Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Delivery times?
It's the new registration period. So it appears 6 months younger than it actually is.
-
Delivery times?
If you can find the information! But the reviews from motoring magazines and websites all say you're going to be lucky to see 30 mpg, more often than not low 20s. Absolutely awful.
-
Delivery times?
The Hyundai is now eliminated as I have found out that it has a fuel habit that puts an alcoholic to shame, compared to most warm/hot hatches.
-
Delivery times?
It's close but "No cigar" as the saying goes.
-
Delivery times?
The only thing that I've found that possibly could fit the bill is the new Focus ST.
-
Delivery times?
Minus door panels?
-
Software
Only looking atm. Did even consider Hyundai N20i or 30i. Was looking at Ford Focus ST, but it has disappeared from the Ford website 😕
-
Software
Fair do's. I'm looking at Golf GTi. Will download the brochure shortly.
-
Software
What have you ordered to replace it?
-
Delivery times?
So it's a provisional date, not a guaranteed date for delivery. Jesus. I can't imagine how many orders are going to get cancelled because of these ridiculous delays, this is going to cost them £m's and £m's. I really do think that it's about time that they started to make the chips themselves, preferably SoCs, like on mobile phones, rather than rely on an external source.
-
Delivery times?
Wondering what the delivery times are for other VW group cars are like? Also what BMW, Ford and Hyundai are like too.
-
Delivery times?
Glad that I didn't order a new car, I'd probably be dead by the time that it arrived and it probably still wouldn't work properly either.
-
Kessy Key Fob
Completely dead.
-
Kessy Key Fob
Oh no you can't. I had to open the door using the blade of the key to get the cap of the door off, turn the lock which opened the door OK, but as soon as I opened the door the alarm activated, along with the immobiliser so absolutely no way to start the car and when I shut the door and locked it the alarm continued to sound for another 20-30 seconds despite me relocking the car. Why oh why is there no way to manually deactivate it such as a security code or something like that so you can get home or drive for 15 mins max so you can get assistance. I suppose the best solution would be to have mobile phone operation of the door locks and immobiliser via an app and QR code.
-
Kessy Key Fob
My fob went dead at 1.15 am, no battery available and left me stranded at work, no warning from the car. In the end Skoda Assist got me a taxi home because I didn't know that it was a combination of dirt in the fob and flat battery. Eventually got home at 3am. Took the fob apart cleaned up the inside and replaced the battery with a decent one and another key and all was fine. Now have a second key in a RFID pouch with backup batteries in my work bag, another set of batteries in the car and another set in my wallet. Its done it once, it won't get a second chance to lock me out. I hate KESSY.
-
4 weeks old car and gearbox fault
Good luck with the car.
-
Adding a wireless charger
It seems only for the centre, which I would hate. Must be for the right hand vent, but that's at a push, as I hate thing's blocking vents. Also it will be low down, so a fat lot of use if you want to use either Google Maps or Waze as that needs to be more eye level not low down, as you will need to give it an occasional glance as you're driving, especially with the new tighter rules in regard to the use of phones in cars and touching them. The last thing you want to do is be looking down towards the centre console as you're driving and end up in the rear of another vehicle. Anyway in such a case then the vent adaptor that (I can confirm comes with the Baseus wireless charger) would be a better proposition, by a long way, as it can be attached to the right hand vent at a better height which is more towards eye level. Why they (Brodit) don't do the A pillar mount anymore is weird.
-
Adding a wireless charger
Do u want something like this? Although I have just noticed that Brodit have for some reason stopped producing the A pillar mount, so what I have here is now impossible to achieve, nor do they do a vent mount for it either. So a suction mount maybe the only solution unless Arkon do something like it. Actually I think that it comes with a vent holder, so it's doable but not like mine.
-
Wireless Android Auto
With the Mk4s reputation for software errors dare I ask what's that F is for? ðŸ¤
-
Octavia delivered with black screen COLUMBUS MIB3 - Calculator unit need to be changed
Guess who's just jinxed themselves! 😄
-
Wireless Android Auto
Anyway this is what my phone sits in when in the car. An automated Baseus wireless charger cradle attached to a Brodit Clip. It charges at 10w, even though it's attached to a 60w adapter. But it also allows the phone to be connected to the USB port or charger via USB as well with no issues.
-
Wireless Android Auto
The screen isn't always off, that's settings dependant. Also it depends on what you want to use in AA. I tend not to use it as I don't have any need to as most of the time if I do a long journey I do know in advance where I am going and what I want to listen to if anything. I can also get Google to launch things via voice commands so in reality it is pretty superfluous, I use Waze more than anything if I want to be kept apprised about traffic information, however I try my best to choose the quicker and quieter routes for my journeys of over 100 miles.
-
Wireless Android Auto
I'd suggest having a word with your dealer to see if actually exists on your car and if it does, has it been activated.
-
Wireless Android Auto
I think that a wireless charger may struggle to maintain the battery as an S20 will only charge wirelessly at 10w. You're going to need something else, just to keep the battery level stable a wireless charger isn't going to cut it. I use waze and have my S20+ on a wireless charger attached to a Brodit Clip and it struggles to maintain the battery level.
-
Wireless Android Auto
If so then that's really going to cane the battery life, your going to need to have a fairly good charger attached to compensate for the power being drawn.