Everything posted by Gabbo
-
Wheel bolts mk3 vs mk2
This was exactly the set I'd found at around €60 for 20.. Do you recommend Eibach for this kind of thing? I know them only from other posts on this group for suspension upgrades... ?
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
I've tried the auto hold finally today now that my winter wheels are mounted & I have to agree that it works very well & another thing better than the Mercedes. 🙃 I can also confirm that it uses the braking system (not the e-hand brake) & the brake lights stay illuminated. I will use it like this for now & use the hand brake to deactivate the brake lights when I'm waiting longer in traffic lights or queuing traffic
- Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
-
Wheel bolts mk3 vs mk2
Does anyone have a good recommendation for where to buy the wheel bolts? A full set would be around €110 from Skoda but on eBay you can find sets for €20 (presumably made of chinesium)... Is there a good branded middle ground? I've seen some "Febi Blistein" or "Eibach" sets for around €50-60 Do you know who is the supplier for the VAG group? UK delivery would be OK as I'm dropping home for Xmas...
- Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
-
How to play music
Is there an inbuilt storage of the MIB3 where you can copy your files like the "jukebox" feature from the MIB1?
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
Even without the brake lights there are the DRLs and then normal rear lights if dark so I don't see why the brake lights are necessary when you are stationary & aren't even pressing the brake pedal. This is the same as all of the cars out there without this feature where the brake light is only activated when you press the brake pedal. There are obviously exceptions e.g. Where you stop unexpectedly on a fast road but then here you keep you foot on the pedal & the brake lights are illuminated as normal.
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
Same for me, as courtesy for the driver behind me. Modern lights are so bright and its annoying even in daylight when the high level light is right into your face...
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
Shame, is it something that can be coded to turn off the brake lights? I wouldn't worry about activating the parking brake too much. It's what it's designed for & most average peoples usage will be in the lower percentile if you compare with taxis, postal vans, delivery drivers etc
-
Current Factory Delivery Times
So a couple of weeks to be able to collect it?
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
Awesome thanks for the input, I assumed it was something simple like this. 👍 Even better without the double press on the pedal. I'll try it next time I take it out... Does it stay in the previous state each time you return to the car?
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology when I say "autohold". I mean a function where I can remove my foot from the brake pedal, the engine will stay stopped & the car will keep itself stationary (whether with the main brake or parking brake) until I press the accelerator pedal again. It works if I manually activate the parking brake but with other automatics I've driven it was more intuitive and everything could be done using only the brake and accelerator.
-
DSG AutoHold at Traffic Lights without brake pedal held down
New to the Skoda DSG & cant understand if Superb has an autohold feature when coming to a temporary stop. As an example, pull up to some traffic lights. If I keep my foot lightly on the brake, the engine won't automatically auto stop. If I depress the brake a bit further auto stop kicks in, this is nice & logical to manage. However, if I'm waiting some time, I don't like to stay with my brake lights blasting at the car behind & want to remove my foot from the brake pedal. On my previous Volvo & Merc autos you can kind of double press the brake pedal and it will activate an AutoHold feature which holds the car stationary (you can remove your foot from the brake pedal & the engine stays stopped) until you tap the accelerator pedal then it will start & creep again. Is there a way to do this with the brake pedal of the Superb? If I remove my foot from the pedal, the engine starts and it begins to creep forward again. I can achieve the same behaviour in the Superb by manually activating the eParkingBrake but wondered if its possible without this extra manual step?
-
Drive modes - what do they do?
The driving mode will usually change: The accelerator pedal mapping The DSG shifting profile & use of coasting Steering wheel assistance Air conditioning As mentioned by MartiniB you should normally be able to feel the difference in the steering assistance & depending on how you drive in the responsiveness from the accelerator pedal (in sport mode the accelerating should be more aggressive for the same percentage of pedal travel). I'm yet to really try this in my Superb but in the Octavia the difference was quite subtle but should be noticeable between the extreme (eco to sport).
-
MPG/Fuel Economy Monitoring
Tried both this weekend and Fuelio seems pretty nice. Easy to use app and fully functional. Just trying to see if I can export my data from the Octavia. Thanks for the hint 👍
-
MPG/Fuel Economy Monitoring
Thanks, I'll check it out. GasCubby was also recommended from the Fuelly website, will give that a try too.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
-
MPG/Fuel Economy Monitoring
For my Octavia, I am still using Fuelly to monitor the fuel economy over its life. Whilst it is still functional, the Android app/web interface has not been updated for 5 years. I'd like to do the same with the Superb. I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations for a more modern website/app? GabboCH
-
Current Factory Delivery Times
Bit of a whirlwind week, went to the garage on Wednesday to complain I have no information on the status of my car 3 weeks after the build date. When I arrived, there was a transporter outside unloading & my car was on it... Quick trip to the bank & scan of insurance company websites on Thursday & collection on Friday morning.... Very please with my colour choice & a great car on first impressions. Some things to get used to compared to the manual Octavia but overall seems like a good upgrade. Its the small things with Skoda that make you smile each time, umbrella, hooks & storage solutions in the boot, 2 level boot cover, umbrella holder etc More pictures available is anyone is interested. I will try to create a gdrive shared folder like last time.
-
Check Left Front Side Light
I'll try to inspect all the lights thoroughly next time the warning pops up. Currently is about once a month but I'm sure it will increase at the fault matures
-
Check Left Front Side Light
All seems to be working but then again I don't have the error at the moment. I'll check this is it pops up again & perhaps try to order a replacement in advance so change it if it becomes a more regular fault. Thanks for the input/ideas!
-
Check Left Front Side Light
Good point, I checked only at night/dusk with the lights on auto. I'll check when I go to the car in a minute. Can this be replaced without changing the complete unit?
-
Check Left Front Side Light
The vRS came with Xenon lights as standard I think. I've not changed or done anything to the lights or had any of them replaced. The only work done on the lights was a warranty repair/TSB to replace the light controller due to a risk of "thermal event" but that was 7 years ago and they've been fine since. I'm guessing it's a sign it's on its way out. The resistance of one the lights is at the end of its tolerance perhaps...
-
OE / TRW rear disc distress :)
On my vRS I managed 9 years & 180k km with my discs/pads. I replaced the rears for the same reason as you, pretty bad corrosion rather than completely worn before the equivalent MoT check this year. Mostly highway mileage & very little braking so I was quite happy with that. The new ones the main dealer fitted seem to create a lot of dust so I'm not sure they will last the same... Maybe the service parts are cheaper than the factory ones??
-
Superb Mk4
Waiting a year also gives them time to iron out the production issues & inevitable VW software issues so you'll get the best version of it.