new feature, simply clever ;)

Trust2k, thanks for sharing. :)

I was curious and made just the coding with VCDS. I did not connect any camera.

I have MY2014 O3 + Amundsen + (only) rear parking sensors.

The screen of my park assist changed after coding.

Now I have a split screen. "Old" assist on the left in smaller size + a blank screen (camera?) on the right.

I can change between camera/assist + I have the contollers for brightness, etc. So I think "it's working".

I have no error codes in the ECU (verified).

Q1) Does it all mean that I can retrofit any (cheap) reversing camera (for example a wireless one)? And all I have to do is connect the video output to pins 6 & 12?

Q2) (Maybe a stupid one) The guide lines come from the camera? Now I have only a blank screen.

Trust2k, thanks for sharing. :)

I was curious and made just the coding with VCDS. I did not connect any camera.

I have MY2014 O3 + Amundsen + (only) rear parking sensors.

The screen of my park assist changed after coding.

Now I have a split screen. "Old" assist on the left in smaller size + a blank screen (camera?) on the right.

I can change between camera/assist + I have the contollers for brightness, etc. So I think "it's working".

I have no error codes in the ECU (verified).

Q1) Does it all mean that I can retrofit any (cheap) reversing camera (for example a wireless one)? And all I have to do is connect the video output to pins 6 & 12?

Q2) (Maybe a stupid one) The guide lines come from the camera? Now I have only a blank screen.

amundsen.jpg

Guys I have to warn you: I have seen many posts from trust2k on German forums: the guy is, with the utmost respect, admiration and much jealousy, a petrol-head modding geek. :clap:  and very brave, I wouldn't saw into my brand new car.

Trust2k, has you camera setup any advantage over the optional one from Skoda? I know you added it afterwards as the camera was made available in Germany a lot later than in other countries.

Mate thanks for the compliment   :notme: 

The only difference is that the OEM camera gets the switching voltage from the BCM .
In my version, the camera gets the voltage from terminal 15 on the rear wiper .

@aki78

Q1= yes you can install any camera with a Composite Signal (FBAS) to Pin 6 & 12

Maybe you must update the Amundsen for a transparent PDC Screen on the right side, that the same problem with the Columbus < SW0292.

Q2= the guidance lines are integrated in the camera.

But important !! The Infotainment System must be integrated the Handfree-Modul! 

You can coding the 5F, but you have no Video In port without a Handsfree Modul.

Edited by Trust2k

What is a "transparent PCD Screen update"?

I have the multi-function steering wheel with phone control button. So I have the "Hadnsfree modul"?

I have checked my version numbers by holding down the setup button. Please check my pictures.

http://postimg.org/gallery/26sa8jng/

Thanks for your help I am new to theese things... :notme:

The difference you see in the image at the old software version of the rear base of the park distance control is black and transparent with the new software version to also see the complete range of the camera .

You have SW0435 =) 

The navigation system Amundsen (SW <435) and the Radio Bolero (SW <0435), does not work due to software by hiding the parking aid correctly. While the right settings panel hides itself autonomously, the left side is not hidden on the monitor.

cache_38781331.jpg

cache_30031969.jpg?t=1398072075

Edited by Trust2k

So I am a lucky guy thank you very much Sir :)

I will try connecting some video source to my Amundsen to check if it's working properly before buying a reversing camera.

Q: I have high power LED replacements in my license plate lights and I am planning to change my reversing bulbs as well.

Do you have any experience about flickering issue caused by LEDs?

So I am a lucky guy thank you very much Sir :)

I will try connecting some video source to my Amundsen to check if it's working properly before buying a reversing camera.

Q: I have high power LED replacements in my license plate lights and I am planning to change my reversing bulbs as well.

Do you have any experience about flickering issue caused by LEDs?

Testing.....

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

.....and success! :)

I have the video output of my camera on the screen :)

I used DIY tools, copy of theese: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetooth-Kit-Microphone-MIC-Set-Cable-Adapter-with-Radio-Removal-Tools-for-VW-RNS315-RNS510-MFD3/32275339068.html

The multimedia unit does not support PAL output (result: B/W screen). I switched my camera to NTSC and it's fine.

I think I will order a wireless backup camera kit.

There's enough space for the wireless unit behind the unit.

Cheers Trust2k :beer: :beer: :beer:

• Like 1

Testing.....

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

.....and success! :)

I have the video output of my camera on the screen :)

I used DIY tools, copy of theese: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetooth-Kit-Microphone-MIC-Set-Cable-Adapter-with-Radio-Removal-Tools-for-VW-RNS315-RNS510-MFD3/32275339068.html

The multimedia unit does not support PAL output (result: B/W screen). I switched my camera to NTSC and it's fine.

I think I will order a wireless backup camera kit.

There's enough space for the wireless unit behind the unit.

Cheers Trust2k [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481]

How did you connect the wiring for testing purposes?

I too am thinking of a wireless camera as I miss the camera in my old Kia. Just wonder how/where I'd mount it as the most worrying part is taking the trim off my electric boot.

How did you connect the wiring for testing purposes?

I too am thinking of a wireless camera as I miss the camera in my old Kia. Just wonder how/where I'd mount it as the most worrying part is taking the trim off my electric boot.

This was only a test so I have just plugged in the two wires through the connector.

I did not remove any connector from the unit.

My test cable is an alarm system cable with 8 wires.

I used 2-2 wires as on the picture.

It's okay for testing.

I will look after some solderable mini connectors for the final project.

IMG_0177.jpg

This was only a test so I have just plugged in the two wires through the connector.

I did not remove any connector from the unit.

My test cable is an alarm system cable with 8 wires.

I used 2-2 wires as on the picture.

It's okay for testing.

I will look after some solderable mini connectors for the final project.

IMG_0177.jpg

+ info:

I had to restart the infotainment (by pressing the power button cca. 30 sec) after VCDS coding.

The park assist disappeared and I had only the picture of the camera on the screen.

Trust2k:

Questions from hungarian forum members:

1. Is this backup camera retrofit possible with other infotanment systems (for example O3 with Bolero + rear parking assist)?

2. What if the car doesn't have park assist at all (no front/rear sensors)? Is it possible to activate just the camera function in the infotainment?

Thanks and enjoy your work with your wires :D

Edited by aki78

Hi, yes it work with the Bolero, but you must test it on the same way, as you do.

Bolero must be integrated the handsefree modul for Video-In.

Without PDC... Mhh coding the 5F an test ist, in Germany all 03 have PDC.

The difference you see in the image at the old software version of the rear base of the park distance control is black and transparent with the new software version to also see the complete range of the camera .

You have SW0435 =) 

The navigation system Amundsen (SW <435) and the Radio Bolero (SW <0435), does not work due to software by hiding the parking aid correctly. While the right settings panel hides itself autonomously, the left side is not hidden on the monitor.

cache_38781331.jpg

cache_30031969.jpg?t=1398072075

I tried today with VCDS (STG 5F Byte 19 Bit 4 to 1  - from stock i only have bit 2 enabled) and i get a complete black screen on my amundsen only with options for the screen. I have SW0435  :(

2m519ap.jpg

2a8iwqp.jpg