Those L&K Silver Mirror Covers....

aerofurb

I like TIBET III's brown seats - that's a fact and not open for discussion. What I really couldn't get to like were the flat silver door mirror covers. Okay, the colour matches the faux sump/rear valance guards but only people that have first passed under the Yeti are likely to notice the connection. Body colour I could cope with but not that flat silver.

Last week I noticed on the Siperskoda website that you can now get OEM Skoda Yeti Monte Carlo mirror covers in black (actually Black Magic, ie metallic black but it's a very fine metallic and a really deep gloss):

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-original-Skoda-full-replacement-mirror-covers-MONTE-CARLO    (edit: link corrected)

Subjective opinion time but I think the black works well with the black A, C and D pillars:

wgkExO.jpg

nWxGLn.jpg

GiuUlH.jpg

7u1NmW.jpg

DLwUwB.jpg

And in standard fit for comparison:

ih8n.jpg

oj3r.jpg

• Like 3

Agree with aerofurb about the silver covers, that was part of the deal on my FL that the covers were sprayed to match the rest, but the musky paint was on back order for a long time. But Fred happened to trade in his musky Yeti for a FL, so my musky Yeti is now wearing Freds mirror covers :D.

The black on yours fits in well with the colour and the black trims  :thumbup: .

I have the silver mirror covers on mine and I'm pleased with them against the candy white paint, but on yours, I agree the black looks better.

I would also agree that the roof bars should also be black. I have the plain black ones on mine and would be up for a swap if you're interested?

Black mirror covers?  Definitely :clap:

Silver roof rails?  Definite no-no.  Breaks the rail visually into its component parts, upsets the clear alternative 'either body colour or black', just as the silver mirror covers do :'( .  JMO  

I agree that black looks better on some colours but I wonder how difficult it ti remove the silver and replace with the superskoda black or do they fit over,anybody tried the removal to replace with the black superskoda I wonder.?

I agree that black looks better on some colours but I wonder how difficult it ti remove the silver and replace with the superskoda black or do they fit over,anybody tried the removal to replace with the black superskoda I wonder.?

Eh, look at the pictures at the start of this topic

Thanks for the comments.

So, on the unofficial poll, looks like the black covers get the vote (I think 'silver1011' may biased with such a nom de plume...!). If they had been a silver that matched the roof rails or even the side rubbing strip bright work they wouldn't be so bad but that flat silver....

The covers came in OEM Skoda packaging and cocooned in cotton bags - with instructions. Two clips to flick undone with a screwdriver and rotate the covers off.

PS 137699 - standby for a PM....

• Like 3

To me the one thing that jars on the white yeti is the silver roof rails which look odd with the black trim elsewhere.

Out here the base model white with black rails looked better than the top-of-the-range versions with silver......at least to me.

To me the one thing that jars on the white yeti is the silver roof rails which look odd with the black trim elsewhere.

Out here the base model white with black rails looked better than the top-of-the-range versions with silver......at least to me.

Hmmm...Someone agrees with my #10, then

Much more limited choice in Oz due to low numbers sold and now the FL base model in white, to me, doesn't look anywhere near as good as the old one with nearly all the black bits painted white.......lost its character for me.....just another fridge.

I've done many a post on here urging people to get gloss black mirror caps.  The matt silver ones look really naff in my view - like Škoda is trying to ape the Audi RS look which also have silver mirror caps. The black ones look great!

Since your link doesn't work here it is:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-original-Skoda-full-replacement-mirror-covers-MONTE-CARLO

€60 is also a lot cheaper than the £75 I saw quoted to have your current mirrors vinyl wrapped - and will last better too than a wrap.

• Like 2

Just a note to anyone wanting to do this...  Superskoda emailed me to say from today up to the first of September they have 20% off everything in store...

So mirror caps ordered for the total sum of £54 including delivery!  :happy:

Just a note to anyone wanting to do this...  Superskoda emailed me to say from today up to the first of September they have 20% off everything in store...

So mirror caps ordered for the total sum of £54 including delivery!   :happy:

Just ordered some today and got my 20% off. Ordered at 9am this morning and just got an email to say they have been dispatched. They are to go with my outdoor Corrida red yeti elegance when I get it on 30th September. Its being built this week