Another Mk1 VRS GTB2260 build............now for sale £4k bargain!

Stuart27183

Oh, and I did a few laps of the 'ring back in June! Wish I had the RARB back then as it makes a huge difference. Think the car handles well tbh. As I am in the weight business,  will be starting to plan a weight down activity for next year, whilst keeping it useable for the big mileage i do in the car. 

Need to buy some track tyres for the old vrs wheels also ready for some track action next year. This car is a keeper and will eventually be solely a track toy. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to fit this lot on Saturday!

20151010_114209_1.jpg

Great looking car with the RS3 tyres, And we can't wait to saturday;) , please show on pics how to install. Edited by Caita

Borrowed my dads garage and my bro to help for the day yesterday! It was a pain in the you know what! Angle grinder was the most important tool! The location of the Map sensor boss on the DS hard pipe annoyed me, as i have heard its a tight squeeze to get the sensor in due to the short wiring - so out came the grinder again! - just nicked a corner off the chassis leg, also had to bend the fuel filter housing bracket in to get the pipe in. Need to pop the top silicone that goes to the EGR delete off and neaten it up but its all sealed no leaks etc. Heres some snaps.......................

20151017_092514.jpg

20151017_101438.jpg

20151017_115208.jpg

The dog got bored!

20151017_120118.jpg

20151017_124947.jpg

20151017_131123.jpg

The ibiza crash bar only needed to lugs cutting off but no trimming of the actual impact bar

20151017_135947.jpg

20151017_140326.jpg

20151017_140629.jpg

20151017_170238.jpg

Old smic was quite leaky

20151017_102404.jpg

And that is it for now - GTB conversion next, it is so frustrating having it all sat in the spare room waiting to go on! Still sticking to the plan of fitting it over the christmas break from work, as will need the car off the road for a few days at least. 

Edited by Stuart27183
  • Like 2

How british can a garage get, that red carpet hahah

Looks like a great project though, will be following. 

Ha yes that is 1980's original carpet! It helped my back a little!

• 3 weeks later...

EGT gauge and probe arrived:

20151102_082335.jpg

Not much else going on apart from a 5th puncture of the year! So another new tyre ordered - the price i pay for doing big mileage :( Still on course for GTB fitting at christmas - although trying to buy a house might try and get in the way!

Edited by Stuart27183
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Few bits sorted in last few weeks - bought oil and filter and fuel filter, as will need a change when the GTB goes on in a few weeks. Cambelt and water pump got changes this weekend also (by Tech1e not me - some things i refuse to bother with myself!), as it has been done once before, but back in 2008 when the car had done only 18k miles. Again, made sense as a few hundred quid on top of the XXX thousand ive spent on the car is well worthwhile for some peace of mind. Excited for GTB fitting in a few weeks!

20151115_152628.jpg

20151205_104944.jpg

20151205_110540.jpg

• Like 2

Oooh how much was that

About £130 if i remember correctly - from Darkside. After speaking to a few people with tubular manifolds and GTB's i thought it was worth the plunge for this - not much money in the grand scheme of things for this car! I now have everything ready for the turbo swap in a few weeks (I hope!). 

• Like 1

Can't see why it's for GTB's only, you would just need whatever size silicone pipe for whichever turbo you have :)

I agree, but maybe they say that as this part was jigged on a customers car which had a GTB and a tubular manifold fitted. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to your updates over Xmas :)

As above,it's the tubular manifold that fouls the standard TIP :)

Thanks - there will be updates on here, but only if all goes to plan! If not, I will run away and hide forever!

• Like 1

Back home and off work for 2 weeks now, so its time to get Fabia off the road next week and start stripping the turbo off ready for this lot (missus NOT impressed with my dispaly in the spare room!):

20151219_111325.jpg

• Like 2