The only car that will tempt me out of a Yeti

And finally you can now get a Scout with a decent huge sunroof.  The postage stamp the previous Scout had was what always put me off getting one.  Though in saying that sadly the front edge of the sunroof is BEHIND your forehead so it is really just to bathe the car in sunlight (and for rear seat passengers).  See this post in reply to post #1554 above it (and read from #1550) for images of this.

I just hope the basic spec for this Scout is better than the pathetic spec you get on the Elegance Octy. Hell to more or less match my Yeti I need to add near £6,000 of OPTIONS! Great for resale value that as you hardly get any of that money back - or not to the same level of resale value as you would for the car itself.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Johann, this is now becoming a problem with the Skoda range, they are starting to price themselves out of the market. Looks a great car, but as you say the extras needed to get near to the specification of my L & K Octy. would probably put this car in the £30k plus bracket. Sadly it looks like I wont be going down the 4 x 4 route when I replace my almost seven year old.

Isn't that Denim blue in your photos Johann?

( I'm still a bit touchy about Shark blue,since Skoda deleted it from my new FL order.) :(

AH ok...  looked like Shark to me.  Whatever it is, it is too bright for a Scout in my book.

Unfortunately Johann, this is now becoming a problem with the Skoda range, they are starting to price themselves out of the market. Looks a great car, but as you say the extras needed to get near to the specification of my L & K Octy. would probably put this car in the £30k plus bracket. Sadly it looks like I wont be going down the 4 x 4 route when I replace my almost seven year old.

Yup...  just a standard 4x4 Octy Elegance Estate to more or less my Yeti spec is over £32,000...  so add the Scout premium to that...  Silly.  You can get some serious metal from BMW, Audi et al for that sort of money.

You do know a vRS estate doesn't look like a taxi, don't you??  :wait:

That's very true...  So I should have said "the Scout being the only other Octy that does not look like a taxi, apart from the vRS"   :giggle:

Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Might have been tempted by a Mk3, had it not increased in size. Not really sure why they felt the need, but there we go. Especially with the other half needing to drive it :o

• Like 2

Octy 3 section reckons that it will also get loaded with the 184 lump, so it will shift and stick to the road like the proverbial to a blanket!!

Denim blue is definitely not to my taste on that size car, metal grey should like nice as well.

Just seen that it's the German side of proceedings, so not a guarantee on the 184.

Edited by Preston_Motors

Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Might have been tempted by a Mk3, had it not increased in size. Not really sure why they felt the need, but there we go. Especially with the other half needing to drive it :o

Reason for the increase in size is the new Rapid below and the next Superb either growing a lot in size as well or becoming an SUV. Hence the Octy had to grow. In stature but alas even more alarmingly so in terms of price.

Lee a 184hp version would be nice but if a humble 150 in top spec is going to be circa £34,000 image the cost of that! Silly. Just silly.

• Like 1

Oh I understand their logic. It's just that the current Octy and Superb are just fine in terms of interior and load space. I wouldn't expect a lot of comments to come from focus groups around needing more space!

And there's still a worrying gap between the Rapid and Octavia. An engine choice and a performance gap.

Anyone know if the Rapide Spaceback is going to get 4 wheel drive.My dealer had no idea when I got more car serviced a couple of weeks back.

Very very doubtfu, as 4x4 reserved for Octy and Yeti.

And why would Skoda want to introduce AWD on it anyway?

Just thinking with Audi offering so many quattro versions VAg might decide to roll it across the range a bit more.Oh and I dont think the larger Octy will fit my garage setup so I'd quite like it.

Just thinking with Audi offering so many quattro versions VAg might decide to roll it across the range a bit more.Oh and I dont think the larger Octy will fit my garage setup so I'd quite like it.

But then they wouldn't sell as many Audis. And Audis tend to cost more than Skodas :)

It's the same logic that dictates there isn't a 4WD vRS offered.

• Like 1

Ok, I know I've said it before but why would you buy an Octavia scout for £30k + when you can buy an audi a4 allroad new for £27k and btw that's not poverty speck.........

You wouldn't.

Although I can't believe the VAG would allow that to happen (price difference), as Skodas would always have to be cheaper than an Audi or VW equivalent.

With DtD not offering Skoda cars at present, it's quite difficult to get a true discounted price on the Octavia's (or any other Skoda), but having said that, I can't imagine anyone paying £34K for an Octavia Scout, when an A4 Allroad is available for £26K and an A6 Allroad (base spec) can be had for £33.7K.

My guess is the 184 Scouts will be available for about £26K-£27K max for a reasonable spec, any more then you'd switch to a Passat Alltrack (currently available for £23K) or new A4 Allroad.

Having said all of that, the Scout does look good!

Didn't like the interior quality of the mk3 or the fact that they couldn't be bothered to change some things for the UK market - bonnet release etc, so, as well as the price hike, the size hike and the issues above, I won't be bothering with another one unless it comes at the right price. And that's a shame, because I've now had four and I like them.