Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. I just visited Lookers at Peasmarsh to do some enquiries regarding a new RS or Karoq Sportline 2.0 DSG and was made a silly offer for my car! £20,700! Against a new RS with ACC, DCC, Spare wheel, Upholstery protection, Paint Protection, Rear view Camera. Just don't get this. It means that I will have about £8k available as a deposit.
  2. Well I have an appointment with Lookers on Saturday to discuss thing's, so I'll see what comes of it. I love the Octy for its boot space and its pace when I want it, its handling is superb, however it is low and with a duff knee and ankle, I can't help thinking that it maybe time to get something that's easier to get in and out of.
  3. I've got DCC on my Octy, it certainly makes a difference in handling, ACC is also on it and would most certainly specified on a Sportline. As for Sat Nav, I tend to use Waze or Google Maps rather than the Octys built in system, so isn't a real deal breaker. Although saying that, I'd like to know how much they charge p.a for the service. I would most certainly specify a Winter package with heated windscreen and heated seats and steering wheel, that's a boon to have on icy mornings and night's being a member of traincrew. Very curious about the handling, power delivery and mpg though, as they could be deal breakers!
  4. There might be. I know that my car (MY19 Octavia) doesn't like Ex-Fat SD cards for music or map updates. Yet if I use FAT32, It accepts them.
  5. Hi. Has anyone got a new 2.0 TSi Sportline DSG? I'm considering changing from a MY19 Octavia RS and was wondering what you think of it and what sort of mpg you're getting, any issues with it? Do you have any extras on such as DCC etc? Are you pleased with it or regret it? Thanks for your help.
  6. Has anyone tried formatting the stick to FAT32 and then trying?
  7. I'd like to know what traffic/motoring law says in regard to this in Slovenia. Try doing this modification in the UK and it was seen by a road traffic police officer, you're going to be looking at a heavy fine, penalty points as well as possible disqualification etc. Not worth it. Get a couple of cheap tablets power adapter with leads and tablet holders put them on the seat back and be done with it. So much cheaper than the legal expenses and penalties.
  8. Hopefully they will make sure it's not going to be available. If the temptation is there, then someone will almost inevitably find a way to activate it. If I want to watch something when I'm having a break in driving (which is seldom, even on long distance journeys), I take my tablet with me and tether it to my mobile phone or watch any of the movies etc in the tablet's memory card (512Gb)
  9. Well it would be illegal in the UK as it would be classed as a distraction and there's already enough drongos on the road who use mobiles and try to watch tablets on the move🤦
  10. The question is why would you want to have video appearing on the infotainment system whilst the vehicle is in motion?
  11. Obviously you didn't look here then. I've got just under a year before my next service which is the biggie. I maybe lucky to get a new car before then, if not I'll just have to take it on the chin, it's got to have two new rear tyres yet on mine, so there's ~£340, I've got a differential oil change on 14th that's £130. Again I'll take it on the chin. If my new one doesn't turn up then I'll have to seek an extension to the current pcp or I might just pay it off with the savings I have and then the car is my collateral for the next one.
  12. And there is the crux of the matter. The dealerships are caught between the consumer and the HQ/factory and they're damned if they do (raise your hopes) and damned if they don't tell you. But what is the point of contacting a consumer waiting for their vehicle when there's nothing to say or tell them in the first place? They might as well say (subject to agreement) that they will contact you only when they have any information from HQ/factory in regards to a change of status to their vehicle order. Namely a production week or date, when it has been completed, when it has been loaded onto the train to the port*, when it has departed the port* and arrived in your country, when it has left the distribution centre and arrived at the dealership. And finally when the dealership has completed the PDI and the vehicle is ready for collection. * If applicable.
  13. I would suggest that you have a look at your contract I would expect it contains a clause stating force majeure, which will be probably good enough to cover all of the delays incurred by Covid and everything else. I would say IMHO that you were to say the least quite naive to think that you would get your car "on time" considering the global pandemic and shortages that have come from it. I'll agree that some dealer's can be a little economic with the truth at times and maybe raise hopes to meet a sales target, but also I can't help thinking that you should have known to take quoted delivery dates with a "pinch of salt" and it was rather naive of you to make arrangements to return your previous vehicle before you knew that the vehicle was actually in the UK either waiting transit from the port to the dealer or at the dealer awaiting PDI and waiting for you to collect it.
  14. I've had 5 and apart from the last one, all have been superb to drive, the last one has been a pain in the bum. So I think that you shouldn't think the worst of the marque just yet. That may sound a bit hypocritical of me especially with the hammering I've been giving them here, along with a considerable number of other owners and former owners of Mk4s. I think that they've just tried to be too clever for their own good TBQH and given time they will get it 99% right in the time that it's going to make the cars on order. Also they've been a victim of their own previous success and the Covid pandemic which has not only thrown Skoda into turmoil but the whole car manufacturing industry and as the world slowly continues to come out of the Covid pandemic disaster, we as consumers should slowly see thing's improve. I think that the automotive industry really does need to come together and consider the benefits and option of building silicon chip manufacturing plants just for their own business to prevent this sort of fiasco from reoccurring though. Just hang on in there, I think that I'll be joining the queue for a new car soon, although it might be a Mk5 by that happens.
  15. Congratulations on your persistence and getting a result that you are reasonably happy with. We all know, that it's not really the ideal conclusion as you shouldn't have had to go through this in the first place, but it's a lot better than a kick in the groin. Good luck with your car.
  16. I enquired about delivery times for a new vehicle and like Skoda, they're all quoting between 6-12 months. So if that's the case I might as well get my PCP extended a bit and stay with Skoda, at least I know (more or less) what mess I'm going to be getting myself into.
  17. I had a look at Hyundai N30, Focus ST, Golf GTi, BMW 135 and found all lacking in some way or another. So I went to Lookers at Peasmarsh and discussed having another RS, for the simple reason that I can't find anything that I like with the same level of equipment as my current car, for a similar price. Will be doing further discussions about an new RS on March 19th.
  18. Got 330 days left on my car, now looking tentatively at a Focus ST instead. But not sure about the quality or reliability. Also thinking about a BMW 128Ti, but there's a few things on that that I want but can't get like heated windscreen.
  19. The Australian skoda update portal
  20. I'd call it Sonia... It gets Sonia nerves! Taxi...
  21. That's in regards to a second hand one or FE one, not a factory fresh one.
  22. The phrase "caveat emptor" springs to mind in regard to the Mk4.
  23. I take it that you aren't from the UK. In the UK the registration system changes twice a year, because the whinging car dealerships complained about the previous system where it changed once a year and put them under too much pressure from buyers who wanted the new registration (previously letter or) number for that year. Now by splitting it, it evens the load out.
  24. Strange I manage to get anywhere between 30 - 35 mpg on my 8 mile trip to and from work and it's about 50% suburban and 50% rural A roads. That's a MY19 245 RS with DSG.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.