Curbed a wheel on my Fabia. What shall i do?

It was only a matter of time until i curbed one of my wheels....well it happened today and my question is what's the next step? I've got some Hammerite smooth (black) that i used to paint my breaks and drums with. Can i paint over the wheel with that?

image_zps899tayp0.jpg

image_zpsr22vg69f.jpg

image_zps8rqu8e0s.jpg

I would touch it up with the black paint you have and then put an alloygator on to hide the worst of the damage.

Down the line when this has happened a few times and the wheels aren't looking there best then you can get them all refurbed back to their former glory.

Right okay thanks, yeah no point refurbishing just yet as this is the only mark on it and there's none on the others. Does anyone know the paint code of the black wheels? Thanks in advance

I've used the Peugeot colour code on mine as advised on here, it's an okay match, it's a little blue when dried but definitely makes it less obvious.

Cool thanks, will keep that in mind. Any tips on sanding or preparing the wheel? Do i need filler?

There's been numerous threads covering the paint colour of the monte wheels but Skoda F7S dark grey seems to be a close-ish match.

I've used it and it's pretty close but not exact.  That may have been down to the mixing of the paint or the application though...

There's been numerous threads covering the paint colour of the monte wheels but Skoda F7S dark grey seems to be a close-ish match.

I've used it and it's pretty close but not exact. That may have been down to the mixing of the paint or the application though...

Cool thanks

So Peugeot black is the one to go for? Do i need to sand/file them down beforehand?

It was me who recommended Halfords Peugeot Pearlescent Black for your curbed wheel, I had it left over from the car I traded in, it wasn't very good on the Pug but I've lightly curbed my wheels and it works a treat. It won't hide the actual rough part but colourwise it's more than enough and covers the raw alloy surface great, just remember to lightly sand the area with some wet and dry first to smooth it out a little.

Edited by Gazbull17

Come on, someone must have curbed their wheels on here before and done sometning other than refurbushing to fix them???

I searched on eBay bought a very good second hand gigaro virtually brand new for £50 and put the curbed one where the spare goes [emoji106]

If you are going to get it refurbished eventually don't bother sanding or filling - let the experts do this later. Another option may be to use a black marker pen - recommended previously by a smart repair agent for stone chips as it provides a barrier to prevent corrosion.

Not too sure where in Hants you live but My Alloys in Basingstoke have done a great job for me and my mates in the past and may surprise you with the cost to repair. By the time you buy you own paint / lacquer it may not be too much more to repair for peace of mind.

Great thank you for all the input, i am about 30min away from Basingstoke... Will try and put some paint on it first to cover it up and will also look to see if i can find the Peugeot paint and see if there is a cheap spare wheel going just in case for the future