Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gabbo

  1. How big is the adBlue tank in the Superb?
  2. Is there an option for setting the LHD/RHD automatically based on GPS? My Octavia had this option with the MIB1 to adjust the headlights but there was also an issue that on powerup the last location would not be remembered & it would default to Wolfsburg Germany until it established a GPS signal. I have been using the high beam assist recently in the new Superb & on the highway in Switzerland it lights up heavily the offside & I would say it's very reactive to disable the forward lighting when there's traffic in the distance. It's useful that Skoda gives you the option & it's not active by default. In our previous Mercedes, full beam matrix lights was "always enabled" if you set the light selector to Auto.
  3. My MIB1 in the Octavia gives me the choice each time, fastest, shortest, eco. You made me think & I don't remember having this option in the Superb MIB3. I have the online "traffication" & Skoda connect services activated so I'd expect it should have real-time updates through the internet for traffic & delays etc. I don't often drive many complicated routes but I'll try driving with the nav active more often. It nags you to do this anyway with the suggested routes screen each time you start the car.
  4. Is there somewhere you can see the update history or available updates from the MIB3 itself?
  5. Could the glow plugs not have been installed properly causing a loss of compression in ones of the cylinders? Do you see anything if you remove the engine cover? Is not uncommon to have an occasional poor tank of diesel from a garage or a badly timed regen which causes multiple heatups without reaching the target temperature for long enough. Dont forget the change to winter or summer spec fuel which the engine needs to adapt to.
  6. Several times when I've been driving I've had a message popup saying application updates are available. When I click "install now" it opens the store application but says "some features are disabled when the vehicle is in motion". When I look when I reach my destination I cannot find anywhere that lists updates available. Is there somewhere I can see which OTA updates have been applied e.g. Maps, trafication etc ? Are you able to manage it from the Skoda app? (I guess no).
  7. Original post says that the battery has already been replaced
  8. This is quite a common fault here too, so much that there a special insurance extra for damage from animals chewing things
  9. It says something about the superb & 280 that almost everyone seems to have problems that needed to be rectified, some at reasonable expense, and yet everyone loves it so much they would buy a new one tomorrow!!
  10. Would some of the missing systems suggest something other than a speed sensor fault? E.g. Road sign recognition Perhaps a CAN related fault or bad ground?
  11. I made a similar replacement in my Octavia TDI. Varta AGM 68Ah battery replaced with a Varta Silver dynamic 70Ah battery. I didn't make any coding changes or connect any diagnostic tools. I've not had any issues & everything has been fine since the first start with the new battery. Stop start worked immediately & my car has been for a service and timing belt change during the year since without any problems or issues flagged by the garage. In my opinion recoding is only necessary is you change the type AGM to EFB or vice versa or if you fit a hugely different size.
  12. Our VAG dealers provide an OBD dongle to monitor your car and provide additional functions like sending diagnostics to the dealer, find my car, journey statistics etc It's always plugged in & doesn't seem to cause any problems with the battery.
  13. Can confirm that wireless android auto is available in my Superb. I had similar connection problems with my android phone and Bluetooth audio. After deleting my phone from the car and connection from my phone it eventually worked after 2 or 3 attempts. It also took me several attempts to pair the phone and headunit for wireless android auto. My phone was saying accept the connection in your car but there was no message on the display. After a few ignition off on off on it eventually came up
  14. This seems to be common on modern automatics now when they try to "anticipate" you are going to stop. I had our Volvo at the dealer 4 times for the same issue where the engine would cut out whilst still moving when coming to a stop and then take some seconds to make forward progress when it restarted. After finding nothing and contacting the "development centre" they said it was expected behaviour & couldn't do anything. It's stupid things like this that make people turn off stopstart. If the stop, start & abort was always consistent it would be much less worrisome especially at roundabouts and busy junctions
  15. It's the "Autohold" (A) button on the bottom left below the gear stick.
  16. I do mainly long journeys each day ~150km and also service at the approved "adaptive" intervals which means every year for me. I keeping meaning to ask the dealer for a DPF measurement but I think I'll buy an OBD11 this year so that I can monitor it better. I want to keep the car another 5 years if possible so hoping it can reach >300k km without needing to replace it
  17. How's the DPF holding up or have you modified it to allow the air to pass though? I'm quite please to be nearing 250k in my Octavia TR but 400k is a nice distance!!
  18. I'm not familiar with the superb but if I understand right the EPB uses the rear brakes? It really sounds to me like the brakes are binding or sticking/not properly releasing & causing the harsh pull away & engine stalling. The stalling is worrying though because an automatic should never really stall. I'd expect the clutch to open/slip to prevent it..?? Perhaps it suggests a deeper problem with the DSG? If you turn off AutoHold & just do some stops & pull always using only the brake pedal manually with your foot, do you have the same problem? Do the brake lights switch off immediately when you release the brake with your foot?
  19. For me, this would indicate something like binding brakepads or perhaps a sticky switch which would not have directly a diagnostic because is difficult to diagnose a fault state
  20. No matter what procedure you use to drive off, the engine should not stall. There must be a problem like the brakes sticking or a problem with the mechanism for the EPB..
  21. Can you see if the brake lights are still active when the engine doesn't increase in RPM? Maybe you have a sticky brake pedal switch?
  22. @Shugmo what did you decide in the end for your winter tyres?
  23. You were correct, it doesn't activate the feature without ACC being activated. The TA mode is remembered between driving cycles (TA active or ACC only) but you must enable ACC for it to work... It's my first car with this feature, however in the last Mercedes we had you couldn't really turn of lane assist (or ACC) which I guess is what you both want here on the superb. The Mercedes lane assist was very aggressive however & the Skoda seems much more subtle & precise
  24. I tried TA on my car this morning on the way to work. It seems on my car it remembers the last setting & it was already enabled after my experimenting before Xmas. I will confirm this on my drive home tonight. The icon on the virtual dashboard changes when TA is enable (orange lines with a slalom symbol in the middle) & the lane assist works much better. It's really smooth & keeps the car centred without intervention from the driver & didn't require heavy input on my previous Volvo which made its use tiring on long journeys. I didn't make any modifications except for activating it with the button on the wheel *I only tried it with ACC Active, I will test without today.
  25. With so many issues and so many parts replaced in the last 6 months, I would stop sinking money into this car, get what you can selling it "as seen", to a scrapdealer or as a trade-in for another. I would also look for a different garage with the new car or take a service agreement/ extended warranty to cover any problems...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.