SCOUT MUDFLAPS

Hi

Has anyone had mudflaps fitted to a Mk III Scout?  I'm being told by the Dealer that the Skoda supplied flaps don't fit.  Seems weird that a car designed for 'tougher' use can't take basic bodywork protection

And the dealers are always correct .......

The same dealer will tell you that they don't fit the vRS as well.

Plus one, told they don't fit my car (vrs estate) by the dealer but they appear to be on it looking slick at the moment...

• Like 2

Really simple. Remove couple of hex bolts from wheel arch liner. Attach mudflaps, refit bolts. Takes max 10 mins per flap. Easier if you take wheels off, but can be done without.

• Like 1

What is figure #4 supposed to represent?

drilling a 7mm hole through the plastic of the inner wing with an angle drill.

I drilled a 6mm hole and opened out a little bit (from info given to me on here) as the plastic pin fits tighter then

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An update for all.  Thanks to peanut18 I obtained a front and rear set of mud flaps.  They are really easy to install.  I say 'install' because they don't 'fit'.  They do not match the body contours but they do the job.  The fit is close to the rear tyres but clearance is enough.  JohntheSparky's tip about using a 6mm hole rather than 7mm works well for a tight fit.

The joys of the MkIII forum, it's like the MkII forum but 5 years later  :D

The story on mud flap fitting is the same, Skoda claim they fit all models except the vRS and Scout.

Some hot water and a little elbow grease they fit the vRS fine.

However some serious modification was required to get them fit over the Scouts extended wheelarches...

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

Seems some things haven't changed!

• 1 year later...

I fitted genuine Skoda mudflaps to my 03 Scout, they do "fit" but they need to be fitted further out than on a non scout car so extra holes are needed in the flaps.

However the car STILL get crud up the sides of the bumper and the tailgate also gets covered in crud, so the mud flaps are not very effective!

I fitted genuine Skoda mudflaps to my 03 Scout, they do "fit" but they need to be fitted further out than on a non scout car so extra holes are needed in the flaps.

However the car STILL get crud up the sides of the bumper and the tailgate also gets covered in crud, so the mud flaps are not very effective!

Thanks for that - I was debating whether to fit 'flaps to my Scout - you've convinced me that it probably isn't worth it.

Any pictures to share?

• 8 months later...

Andy

as far as SKODA are concerned they do not fit, however if you relocate the fixing holes they fit OK see my posts and fotos above.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've got a Mk III Scout and the dealer has told me the Skoda mudflaps don't fit. However it seems to me that it's just about the only Skoda model in this position as all the models in their showroom had mudflaps fitted, including standard Fabia's, Octavia's, even the Karoq and Kodiaq. Has anyone tried fitting the Karoq or Kodiaq mudflaps to a Mk III Octavia Scout?

On 14/04/2018 at 15:16, JohnGarth said:

I've got a Mk III Scout and the dealer has told me the Skoda mudflaps don't fit. However it seems to me that it's just about the only Skoda model in this position as all the models in their showroom had mudflaps fitted, including standard Fabia's, Octavia's, even the Karoq and Kodiaq. Has anyone tried fitting the Karoq or Kodiaq mudflaps to a Mk III Octavia Scout?

Octavia M3 FL Scout here and I was able to fit the normal Octavia mudflaps. They do need some small modifications and some holes drilling in the mudflap due to the Scout body trim. It’s not a perfect fit as a result, but you don’t really notice once they are on.

E452E558-AC23-4662-A31D-8FA591CEB5E0.jpeg

3C9EAC43-C5BC-4791-8C8A-EE216DA0A013.jpeg

Thanks for the response which is encouraging. My race blue scout is fitted with park assist so it has a sensors all round, including in the rear wheel arch close to where the mudflap would fit. Can you measure the distance from the join of the rear wheel arch moulding and the lower cladding, to the top of your mudflap. This would check whether the mudflap will be too close to the sensor. I really want to fit rear mudflaps to cut down on the stones and mud thrown from the rear wheels onto the front of my caravan when towing.

I live in Worcester which is not too far from you. In 2 years of Scout ownership I've only ever seen another race blue scout so this appears to be a rare combination!