Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gabbo

  1. This is great, is the same available with the MK3? These dividers are currently stored in my garage (😆)
  2. On the steering wheel there is a button (right hand side right arrow) to scroll through the display settings. On the navigation unit you can go to vehicle settings, instrument cluster & you can't fully configure the display and the contents of the rounds dials (speed, fuel economy, trip info, ACC display etc)
  3. This is exactly my point. The test cycles are "lab conditions" driven by a trained driver or robot. Stop Start was created just to win some emissions on the cycle because there was a long "idling phase". Coasting of the gearbox is quite likely developed for exactly the same thing. All manufacturers have coating so it clearly gives some benefit on the test cycle. I don't say that in some conditions coasting wont have a benefit but in the real world, like stop Start, it will be worse in some conditions/better in others. Overall, In 1000km driving on a tank, the difference between coasting for 50km or ingear for 40km will hardly register & I'd say that wind, temperature or wet conditions for a few kms will have much more significant impact on the fuel economy.
  4. On a flat road, the difference between coasting vs fuel cutoff can be seen in the deceleration rate. You will decelerate faster with the gear engaged because of the friction & losses in the transmission, thus covering less distance before youd need get back on the gas pedal. Which one is if better depends on the gradient of the road up or down & you are in this mode for so few kms compared to overall driving you will never notice a difference. My guess was coasting was a bit of a gimmick introduced by manufacturers to make people think the car is getting better fuel efficiency. A bit like "regenerative braking" using the alternator. Sounds fancy, but delivers nothing except in lab conditions.
  5. There is this thread for the facelift models which seems to work with just 1 (or 2 coding changes). I haven't done it yet but seems to have positive comments that it worked for many people: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/513598-disabling-coasting-function-in-facelift-dsg-cars/#comment-5757706
  6. I can confirm for a LHD MK3 it's on the right side of the rear view mirror console Gabbo
  7. My 2023 also has coasting in all modes. I find it very annoying as 90% of the time the car accelerates towards the car Infront or above the speed limit. It can be coding out... There was another thread where it was discussed for the 2023 models & seemed straight forward to do
  8. If you ask them for the printout of the full service history from the Skoda system would it show fault codes read during the previous services/visits?
  9. Yeah I use that daily for the route home. Apart from the search I prefer the Skoda navigation over the Android auto alternative
  10. Even typing the address you want to go to is difficult with the Skoda navigation. Searching often takes a long time & it's not clever if you get the street or town swapped from how it's written in the database. I usually use Google maps from my phone to the Android auto for interesting locations.
  11. I have it but have never used it on my Octavia. I have to say I was quite surprised it is reasonably functional on the Superb. Navigate home, play a band name, change volume, turn off xxx, seems to work well if you can accept it's very slow and might take 5s für the system to be ready and another 5s to execute your request. I only ever use the button on the steering wheel to enable it
  12. I often find that the voice control fires up during normal conversation interrupting to say " how can I help". +1 for crankcases comments regarding the voice control volume being accidentally set to zero. From the navigation screen settings menu you can adjust the volume back to a normal level. You can also press the voice control button on the steering wheel (or say hello Laura) and then say "turn up the navigation volume" to do this without the settings via voice control... I'll check the exact phrase in the morning.. Gabbo
  13. If you don't know why you need the service, let it expire & see if something stops working you miss. You can always subscribe again at any time. For me it's all a bit useless & Im against buying into the subscription service as it will encourage them to add it for more features. However as Gaz said it's only £30 a year so if there's a particular function you use (remote locking or heating) it's probably worth it.
  14. Asked them by email for the price.... 65Chf.. !!! Think the VW 18"-21" for 41chf are still the correct buy & can easily be found on Amazon or eBay slightly cheaper.
  15. I was at my local garage for the post-delivery check on my new car & I noticed that Skoda had a new set of tyre bags advertised for the SuV vehicles. Its not written on the pack but the guy told me they were from 18" to 22" for the Kodiaq & Enyaq but would likely also fit the larger wheels from the Superb.. Part Number: 5LA 073 900
  16. I have an Octavia diesel 2L 184PS (Non SCR) from 2014. It's covered almost 240k km in 10 years and I have had no problems with the DPF. My commute is similar to yours (40-45 minutes each way, 4 times a week). Regularly serviced & I've had 2 issues. Water pump, replaced out of warranty with 60% contribution from Skoda (common issue in many VAG engines). Boost pressure sensor wiring, a known build issue from Feb 2014 apparently. (Free under warranty). Even this diesel is warm in around 5-10km except in very cold conditions. My current superb diesel warms even faster. On a 35min commute, a diesel would be fully warm for most of the journey. I am biased because I've always had diesel engines. I always enjoy the fuel economy around 5l/100km from the Octavia & at 6 with the Superb 4x4 DSG. Our last petrol GLE was smashing 18l/100km but is guess in a superb a petrol engine could give you pretty decent returns driven suitably. I still believe in Diesel for high mileage, petrol for short mileage but I guess with modern engine technology & current fuel prices the gap between is less transparent than before.
  17. There are two pinned threads at the top of the forum with a list of VCDS changes for the original and facelift models. However I don't recall it contained any of the items you mention. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/
  18. I didn't have this problem but talking with my colleague whos car arrived a few months before mine he has this issue. I told him to try to start the update to see if it removes the behaviour.
  19. I would say the same over the last few days since the update. The rear view cameras refresh rate is now stable whilst the system is booting up during the first minute or so. Previously it was very jerky and hard to view what was really in view as you were moving.
  20. On the Superb, there was a changlog given on the MIB3 when the update was offered. From memory there were three buttons, update now, cancel & release notes but I didn't find a way to get these back or find them online
  21. No hanging around... Bosh! Will be interested in the photos, comments etc when it arrives.
  22. Is the MIB3 still available in any current models? I'd assumed that future updates would be thin as the latest system is the VW like unit with a standup display & touch sensitive volume slider....
  23. I was hoping the rear view camera update might improve the refresh rate and usability at startup. It was really jerky before & difficult to follow clearly. It seemed fine this morning but I'll have to give it a few days to see if it's really better. The release now were quite vague in their information
  24. I'm surprised about this unless there is a known problem with the VW software. Freezing of adBlue is known since the beginning of the technology. Normally when you stop the car, the SCR system will purge the AdBlue from the system sucking it back into the tank to make sure the lines are clear and there's no chance of freezing. The tank has a heating system which is activated when cold temperatures are suspected to ensure the AdBlue is fully thawed before activating the injection. It's strange that frozen scr lines would prevent the tank from recognising you had added additional fluid unless the car was very cold at the time??
  25. I am also a little bit. The car is only 3 months old so I kind of expected it to already have the final SW and there to be no more updates except for the maps...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.