FL Orders log results

merseadog

My replacement lease car was ordered about 2 weeks ago, a Yeti outdoor Greenline Elegance. (I would love a 4x4 version but it doesn't make financial sense with car tax rules as they are, and in any event we have had the Co2 emissions on cars we can order capped at work this year, limiting it to the Greenline Yeti only). Still think this is the best option though out of a very long list of manufacturers and their cars as currently the lease cost of a Yeti is excellant value due to the very high secondhand value.

I am going from a leased 110bhp Yeti 2wd Elegance with no extras, to a substantially more expensive Greenline Elegance with numerous extras and the monthly lease cost is significantly less, and the company car tax is still about the same as the decrease in tax % due to lower emissions compensates for the higher list price.

Initial delivery date to dealer was advised as 26th June, but updated today that this has slipped to 8th July, then up to another 2 weeks to get the car ready for delivery and to me, so about 18 weeks from order to getting it?

Looks like delivery times are extending again?

Ordered our 1.2 Elegance with Origami alloys 13/2/2014

Been told today by D M Kieth's in Leeds that its being built this week and will be ready middle to end of April !!

Hope they are right cos i'm having to use my classic audi while i wait ..... :-(

Ordered 17th March:

Outdoor 2.0 TDi 170CR L&K 4x4 DSG

Jungle Green

Rough Road Package

Rear View Camera

Stainless Pedals

Upgraded Sound

MDI

Kessy

Rear mud flaps

Spare wheel

TPMS

Heated washer nozzles.

• Like 1

Ordered an Outdoor Elegance 170 on 29 January, build week 10, picking it up on Sat (29 March). So exactly 2 months from order to pick up. It's becoming a looong week!

• Like 1

Hi, got an email from my dealer today. Ordered Yeti on the 9/2 had no build date yet, the dealer is hopeful to get one in couple of weeks!!! He said it was due to week 22 model year change. So it looks like 5 months+ from order to delivery. I wounded what changes are going to be made? I'm getting to the stage of cancelling my order. I cannot fathom why such a long wait for a car.

Hi, got an email from my dealer today. Ordered Yeti on the 9/2 had no build date yet, the dealer is hopeful to get one in couple of weeks!!! He said it was due to week 22 model year change. So it looks like 5 months+ from order to delivery. I wounded what changes are going to be made? I'm getting to the stage of cancelling my order. I cannot fathom why such a long wait for a car.

My first Yeti took 7 months to come nearly 4 years ago, and many had to wait a lot longer than that, things are definately improving.

There are other cars available immediately from stock, but I would rather wait 5 months for the car I want, than put up with an inferior car for 4 years, particularly as I am driving one now and only changing it as the company car lease is expiring in July, when the new one is now due anyway.

Edited by kenfowler3966

My first Yeti took 7 months to come nearly 4 years ago, and many had to wait a lot longer than that, things are definately improving.

There are other cars available immediately from stock, but I would rather wait 5 months for the car I want, than put up with an inferior car for 4 years, particularly as I am driving one now and only changing it as the company car lease is expiring in July, when the new one is now due anyway.

I totally understand what you are saying, but I just think waiting times are ridiculous for a mass produced car.

Facelift Outdoor L&K 140PS DSG in Jungle Green plus a few extras ordered on 10th January, picked up 29th March, so 11 weeks by my arithmetic.

Very impressed so far. :sun:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that mine's in the UK now as well and I'm hoping to collect it 11th April (ordered 19th Jan).

For those of you still waiting for a build week, I was told that cars built after wk 14 now have Annapurnas as standard wheels not Erebus, as was standard when I ordered mine. Which is a pity cos I would've preferred APs but there was nothing left in the piggy bank to buy them as an optional extra. Mind you, I would've been a tad miffed if I'd paid extra for them if they come foc a week after mine was built.

Anyway, a dealer told me about that, so make of it what you will......

I wouldn't hold your breath on a three month order to handover time frame. Motability will just extend your lease time until the new car comes anyway, it's not a problem. My Roomster took 6 months from order to delivery, and it wasn't the car I ordered, it was a different colour (that's a very long story). I ordered mine on the 17th Feb, let's have a race/sweepstake on delivery day :rofl:

Edited by P6bJOHN

I ordered a Metal Grey 2.0CTDi 110 SE 4x4 Outdoor on 24th Feb and was given an inital date of week 20, then 2 weeks ago my dealer rang to say it's on the week 15 which is today (Week 15) So I am hoping that it's on the production line now.

I was told that cars built after wk 14 now have Annapurnas as standard wheels not Erebus, as was standard when I ordered mine. Which is a pity cos I would've preferred APs but there was nothing left in the piggy bank to buy them as an optional extra. Mind you, I would've been a tad miffed if I'd paid extra for them if they come foc a week after mine was built.

Anyway, a dealer told me about that, so make of it what you will......

Spotted that in the configurator the other day - another £35 compared with price I paid. Happy with Erebus.

Order went through on February 16th, no build date yet - "official" handover date is meant to be May 16 (motability), doesn't look promising.

I just don't understand how this is possible, for what should be a set process. I ordered on 15th Feb and mine has been built, with dealer updates all the way.

Ordered 15th March

Outdoor - 4x4 -1.8 Petrol L&K.

Muscavado Metallic

KESSY

Spare Wheel

Provisional build = WK 16 ( w/c 14/4)

Build just confirmed as WK16   :rock:

Think that's the first FL 1.8TSI I've seen ordered!

Will end up being a rare breed at this rate.

That MUST be why it is coming through so quickly .  :thumbup:

So it will be 'the only 1.8TSI in the village' & will hold its value because of its rarity. :clap:

They'll be so shocked that they'll rush it through in celebration :D

Strange it's only in L&K trim now, another odd SUK decision I'll wager!

They'll be so shocked that they'll rush it through in celebration :D

Strange it's only in L&K trim now, another odd SUK decision I'll wager!

OOOH ! Wonder if SWMBO will get a cuddly toy Yeti for being the only 1,8  ;)

I ordered a Metal Grey 2.0CTDi 110 SE 4x4 Outdoor on 24th Feb and was given an inital date of week 20, then 2 weeks ago my dealer rang to say it's on the week 15 which is today (Week 15) So I am hoping that it's on the production line now.

She is now on a Train to Emden docks for shipping to UK this weekend.She was built on the 7th April, so not bad wait. Built 6 weeks exactly from placing order. I don't know if anything made it go quicker or not to the production line as it was  a 2.0CDTi 110 SE Outdoor 4x4 with "off-road" button in Metal Grey.

Sure is a damn site quicker than a front door I order for our house at the same time. Door still has not arrived at the Door/Window company and I was promised a lead time of 3 weeks...

Edited by Zeanie