David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

If we could remove all the R badges on our Golf, we would!

Q? Why did you remove the rear wiper, not much rain in Dorset?

' Tis a nice little motor though, a bit too small for us oldies, but very nice............

DC

Like the look of it which is why :) the Citigo is so small you can easily see who's behind using the wing mirrors if need be, but I've never had a problem seeing out the back in the rain as the glass cleaner I use keeps it mostly seeable through

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 2

Noticed when changing the wheels the rear shocks are leaking a bit, they still compress, but I've put a parts inquiry in with KW to see if I can get a couple spare, I bought these second hand so I don't know what kind of abuse they had before I purchased them, better to be safe than sorry

a099350f14dcabc8eb3c7468e2cdfe82.jpg

1e263c9ce4c9cd4607de7431314e19dd.jpg

• Like 2

Thought I'd see if the old wheels fit without spacers too, thank God I have spacers is all I can say, they don't clear either! They actually move which is more than the Snowflakes, but the wheel catches on the 2 pins sticking out

3889d7beffee55e6dca57a2116c47525.jpg

Cheeky 1 year on update, these wheels do fit without spacers, the bloody garage that did the brakes for me put the pads on the wrong way round

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1

Redid the intake pipe again, I did want a cold feed from the fog.. but didn't think it was possible, I was wrong, the headlight came out and I used a second intake pipe and, got it working, very chuffed with result, the one poking out the grille was hilarious, but a bit "in your face"

004f93d230c5be957b85b987d2462f50.jpg

How it looks at the moment

e98892547c699ef7fdc3abda3de5b9ad.jpg

713003881613e56e58b733de6de299f1.jpg

• Like 2

Thought I'd see if the old wheels fit without spacers too, thank God I have spacers is all I can say, they don't clear either! They actually move which is more than the Snowflakes, but the wheel catches on the 2 pins sticking out

3889d7beffee55e6dca57a2116c47525.jpg

Is that not an "INSIDE" pad that has been fitted to the outside??

2 different depths of springs on the pads...

Silver long to piston side and shorter black spring to outside..

Edited by DEL80Y

It looks like that is the piston side as said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like that is the piston side as said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't seen that post, apologies, you may be potentially correct. I did notice yesterday they stick out further than the caliper on the drivers side where as on the passenger side, they don't.

• Like 2

David its a slightly shorter and different shaped spring and it mates against the outer part of the caliper usually they are black coloured for the outside.

Its an easy mistake to make and one that you will never do again the next time you fit pads  :D 

Everyday's a school day  :nerd: 

• Like 1

David its a slightly shorter and different shaped spring and it mates against the outer part of the caliper usually they are black coloured for the outside.

Its an easy mistake to make and one that you will never do again the next time you fit pads :D

Everyday's a school day :nerd:

It wasn't me that fitted them, it was a garage :bandit:

David where's the videos?! :)

Ask and you shall receive :D 

The afternoon session is uploading as I type, really chuffed with the lap times too, back in May I was averaging 3:37 a lap, this time round I was able to get a couple of 3:33 lap times towards the end of the day.

• Like 3

It looks so slow in the video :rofl: I swear it felt quicker when driving it 

Always does dude :), but you weren't slow. I had the most fun as a passenger ride as I've had in any car.

• Like 1