'm going to be, so not in your league :)

Hey Brimma how do you find the B12 kit? is that the kit with the eibach springs? I quite fancy it but just not sure if its worth the cost over just new springs.

Hey Brimma how do you find the B12 kit? is that the kit with the eibach springs? I quite fancy it but just not sure if its worth the cost over just new springs.

I bought the kit when there was a group buy, so in my view it was very good value

Prior to that I was going to try the Eibach springs on original dampers, with the car being nearly new anyway

Good dampers (B12's) are next on my list, but as the car has only just covered 5k and is a shade under 6 months old I'll stick with the OEM jobbies for now.

I have to say it rides very nicely on the eibachs and OEM dampers though.

Steve :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd use an old thread rather than starting a new one...

I've cracked and ordered a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs.  Is there any need to install anything else or can you use the springs alone? On my old Focus, it was recommended by most forum punters that it needed some bolts to adjust the the camber slightly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I've got a RARB to go on as well. Hopefully, the combination will satisfy handling deficiencies (which I don't think are that excessive, to be honest).

prepare to eat those words, once lowered and anti-errm-rolled, you will think your old setup was a complete dog! :)

• Like 3

Been using the Eibach pro kit springs for 10 months now and I can't think of anything negative to say. Body roll is greatly reduced and the car just feels more balanced. On top of that it looks much better. Apart from that the other thing I did to improve the handling was to replace the wheels. Originals are 17x7 ET41 and now running 17x7.5 ET36. The wider track of course improved the handling but they also almost completely removed the torque steer under acceleration even with the same 205/40/17 tyres. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So... today I had Eibach pro kit springs and a Whiteline rear sway bar fitted (middle setting), and all I can say is...  :rock:

Same mods were hardly noticeable on my old Focus, but the Fabia is transformed.  :love:

I kept going through roundabouts unable to believe how the car was responding to changes in direction. It almost feels like the back end is gliding around corners. :happy:

If in doubt, just do it. :sun:

• Like 3

So... today I had Eibach pro kit springs and a Whiteline rear sway bar fitted (middle setting), and all I can say is...  :rock:

Same mods were hardly noticeable on my old Focus, but the Fabia is transformed.  :love:

I kept going through roundabouts unable to believe how the car was responding to changes in direction. It almost feels like the back end is gliding around corners. :happy:

If in doubt, just do it. :sun:

Firstly let me say I can barely bring myself to talk to you since you took down the awesome moustache avatar! Have I mentioned I don't like change - Don't even get me started on George (gonesniffing)

Great to hear another Springs and RARB convert is happy.  The change to handling really is night and day, although I have gotten used to having a car that really goes after the twisty stuff, when these first went on I couldn't believe how the front held much more grip and stayed on the line you asked for, just watch it with the rear, if driven gently it will glide, if you give it a flick it will happily slide :devil:

• Like 3

Firstly let me say I can barely bring myself to talk to you since you took down the awesome moustache avatar! Have I mentioned I don't like change - Don't even get me started on George (gonesniffing)

Great to hear another Springs and RARB convert is happy.  The change to handling really is night and day, although I have gotten used to having a car that really goes after the twisty stuff, when these first went on I couldn't believe how the front held much more grip and stayed on the line you asked for, just watch it with the rear, if driven gently it will glide, if you give it a flick it will happily slide :devil:

I'm gonna have to just say ahh well f%?• it and smash the credit card and turn silver into swifter. Bang goes warranty, boomm comes fast ;-)

• Like 2

I'm gonna have to just say ahh well f%?• it and smash the credit card and turn silver into swifter. Bang goes warranty, boomm comes fast ;-)

Look at it this way, if you do it, you will lose warranty on suspension, by my reckoning that is £150.00 worth of parts that you can't claim against and that you want to change anyway.

Also, stock dampers are poo :D Childish I know but true.

• Like 2

hurry up, can't order mine til I know you like yours :D

Well don't blame me! If Superpro cared to update their bush listings a long time ago as they should have done, I would have received the bushes by now and off I would be for installation this Friday as booked. This darn box keeps getting in my way in the living room...

b8_zps3373ff61.jpg

• Like 2

Well don't blame me! If Superpro cared to update their bush listings a long time ago as they should have done, I would have received the bushes by now and off I would be for installation this Friday as booked. This darn box keeps getting in my way in the living room...

b8_zps3373ff61.jpg

:wub:  WANT!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Look at it this way, if you do it, you will lose warranty on suspension, by my reckoning that is £150.00 worth of parts that you can't claim against and that you want to change anyway.

Also, stock dampers are poo :D Childish I know but true.

I will do dampers, springs and bushes all at same time, I don't like having to take bits apart twice if it can all be done in one hit. :yes:

• Like 2