Yeti Monte Carlo

IainM1970

Almost a year after trading my beloved 170 Yeti Elegance for a Tiguan 177 R Line it is fair to say I regret the decision!

The reason for change was a heavier caravan.

Now realise a 170 DSG Yeti would just be heavy enough to handle the 'van.

Going for a test drive in an Octavia Scout tomorrow, looks great on paper, but expensive.  My heart really lies with the Yeti!

The Monte Carlo looks great ( to me anyway) as it echoes my old Yeti which had the wheels, mirror caps and grill sprayed black by my dealer prior to collection.

However the Monte spec is a fair way below the Elegance that I had.

Anyway .... anyone bought a Monte?  Thoughts?

Not heard of anyone with a Monte Carlo on here. Its strange that the Monte Carlo 4x4 is based on the Yeti Indoor, which is normally 2 wheel drive and lower than the Yeti Outdoor.

Not heard of anyone with a Monte Carlo on here. Its strange that the Monte Carlo 4x4 is based on the Yeti Indoor, which is normally 2 wheel drive and lower than the Yeti Outdoor.

I thought all Yeti's, original and FL, had the same ground clearance apart from the Greenline which is lower for fuel efficiency.

Sorry, having checked current info you are correct both indoor and outdoor appear to have same ground clearance, must have been Skoda UK getting info wrong ( surprise surprise) as at launch of Facelift they quoted all city versions being 20mm lower than Outdoor.

Im not the only one,The Plumber, must have seen the same info, see post #21 here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296286-lowered-suspension-on-greenline-12tsi/

The Greenline is supposed to be 25mm lower, but I was led to believe its the tyres / wheels that make it lower not the suspension. ??

Edited by Carlo diesel

Two inputs on this one; check you are happy with the offset foot pedals and hard bolstered seats in the Octy III; found after a few months these were giving me health problems and I had to get rid and a Yeti Monte Carlo, since when have Skoda rallied a Yeti (support vehicle maybe). Should have left the MC tag with the Fabia.

TP

I thought all Yeti's, original and FL, had the same ground clearance apart from the Greenline which is lower for fuel efficiency.

So did I but on a visit to the dealer yesterday, a white Monte Carlo looked appreciably lower than a normal Yeti... to the point where the sales guy said they were lowered..? ( that however might have just been amicable BS) .... It might be that the undersill body kit makes it look lower to the ground..... but having cleaned tops of Yetis, that one looked far more 'reachable'...

Funky seats...

I had a look at a red Monte Carlo on Friday it was being prepped for the showroom, very nice, you can't put the standard front mud flaps on as the additional sills are of different design, 

But does not come up to my Elegance spec I have the spec of MC with me, you get nice bucket seats,stainless steel pedals, door seal trims, MC floor mats, MC instrument cluster, DLR lights, 

decorative carbon black inserts, 17" 'Origami' alloys in black, SS exhaust trims, Bi-xenon with cornering headlights, MC badge on the side, black roof and door mirrors and black front grill.

Price 2.0 TDI 170PS 4x4 DPF  CO2 149    OTR £24,390.00.                (Elegance 170  £24,640.00 outdoor)

2.0 TDI 170PS 4xe  DSG DPF  CO2 164   OTR £25,450.00.        (Elegance 170  £25,740.00 outdoor)

Oh and LED lights,

I think I will get another Elegance.     The MC does look a great vehicle, the additional sills makes it look lower,  but i like the Elegance spec.

The MC does look a great vehicle, the additional sills makes it look lower,  but i like the Elegance spec.

You hit the nail on the head: it is just those extra (tacky) sills that make the Monte look lower. 

skye20_5314d2120518c.jpg

• Like 2

Almost a year after trading my beloved 170 Yeti Elegance for a Tiguan 177 R Line it is fair to say I regret the decision!

May I ask, what's wrong with Tiguan?  :think: Just curious.

Compared to the Yeti it is not as fast, not as flexible in 6th gear (both solo and towing) and not as characterful.

Had a poor dealer experience and the factory fit towbar sits too close to the bumper.

I'm surprised the Tiguan has a better towing capacity than the Yeti in the first place (I assume that's why you changed originally?). Without looking it up I would have guessed they would be about the same.

Cheers

Rog

Re Lower & Ground Clearance etc.

Ground clearance can be less  say with a Greenline on other Skoda Models,

Different Profile tyres & underbody Panels, or Protection.

If considering is one vehicle is actually Lower, check the Roof Height, or Height including Roof Bars.

If the official manufacturers measurements show a car is 20 mm lower roof hight. but the ground clearance is 35 mm less,

then you might consider that there are other reasons the clearance being reduced, 

Sump Guard / protection say or Economy under panels.

Not saying this is the case with the Yeti, but i know it is on other Skoda or VW Models.

Then again the Factory Figures can be all wrong and from Early Models and not actually what the vehicle 

is.  

Sitting 2 different versions of a car side by side often shows the Skoda Roof Heights to be no different.

george