Remap 1.2 TSI - 86hp

There are no weights on any Fabia other than the vRS, i think he was attempting humour.

No weights on crash bars, You can Tow with Monte Carlos,

they have a given towing limit and can have a tow bar fitted, so from Type Approved and Given Weights.

500kg unbraked, 1100kg with the 86 ps, & 500 kg & 1200kg with the 105 ps

(vRS are not permitted to have a tow bar fitted for towing, but can to fit a Cycle rack on.)

I only asked incase someone knew of any actual difference between the 86 ps and the 105 ps car, 

If actually one car weighs more than the other, different size Discs, Radiator or Oil cooler.

The given Unladen weights are the same for the cars from the first ones.

The Monte Carlo will weigh more than a more basic Fabia 1.2 TSI, just by the fact they come with 17's

bits of purely cosmetic Exterior Trim added,different Seats and the likes.

Just that Skoda do not update the Figures and stick with the ones from 2007, or the engines fitted in 2010

Not the Monte Carlo 105 ps Petrol or Diesel as supplied in the UK.

The 86ps and the 105 ps might well be identical other than for the MAP on the ECU.

Check the likes of the Spark Plugs, see if they are the same on both engines.

VAG charge lots for engines with more power where the only difference is the Map, they always have.

The thing is the Warranty they provide is the one for the Engine as they Manufacture and sell it.

So it is up to the Buyer to decide if they want to up power and invalidate the Manufacturers Warranty.

(if you are out of Warranty, then just a simple choice to make.)

Sparkly,

have you taken the unnecessary 25kg off the crash bar yet to see if it effects the handling. or are they coming off before the Track or any more Suspension work gets done.?

george

With absolutely no humour intended

Taking a decision on this in the coming weeks George

• Like 1

I was thinking people could buy the 86 and map it themselves and save £700 (minus a few hundred to map) But i guess keeping the warranty and not having to declare a mod on insurance (plus paying a premium of i dont know how much) makes £700 not a bad deal

I was thinking people could buy the 86 and map it themselves and save £700 (minus a few hundred to map) But i guess keeping the warranty and not having to declare a mod on insurance (plus paying a premium of i dont know how much) makes £700 not a bad deal

Map it yourself?

Keep the warranty?

not having to declare a mod on insurance?

Not sure where to start with this post.................. :peek:

No. Sorry, was in a rush and clearly doesnt make sense does it haha.

I meant

1.buy 86ps engine and save £700

2. Then get it mapped yourself for a few hundred to 105ps (obviously by somebody as i cant even use a road atlas properly hHa)

3. But it would invalidate the warranty and you would have to declare the remap to the insurance.

So i dont think £700 is a bad price! Haha

Edited by Otaylor38
  • Like 1

& Skoda, VW UK know that in the pricing of the cars to suit people that require cheaper insurance.

Or just happy with the lower output engine.

So they offer you the cheaper car or an over priced one for the sake of an extra 19 ps available , just with an different Map from the Factory.

They have a market and they exploit it to the full.

Taking the pith really when Cars are Identical other than the Engine output.

??

So do we know yet, are the 86ps & 105 ps 1.2 TSI as sold identical, other than for the Map on the ECU ?

I meant

2. Then get it mapped yourself for a few hundred to 105ps (obviously by somebody as i cant even use a road atlas properly hHa)

3. But it would invalidate the warranty and you would have to declare the remap to the insurance.

all is now much clearer :thumbup:

The 86ps version is 14kg less because the ecu is fitted with the lite version of software.  :notme:

haha nice one. :D 

So do we know yet, are the 86ps & 105 ps 1.2 TSI as sold identical, other than for the Map on the ECU ?

I asked the company which i will take my fabia for a remap, and they told me that the engine is identical. But what are those 14kg on 105hp ? Maybe only o paper? 

And BTW i will also install air-intake from K&N on the day when i will got the remap in the same company. 

I meant

Went through exactly the same thought process before ordering the 105PS version.

The price difference was easily negated by the cost of the remap and several years of slightly higher insurance premiums, not to mention the potential ball-ache come service time if there are minor issues.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the 86ps tsi had a smaller turbo than the 105ps as the price of a new car is about £700 more for a 105ps engine correct me if i am wrong

I have today chopped in my Monte carlo TSI 105, for a Roomster on the special deal (9995 !)  Needed space for growing grankiddies and other carry reasons.  Went to a 86 engine.  Was a tad concerned but giving one a good run made me feel better.  Yes not quite as quick but still acceptable.  I asked at the service desk if there was any difference apart from the mapping and the guy said he 'thought' the turbo was smaller ?   You might be right on this.  My plan is to run it, and towards the end of 3 years see if it can be 'pepped' up, if needs be ! 

I believe both are mechanically the same, so map to 130bhp.

The 86 is a detuned 105.

So it's a bit cheeky of Skoda to charge about £700 more,is it not?

Edited by XK140

For someone who doesn't need 105bhp and needs only 86, the Škoda made the solution - about 800€ cheaper version with less horsepowers. :D

About remaping my monte, it might wait a little until the warranty expires, I have heard that the cylinder/engine head have some issues after remaping and they are not well made? I asked some local mechanics but I am not sure about that info.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So does anyone know the answer to this yet? (apologies for the thread revival)

1.2 TSI 86PS (CBZA) and 105PS (CBZB) differences. Purely software or are we talking hardware differences too?

Getting tempted by a 1.2TSI Monte Carlo but want to know if the 86PS will map to the same levels that a 105PS will....

So does anyone know the answer to this yet? (apologies for the thread revival)

1.2 TSI 86PS (CBZA) and 105PS (CBZB) differences. Purely software or are we talking hardware differences too?

Getting tempted by a 1.2TSI Monte Carlo but want to know if the 86PS will map to the same levels that a 105PS will....

The 86 will remap to the same as the 105. Around 130/140bhp.

Gearbox on the 105 has a 6th n i think the 86 is only a 5 speed?

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1