This will be built next to Yeti II

Every maker is still so obviously scared of a van with windows! No-one wants to step out of line and appeal to a minority who might prioritise functionality over pseudo looks. Might be that the Defender replacement is the last man standing. How good/poor will refinement be in that though?

• Like 1

Every maker is still so obviously scared of a van with windows! No-one wants to step out of line and appeal to a minority who might prioritise functionality over pseudo looks. Might be that the Defender replacement is the last man standing. How good/poor will refinement be in that though?

Exactly.

Bling is much more important than function.

The distinct body lines are very much in keeping with the rest of the new seat range as you would expect, so the new yII will likely be close to the body shape with their personal distinct touches but for me I would not like the idea of a 2 door which I had also read previous to this in a mag would be on the next YII,still I suppose it will give us all time to think what our next choice will be as the small suv market is bringing new models to the market at quite a pace.

Every maker is still so obviously scared of a van with windows! No-one wants to step out of line and appeal to a minority

Of course they don't. They are in business to sell as many cars as they can, and you don't do that by targeting a minority.

• Like 1

And the WSJ reports that the Mexican Puebla plant is to expand to produce the seven seat Tiguan.

Chattanooga will be producing the CrossBlue and CrossBlue Coupe mid size SUVs.

I wonder if they will be both L and RHD.

Of course they don't. They are in business to sell as many cars as they can, and you don't do that by targeting a minority.

This is sad. It's not a good thing that all cars look the same, all pop music sounds the same, that all films are the same etc.

In my opinion, one of the main advantages of one company having multiple brands (Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Bentley etc) is that different brands CAN target minorities!

• Like 2

As far as I'm aware there's always been a waiting list to buy a new Yeti,and they hold their secondhand value as well.

Why would a company want to risk losing that by building a vehicle like every other manufacturers?

As far as I'm aware there's always been a waiting list to buy a new Yeti,and they hold their secondhand value as well.

Why would a company want to risk losing that by building a vehicle like every other manufacturers?

The only reason for the constant waiting list is their pathetically small factory. Now that the new Superb is out and the production of that is ramping up the Yeti production will slow down significantly - and the waiting lists will grow again. Really silly.

Hopefully they are expanding their micro-factory to make the new Yeti II and the SEAT in greater numbers than before on a new production line. And in order to sell these in these greater numbers the cars have to sell and not be "for the informed few" only - as the micro-factory made it possible to do. So hence the need to make the Yeti II a "mainstream, boring as dishwater" carbon copy of the QQ.  Sigh. So you can just see what is going to happen to Yeti II resale values already. 

The only reason for the constant waiting list is their pathetically small factory. Now that the new Superb is out and the production of that is ramping up the Yeti production will slow down significantly - and the waiting lists will grow again. Really silly.

Hopefully they are expanding their micro-factory to make the new Yeti II and the SEAT in greater numbers than before on a new production line. And in order to sell these in these greater numbers the cars have to sell and not be "for the informed few" only - as the micro-factory made it possible to do. So hence the need to make the Yeti II a "mainstream, boring as dishwater" carbon copy of the QQ.  Sigh. So you can just see what is going to happen to Yeti II resale values already. 

BUT if they are not going to expand the production line then they can afford to be a little "more daring" with the design? If it's going to be based on a SEAT platform, can we presume it will be built in a SEAT factory?

BUT if they are not going to expand the production line then they can afford to be a little "more daring" with the design? If it's going to be based on a SEAT platform, can we presume it will be built in a SEAT factory?

Nope - it's already been announced that the SEAT will be built in the Skoda factory.

• Like 2

This is sad. It's not a good thing that all cars look the same, all pop music sounds the same, that all films are the same etc.

In my opinion, one of the main advantages of one company having multiple brands (Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Bentley etc) is that different brands CAN target minorities!

Looking the same isn't the same as having wide appeal though. Both the Yeti and Juke aren't to everyone's taste and certainly aren't the same as everything else on the market, but it *does* still appeal to enough customers to make it financially viable.

• Like 1

Hopefully they are expanding their micro-factory to make the new Yeti II and the SEAT in greater numbers than before on a new production line.

They added a new hall for car body production at Kvasiny last year, and the Roomster will no longer be built there which should free up some capacity too.

Some pictures here of a 'Snowman' test mule on the road in CZ. Modified Yeti panels give clues as to its (probable) eventual size:

http://www.auto.cz/spionazni-fotografie-nas-ctenar-zachytil-mulu-suv-skoda-snowman-86125

That looks like a Chinese one without the rear spare wheel.

That comment was replying to This from 2 posts above

Ahh, ok. Doing some further reading it seems next year's SEAT suv will be smaller than this concept and WILL share the platform with the next Yeti.

Snowman late 2016, Yeti2 early 2017 maybe?

That looks like a Chinese one without the rear spare wheel.

The Chinese market LWB version didn't have the wider track with flared arches, raised ride height, or the much extended side window aft of the C pillar, from what I remember.

Ahh, ok. Doing some further reading it seems next year's SEAT suv will be smaller than this concept and WILL share the platform with the next Yeti.

Snowman late 2016, Yeti2 early 2017 maybe?

Nope. 2018 in China according to this I posted yonks ago:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286110-yeti-ii-not-fl-will-come-in-201718/

But as I said in that post that is for the Chinese one and we can't be sure when the Yeti NF will be launched in Europe.