Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Just one flaw in that. That's an Australian site, it's highly unlikely it would recognise a UK car.
  2. I would consider NO Glitches acceptable. This is just shoddy development and testing on behalf of the VW group and all of these bugs and glitches should have been ironed out/removed during the car's development and testing regime. The VW group are using its customers as guinea pigs. This wouldn't be allowed in the aerospace industry (although it did creep through with the Boeing 737 Max which was subsequently grounded) so why should it be acceptable in automotive one? I'm already being pestered by Garlands to trade in my Mk3, which has been a bloody nightmare for an even worse nightmare of a Mk4! And they've been told like hell I'm having one.
  3. Got two Pioneers for DVD/Blu Ray discs and a multi card reader in the 3.5" Bay. A new PSU is also required so looking for a Gold Standard 900W or 1Kw one for redundancy.
  4. The standard hard drive I'm looking at is 14Tb. Got a lot of music, DVD etc.
  5. I'll be doing a motherboard, CPU, memory upgrade and installing a seriously large hard drive in conjunction with a 2Tb SSD drive, the DVD writers will be staying as will the Creative Z sound card. CPU is probably going to be an AMD RYZEN 9 series, looking at 5950X, 32Gb RAM for flexibility.
  6. That wouldn't worry me much. I think it's highly overrated.
  7. AM may need to be activated via OBD11 or VCDS. I know that's an option on my Mk3.
  8. No idea. The garage have confiscated the adapter as my car is under experiment for oil sensor failure (in excess of 12x) and they seem to think that I've been tampering (which I haven't) so I can't use OBD11 UFN.
  9. I've enabled it via OBD11 and it still doesn't work. 🙄 Never has and doubt it ever will and afaic it's 💩.
  10. Nice colour shame about the poor reliability car it's applied to. 😢
  11. Phoenix Orange! It seems that the overpriced Metallic Red has been discontinued.
  12. If you contact your Skoda dealer they may be able to supply you with the number range of vehicles affected.
  13. Now got an experimental wiring harness fitted to the car... 🤔
  14. I believe that the VINs begin with: TMBB __________________
  15. There are about 50 cars in the UK that have defective headlight clusters and mine is obviously one of the affected ones. There are some in other countries as well.
  16. Well I had some good news they've conceded that it's a warranty job and BOTH are to be replaced as both have cracked on two different places. So that's just saved me about £1200!
  17. Had a look and the only one I have seen that looks the same is £499...
  18. Hoping beyond hope that it's a warranty thing as nothing has hit it and I haven't been under the bonnet for a couple of weeks, if not more and I only close it very gently. Never drop or slam it.
  19. Can someone please tell me what the price of a drivers side headlight cluster is for the above. Yes my junk heap has some how managed to crack the headlight.. No stone damage, nothing has been near it. I haven't even opened the bonnet in the last week and all of a sudden this crack has appeared! 🤔 Initially been quoted between £433 & £493 depending on what is required.
  20. Not exactly inspiring confidence is it?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.