Top VCDS mods?

Gyp

Chap at work with VCDS has offered to tweak my coding today, as I quite fancy the big speedo (practicality) and instrument sweep (no practical use but I like it).

As this isn't a service I can call on regularly (and I don't want to take the mickey by calling him up to do tweaks) is there anything else that I really should be considering doing if I treat this as a one shot deal?

I know everyone's idea of what they want is different, but I don't want to come on tonight saying "big speedo and wavy needles, yay!" and have everyone go "why didn't you have your left handed froggle grommet camber shims tweaked at the same time, it's a real no brainer..?"

• Like 3

For all you electric chair owners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXMuLknZ-g&hd=1

And how to do it:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_%281K%29_Seat_Memory_%28Driver%29

I'm lovin' it! I've attached a txt-file that contains rest of the mods I'm using at the moment.

yeti_coding.txt

Edited by headman78

The only thing I had done was to turn on the cornering "fog" lights.

If you have HID's it is apparently worth having the fogs coded for the headlight flash instead of the HID's. Also as "coming home lights"

Some have "upped" the brake assistance.

Some have coded the rear lights to come on with the DRL's, but I can't see the point.

Apparently you can alter the fuel consumption/fuel flow parameter to 105, which "might" make the Maxidot reading a bit more accurate.

Speedo readings cannot be altered.

Thanks all

Bluetooth left as it is

Big speedo on (now know that this removes the change gear suggestions also)

Seatbelt alarm turned off

Staging on

Tried to to the cruise control speed display but no luck :-(

Didn't on mine.

Hang on. It is working on mine too. It just send slightly less keen to tell me to select the wrong gear at the wrong time.

I'm sure it's no different, it must just be a perception thing.

Is there a particular speed required to do hill hold?

Give me a shout if you want to know anything about the requirements or operation of the Hill Hold Control.... Don't want to upset your fellow Yeti owners by intruding in your forum... ;)

• Like 4

lol

I'll leave it to them to explain to the OP about which ABS pump he needs to have fitted to enable the two mods to his car I'm obviously not worthy enough to help in such matters. ;)

• Like 2

Apologies for the (too) late response!

It does seem a bit hit and miss as to what VCDS coding items work and what do not (at least to a VCDS newbie....).

On TIBET III (MY2014 FL CR170 Outdoor L&K - in Tibetan Bronze in case that matters) the following work:

1. Instrument staging (now termed 'indicator celebration') - didn't take until I ticked the box whilst the engine was running.

2. Rear window wiper teardrop wipe

3. Coming home lights changed from head lights to fog lights 

4. Passenger door mirror lowering when reverse engaged (code okay but then remember to tick the 'mirror down' option that appears on the Maxidot. Also requires that the mirror selector is set to 'L' and back to '0' for it to return) 

5. Brake assist set to 'high' from 'average'

Things that I haven't got to work although others say they have:

1. Cruise control speed display

2. Switching back on oil temp display on the Maxidot which disappeared when the service regime was reset from variable to fixed (by the dealer to reflect the regime it is on) 

Note: Certainly on a FL, VCDS cannot be used to switch on the tail lights as DRLs (and I can see the point in doing this....). Dealers can do it though with their 'Super VCDS'!

PS Now how about a bit of civility to others?

• Like 3

Oh sorry for breathing!!!!

And at least spell 'PERB right..... There was no B in the middle last time I checked the back of the car.

And for assistance of the other people who may be interested the two mods I mentioned ARE actually available on the Yeti.

Sorry, but in the past people have suggested VCDS mods from different models that have NOT been transferable to the Yeti.  

And when I enquired Hill Hold could NOT be added to my car, and I think others have found it was not possible, without mechanical changes to the car. 

The OP asked for VCDS changes, NOT mechanical ones.

Sorry, but in the past people have suggested VCDS mods from different models that have NOT been transferable to the Yeti.  

And when I enquired Hill Hold could NOT be added to my car, and I think others have found it was not possible, without mechanical changes to the car. 

The OP asked for VCDS changes, NOT mechanical ones.

As i mentioned before it all depends on which ABS pump is fitted to your car from new (Found via VCDS) I never mentioned anything about mechanical changes etc..... did I??? Anyway depending on which you have means that both HHC and XDS are available or just one of them or neither. I know for a fact a dealer would have told me XDS wasn't possible on my car as it's not an option etc.... ;)

They have pretty much standardised the ABS pumps now so anything newer than around 2010 is usually good for both. But, as i'm sure you're aware anyway, all this info is available on other parts of the forum where you don't get your head bitten off for trying to help other members.... Maybe you should take a look yourself at the list of ABS part numbers that is on here so as to confirm what your car is capable of.. Hopefully you'll meet with a more civil manner from the members in that section of the forum. I know for a fact a dealer would have told me XDS wasn't possible on my car as it's not an option etc.... ;)

• Like 3

I have a 2010 car and someone with VCDS tried to do it, and I was told by them it was not possible.

Others here have also attempted it and found it could not be done.

Therefore I have reported what I have been told.

So because your car doesn't support it that means no other yeti does??? Strange as it is an option offered by Skoda UK and the following post from your own superior section of the forum says so too....... Maybe in the Yeti the ABS pump required was only fitted as standard after 2010????

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/256897-wtf-is-abs-edl-asr-hhc-etc/

Still no excuse for an obnoxious and rude a response as you originally came back with.

• Like 2