Which seats? Heated recaros, s3 heated recaros or the other GTI ones?

I currently have GT tdi seats from a 52 plate golf so they have the squarer bolster edges, airbags and lumbar adjustment, in cloth. I am looking to change to heated leathers but not sure which would be the best option. If anyone has experience of all three it would very helpful and no, I do not want r32's as they are not so good on a long trek.

same style as I have currently in cloth

$_86.JPG

Recaros from a bora/golf

$_86.JPG

Or S3 Recaros

$_86.JPG

I know the square edge ones are comfy as I already have them but if the golf/bora recaros are better then I would get them, S3's would have to be really good as I am not so keen on the look but looks aren't everything :D 

My first interior change was to a Leon Cupra electric leather set, better and more supportive than the OE stuff, but sat too high for me because of the motors underneath.

The second change was to a set of leather Mk4 Golf Recaro`s, even more supportive, no electric adjustment, so sat lower, so much better for me. Job done as far as I`m concerned :thumbup: (although, still not connected the heating)

20140330_180234.jpg

Edited by VeedubyaGTi
  • Like 1

Another question relating to electric/heated seats, is the loom already there just needing switches in the dash? Also as my alternator pulley is dying and the skip has now done 165k is it better to replace it with a 120amp one or will the 90 amp suffice?

I go cloth gti seats now and love them

Leather gives me a sweaty ass crack

Like wise just fitted Golf GTi cloth recaro's in mine and what a improvement over the std VRS seats. In terms of holding you in better. Comfort and support. Shame as I liked the VRS seats but they just are not up to holding you in well enough..

The GT TDi ones I have are a major upgrade vs the Elegance ones but I really like heated leather seats having driven SWMBO's Lexus, especially going into the winter.

Recaro leather in mine, massive improvement over the standard VRS seats, not bothered wiring up the heated bit, from what i remember the loom is there but slightly different, there was a thread on this but cant find it at the moment

Hi,

just joined the forum having bought on impulse a 1 owner '54 plate Elegance estate 1.9tdi 130 6spd that has done 100k. Trying to convince the Missus that we should keep the Octy and sell our Allroad 2.5tdi  which uses TWICE the fuel but she not impressed with lack of leather !

Having seen from this thread what can be done I want to ask how easy is it to re-connect the airbag sensors when switching seats and are the rear seats from Golf GTi, R32, S3, etc. also compatible and an easy conversion ?

Thanks

Another question relating to electric/heated seats, is the loom already there just needing switches in the dash? Also as my alternator pulley is dying and the skip has now done 165k is it better to replace it with a 120amp one or will the 90 amp suffice?

90amp will suffice

120amp or more is always helpful though

Hi,

just joined the forum having bought on impulse a 1 owner '54 plate Elegance estate 1.9tdi 130 6spd that has done 100k. Trying to convince the Missus that we should keep the Octy and sell our Allroad 2.5tdi  which uses TWICE the fuel but she not impressed with lack of leather !

Having seen from this thread what can be done I want to ask how easy is it to re-connect the airbag sensors when switching seats and are the rear seats from Golf GTi, R32, S3, etc. also compatible and an easy conversion ?

Thanks

The four different VAG brands tend to use different airbag connector plugs

Same wiring configuration though

You can cut the plugs off your exisitng seats and swap over