Skip to content

thamestrader

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by thamestrader

  1. Having run a 2.0L TDI DSG Touran since 2013, a 'pre-reg' 2024 2.0L TSI Karoq is being considered as the replacement. Having trawled through the topics in the Karoq forum theres a few things that some advice/real world experience on would be appreciated. 1. Tyres - The Touran has been on Cross Climates for the last 60K miles, and I really like them. I notice that everyone says the Bridgestones Turanza T005 gives hard ride. I've seen both 225/40 R19 and 225/45 R19 sizes mentioned - can anyone clarify does the 2.0L TSI definitely have the 225/45 R19 size? Is it the 225/40 that gives the harsher ride? 2. Lane Assist and Traffic Sign recognition - Has anyone got either or both of these features without having the Traffic Assist Package - of the Karoqs I've seen advertised none have the Traffic Assist package but some list Lane assist and some list both Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition. 3. Towbar. All the Karoqs on my short list have To bar Preparation listed, none of them have towbars fitted. I have a Westfahlia Detachable swanneck towbar on my Touran. What towbars have people fitted - Skoda Electrically folding, Fixed swan neck , detachable swan neck? 4. Map updates and Traffic information. I've used Garmin Sat Navs for the last 16 years, downloading free updates 2 to 3 times a year. Real Time Traffic information is generally good. What is the situation like with the Amundsen Unit?
  2. The scan results you have posted look like they have come from a generic scanner rather than VAG-COM or VCDS which are VAG specific. For info I've pasted part of the VCDS scan from my Touran which had an ABS Sensor failure a few weeks ago. My Touran doesn't have Front Assist or TPMS but the dashboard warning lights were on for ABS, ESC and Steering - all functions that require working ABS sensors. The above VCDS scan clearly shows the faults logged. It also shows an Auto Trans (DSG) fault - this was a side effect of the ABS sensor initially intermittently failing which upset the DSG software, and the VCDS scan for the Auto Trans points to the ABS controller as the source of the problem.
  3. I would advise getting the vehicle scanned to identify more precisely what the root cause is. I would be tempted to suggest it may be caused by an ABS Sensor problem; ABS light is on, ESC can't function if the ABS is not working so ESC light is on, TPMS use ABS sensors to determine if the wheels rotation speed differs from other wheels - can't function if ABS is not working so TPMS light is on. Front Assist and Stop Start are reports not warnings; Stop Start is most likely low battery voltage/charge. The battery is 5 years old - our Fabia hasn't had working SS for the last 2 years - replaced the battery and hey presto SS is working again. Front assist I'm not sure but its possible that its disabled because of the ABS error message - Front Assist will apply the brakes to stop the car - without ABS this could be dangerous.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.