Stupid offers

This is not an advert.

Fed up of my Fabia sale. I keep getting silly offers such as 1500 quid for my 05 vrs with 117k on the clock... have they suddenly dropped in value or something because I haven't even had a view yet and its been on ebay and gtree for nearly two weeks...Fed up!

Same here bud, mines 05 with 92 k, 2500 had it at 3200, I think it's the young ones did,nt look sideways at them a few years ago, I've mine 7 years, there's that much crap out there over priced by youngster who abuse them and don't look after them, then I go to sell mine as bought a black 1 with leather sat nav etc, it won't sell, this car has been serviced more than my misses service me lol, I'm not to worried as I know it's a good one and a future classic, but theirs that much crap turning up these last few years, it's affecting the price of the good well looked after 1,s, if u can afford to keep it, do, I cud do with the cash myself but il keep it b4 I more less give it away to sum 21 year old, great cars, just more for sale now worth nothing, hold out bud, if she's good 1 you will get sum1 who no wat they r about n you,l get ur money, good luck

Edited by mickvrs
  • Like 3

If it's the one im thinking of it seems competitively priced :)

Im sure youll get near to or what your after. Im currently in the market for a vrs and (if it is yours) is soooo close to me :D shame I'm ideally after another colour :(

Im sure someone will see through the mileage snobbery soon :)

I've a red one for sale and live in n.ireland, I'm 4 keeping the black one, very rare extras, more than an se, upgraded maxi dash, sat nav, leather installed by skoda with 20 k on it, only 80 k now, like a new car, my red 1 has never needed oil between service, or water, I service every 3 to 4 k, keeps the turbo right, still pulls like new, thats wats it all about, looking after it, just had new interior 2 months ago, the 7 years was showing with 2 boys and without them it's hard to stay on top of

Edited by mickvrs

I've a red one for sale and live in n.ireland, I'm 4 keeping the black one, very rare extras, more than an se, upgraded maxi dash, sat nav, leather installed by skoda with 20 k on it, only 80 k now, like a new car, my red 1 has never needed oil between service, or water, I service every 3 to 4 k, keeps the turbo right, still pulls like new, thats wats it all about, looking after it, just had new interior 2 months ago, the 7 years was showing with 2 boys and without them it's hard to stay on top of

You have much interest in them Mick? I was considering sending mine up the road recently, but really wasnt sure how to price it, and now i'm going to hold onto it for a bit longer! :) 

You find that when trying to sell most things not just cars, people want a bargain these days and they know it's a buyers market out there. They will be hoping you are desperate for a sale/cash so would be tempted by it. I always put on my listings that silly offers will be ignored... but that doesn't seem so stop some people.

I find eBay to be a bit rubbish for cars tbh, Autotrader is better (yes ok you have to pay a fair bit more to advertise) but you get a lot more genuine interest off there I found. GLWTS! Sure someone will come along soon just have to hold out.

It's the same with everything. My brother in law advertised his s1 rs turbo and had people offering a grand for it!! There's some dreamers out there that will always try it on, sure they only do it as a wind up

Prices of selling/ buying a Fabia VRS MK1 compared to a mini cooper car, is total poop.

How on earth the mini holds it's price must be down to it's popularity ??

Am I biased...........yep...LOL

Unfortunately we live in a world of people who go for style over function (eg iPhone sheep)... And the Fabia lacks anything near the pzazz of say, an Audi A3. The low rent interior puts alot of people off, but so does 100k + milers for some odd reason. You have to work very hard at selling a car with over 100k, make it REALLY stand out, especially a Fabia with a rather shrinking market at times. I predict that will change a bit, because I feel the VRS is an absolute steal of a car, and very under-rated. The wider market misses out on a pretty well sorted vehicle. I bought my 56 reg with 95k, leather and cruise with full history for 3k...bargain!

Mini's have the build quality of a chocolate teapot, especially the early ones with the 60k miles failing gearbox up to 05 reg. Cute, but sh#t. My Golf GT Tdi 130 (180 remap) had 172k miles, due a belt change but still sold it for 2k last year.I ran my polisher over it,Bissell cleaned the interior, changed to sweeter Bora clocks, it wore good tyres and 18" Team Dynamics Imolas.

Make your car stand out... It will sell :-)

Edited by fabialousvrs
  • Like 1

I'm always watching Fabias for a good deal on eBay - some sit there for months that seem competitively priced.

I think unless it's a bargain, it will always take time. Prices definitely don't seem to have collapsed even in the high milers!

It's because the vag group don't make a fabia/polo sized car that offers that much value for money and looks good.

Ok you could argue that a remapped Monte Carlo could do it? Personally I got fed up with the fact it had no six speed box!