Reversing Mirrors

I know that my car will adjust its wing mirrors when I put the car in reverse but if I want to adjust them and save a new position how do I do it. I have been through the manual but can't find the process.

Thanks

Martin

I know that my car will adjust its wing mirrors when I put the car in reverse but if I want to adjust them and save a new position how do I do it. I have been through the manual but can't find the process.

Thanks

Martin

Adjust the right mirror with the reverse gear selected. That should do it.

Is it that simple - I did think I had tried that but will need to wait until home time to give it another try. Will it adjust both mirrors?

From the manual:

Storing exterior mirror setting for reversing

– Switch on the ignition.

– Turn the exterior mirror control to position R [but L for UK, of course].

– Engage reverse gear.

– Move the right exterior mirror into the desired position.

– Take the vehicle out of gear.

The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

(It's under 'Seats and Stowage', after drivers' seat adjustment.)

The first answer, about the right mirror, is from Denmark. It's the passenger mirror, so in Denmark right, UK left.

And yes, when in reverse, with dipping selected just adjust it. You also need the mirror switch to be set left, if I remember correctly.

U mean the right mirror does not dip on reverse?

Nope, in Uk only the left mirror dips.

Also, if headlights are on, Fog's will come on when in reverse.

Also, Also, vehicle will change AC settings to re-circ! - Didn't know that till a few weeks back!

And finally, If front wipers are on the rear wiper will wipe (Estate)

Al.

Nope, in Uk only the left mirror dips.

Also, if headlights are on, Fog's will come on when in reverse.

Also, Also, vehicle will change AC settings to re-circ! - Didn't know that till a few weeks back!

And finally, If front wipers are on the rear wiper will wipe (Estate)

Al.

Dude, u lost me! :-)

Am still learning about my Superb settings -

If I had her :-(

Going to jump in here with a question, with my father-in-law's superb it seems to drop the mirror once after being set for reversing, then never returns to its normal position afterwards or when next selecting reverse, any reason why?

Going to jump in here with a question, with my father-in-law's superb it seems to drop the mirror once after being set for reversing, then never returns to its normal position afterwards or when next selecting reverse, any reason why?

Mine takes about 6 seconds to adjust back up, and if you've driven off, at first it seems like it isn't going to come up, but eventually does.

Yup, it doesn't go back up until you go over a certain speed, or switch off the ignition. It's to stop it going up and down all the time if you are shunting backwards and forwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, bit late to the party on this one. Does this work on the SE as well or only for the Elegance/L&K crowd?! Borrowed a friends Grand Voyager today, auto dipping mirrors on reverse - very useful indeed!

Cheers

Mike