Special edition? I'm not convinced.

The windows in the SE are the same as the petrol sports. They have 20% tint and as said, it's listed as sunset glass. It doesn't affect driving at night either.

They have 20% transmission, or an 80% tint.

You are allowed a front tint of 25% ie. 75% transmission and it's much darker than that.

VAG only do two types of dark tinted glass. 20% transmission and 35% transmission. The part number for a rear screen for the car with the registration number listed in the original post comes up as 20% transmission.

Everywhere is a RHD market, servicemen stationed in Germany regularly buy RHD cars from German, Belgian or French dealers, you can order one anywhere.

You can indeed order one anywhere, but Malta and Gibraltar are markets where RHD is standard, not a special order.

I had been to see this just before Christmas and it was only after putting a deposit on it we realised something wasn't quite right so rang the next day and got deposit refunded and they brought down the advert from both their website and auto trader, defo something really dodgy!! 

Condition of the car was very good paintwork was fine and it drove ok but was obviously missing a few components leather seats, privacy glass. When my partner rang identifying these problems the garage seemed well aware and said it won't bother everyone, someone will buy it.

Niki 

• Like 1

Some poor sod will probably buy it without realising what's missing. 

The asking price is a laugh, no way is it worth £5k without all the SE goodies. Plenty of nice non-SE vRS's on 56/07 registrations to choose from with a similar mileage for around the £4000 mark. 

Glad you noticed, Niki. So the garage do know they've got an SE that isn't quite an SE. Oops.

I also don't think it had the cruise control (could be wrong tho!) when I went on the test drive I mentioned finally having cruise woo hoo and my other half said I don't think it has it , why ruin such a nice car? And also why still try to sell at a high end price which is not what it is. I'm so glad I got out of this one, was ready for a fight if required, just feel for the poor sod who's gonna pay over the odds for it not realising and then won't be able to sell.

Personally when I was first looking for a vrs I wasn't looking at SE's as they were just above my budget and at the time I thought I'd prefer the cloth seats, problem being I loved the colour and then when backing out of this one my other half had a task on his hands to find me a proper SE! Now I'm happier with the leather and all the other bits that my SE has!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, recently joined this forum and came across this thread as a friend who is already a member highlighted it to me, does anybody know the registration plate for the car that was in that first link?!

I've recently bought an SE, without the leather and which had previously had its rear window replaced (I was aware with all this and comfortable with the price) - just wondering if its my car that this thread is on about!

Cheers in advance.

Ah, it is my car then! (V.good memory might I add!)

Just in case anybody else is still intrigued, I was also skeptical of this car due to the lack of 'special edition' features...

When I went to view the car I checked for any reasons why it was missing such vital parts I.e leather seats & tinted rear window.

amongst the receipts I found one that shows the rear window had been replaced... Presumably chipped/damaged in someway, and after further investigation, found that he (the previous owner) had indeed traded out the leather for the cloth seats.

Admittedly I feel this has ruined the SE appeal, however seeing as I'm 20 and working only part time alongside studies, the fact I was able to wiggle his price down almost over a grand because of these 'defects' we shall call them... Is something that held great appeal!

Love the car, and love the colour, both of which I was able to afford - with the compromise of a bit of leather and a clearer rear window!

(Also of note, I contacted the skoda main customer services and asked for a chassis number, everything matches up, so there is no doubt in my mind that this is an SE... It's just not got the SE stuff anymore!!!!)

Ah, it is my car then! (V.good memory might I add!)

Just in case anybody else is still intrigued, I was also skeptical of this car due to the lack of 'special edition' features...

When I went to view the car I checked for any reasons why it was missing such vital parts I.e leather seats & tinted rear window.

amongst the receipts I found one that shows the rear window had been replaced... Presumably chipped/damaged in someway, and after further investigation, found that he (the previous owner) had indeed traded out the leather for the cloth seats.

Admittedly I feel this has ruined the SE appeal, however seeing as I'm 20 and working only part time alongside studies, the fact I was able to wiggle his price down almost over a grand because of these 'defects' we shall call them... Is something that held great appeal!

Love the car, and love the colour, both of which I was able to afford - with the compromise of a bit of leather and a clearer rear window!

(Also of note, I contacted the skoda main customer services and asked for a chassis number, everything matches up, so there is no doubt in my mind that this is an SE... It's just not got the SE stuff anymore!!!!)

Thanks for coming on here and clearing that up for us all.

Guest BigJase88

With the £1000 you got knocked off tint the windows and get a leather retrim from seat surgeons!

Sorted

With the £1000 you got knocked off tint the windows and get a leather retrim from seat surgeons!

Sorted

And sunset glass for the rear window.

Would look a bit unusual with sunset glass on the side rears but not tailgate maybe?

I agree though, with SEs falling to around the £5k mark, getting a Race Blue mk1 Fabia on an 07 plate is decent around £4k, even if it's lost it's leather and numbers.

I'm assuming that's what was paid, as otherwise there are cars around intact for the same money.

I know Mr Hornsey well (I'm his lecturer!!) and have seen his new car. Definitely an SE that's for sure!

Seems a nice car. Shame about the leather.

Saying that... I had factory leather in mine and actually find the standard cloth seats superior in terms of comfort!

Get your windows tinted now... the lack of leather won't be as apparent then ;)

Hiya!

Glad you got a decent price on this, I went to view & test drive it around Christmas and actually put a deposit on it. Was gutted when we got home and did a bit of research so rang up for my deposit back. The guy there wouldn't budge on price at all so I took the decision to walk away. Really happy with my SE which I got a week later.

Have fun!

Niki

• 2 weeks later...