Everything posted by thamestrader
-
Steering Wheel Icon
I have the button on my 73 plate Sportline and it brings up the menu to choose between Cruise or Speed limiter - so its a sort ot of short cut to using the two buttons at the bottom on that side to page through the options for the centre section of the dash until you get the one you need.
-
Which engine?
I owned a 2.0 TDI Touran 140 bhp 6 speed wet dsg for 10 years and 108,000 miles. I'd be tempted to say try for the 150 BHP. What is your daily mileage, because the reason I got rid of the diesel is because since I retired my weekly mileage dropped from 400 a week to 25 miles a week, all very short , The first EGR lasted 95,000 miles the next two lasted around 5000 miles each at £800 a time. So I switched to a petrol 2.0 TSI DSG Karoq, Ok around town its about 25 mpg, but on a run at national limit speeds I get around 45 mpg.
-
Pan roof drains
@JustinG thanks for the reply - just what I needed to know. I might attempt to access them by taking off the wheel arch liner as that looks as though it might be less work. I had to remove and refit the rear bumper on my Tourn 3 or 4 times trying to locate a water leak,
-
Karoq pictures
As the coding for the swiveling towbar (which was fitted on Aug 12th) were finally supplied by Skoda and installed on Sep 3rd, I've found time and decent weather to provide this photo of my Sept 23 2.0l TSI DSG Sportline, which I purchased at the end of April 2024 with 1100 recorded miles, an Ex Skoda Management car.
-
Traffic Sign Recognition
Question for Forum members who have TSR on their Karoq, or have experience with it on other Skoda models. 1. Does TSR pick up the speed limits displayed on motorway overhead gantries and the matrix signs over lane 1 on smart motorways? 2. Does TSR interact with Cruise Control and Speed Limiter or does that require Adaptive Cruise? 3. I know the speed limit detected is display on the Virtual Cockpit, but does the choice of Cockpit display affect whether its displayed? Thanks in advance.
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
I've been following this with interest, TSR is the one feature of the 24 plate Karoqs I test drove that was on the 'FOR' side of the comparison with the 73 plate that I actually purchased. On the AGAINST side of the 24 plates was the higher purchase prices and being over £40K initially had the additional penalty of £2.5K RFL over the next 5 years. I have contacted HazzyDayz and they have confirmed that my Karoq is fitted with the correct QK1 camera and have quoted £175 +vat to fit..
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
You can always use the Honk and Flash feature on the Skoda Connect App.
-
Open/close windows with key fob
That is a Mk2. In my limited experience of 3 VAG vehicles, using the key fob to open/close windows is configured through the menus displayed on screen between speedo and tacho, known as Maxidot or Multi Function Display by Skoda and VW respectively.
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
Check the links in this post
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
Forgot to say. If you are using the Skoda App with the first year free access, download the digital certificate, it will list the exact build of your Kariq.
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
Which model year is your Sportline? do you know the build date? I have a 2023 Sportline 73 plate Sportlines 24 plate build date May/June 2023 it has Lane Assist but no Traffic sign recognition., which uses the same camera. I test drove 2024 and they had TSR. They are post on here for the VCDS coding to activate TSR.
-
Sunroof leak ....another.
@logiclee Thanks for the diagram. The nylon rod tool with a bristle brush at the end goes down the front drains easily and then comes to a stop, which is probably when it hits the wheel arch liner.. I located the approximate 'outlet' position by pouring a small amount of water down the drain tube with a bowl under the car to catch it. Its approximately 8-10 inches in from the edge and in line with the mudflap. The rear drain looks impossible to access with the roof right back. can it be accessed with the roof forward and tilted up at the back or is the only way to clean the rear drains from the behind the wheel arch liner so going up, which would be less effective as it will push any sediment back up ratherthan straight out.
-
Karoq SE L TSI 1.5 petrol engine gearbox metallic rustling sound.
I’ve had noisy clutch release bearing after 130,000 miles which is not unreasonable, but after 14,500 miles would be, I think, be unusual.
-
Reversing camera image - can you see the car's own number plate?
On mine I get just the top corners of the number plate shown along with the top of the bumper. This was this evening, the first time since this thread started although I had seen it previously. I don’t think it was visible earlier today, as I was looking at the display to assess if it was wide angle. It’s one of those things that once you see it you can’t miss it, but can’t be sure if it’s always shown. I have the impression when reversing out of the drive onto the road the view is wider angle than when reversing into a narrower space which is when I saw the number plate and bumper.
-
Electric Swiveling Towbar retro fit
Thanks for that info - thats is what I shall get.
-
Electric Swiveling Towbar retro fit
Update - The swiveling towbar is now working as expected. Richter got details from Skoda / VAG Technical, had the Karoq back this morning, checked the supplied wiring loom and then applied a new code from SKoda/VAG and it all works. Hadn't seen one before, pressing the button in the boot releases it and it swings down to be manually clicked into position, press the button to release, it drops down and then push up and under to click into position out of the way. 20240903_134330000_iOS.MOV 20240903_134319810_iOS.heic
-
Can anyone recommend a garage that could replace a failed Karoq digital instrument panel
Richter Automotive In Bletchley Link Vehicle Install Services | Richter Automotive they well be able to help. I used them to fit the towbar to my Karoq. Chatting to the Service Manager this morning about the technology in cars I mentioned the cost of replacing things like the digital cockpit display screen. He said that they are usually able to get them repaired, typically for half the cost of replacement, and its often the module behind the screen rather than the screen itself.
-
Sunroof leak ....another.
Is anyone able clarify if the front drainage tubes are also behind the wheelarch liners please. I don’t have any leaks as yet, and bought a tool off Amazon for clearing the drain tubes, it’s a long nylon rod with a ring at one end and a tiny bristle brush at the other. I’ve used it on the front drains but didn’t realise there were rear drains too. Being able to see the brush has gone right thru the drain tube would be good.
-
Air con service after two years?
Our 2013 and 2015 cars have never needed the AC regarding yet.
-
Removable Boot Hook Missing
My Sept 23 Sportline has a single rail on the left side and two hooks
-
Hard wired dash cam.
If it’s a Nextbase dashcam then the easiest hardwire solution is the Nextbase OBD port power cable as this includes the earth. Nextbase also do a hardwire cable that piggybacks into the fuse box but you have to work out where to get the earth connection.
-
Noise from both LHS (? top mount area) and steering motor
I was on the VW forum for 11 years prior to getting a Karoq and the advice was to do oil changes annually irrespective of mileage. The variable of long life interval reduces service costs and looks good for companies who run cars for 3 years or less and the next owner picks up the problems.
-
Bridgestone Turanza All Season 6s on a 2021 2.0TSI
If your able to post a photo of the Continentals when fitted with a tape to show the rim protection to compare with the Turanza 6s it would be useful. Thanks.
-
Sport Mode
Putting the DSG into Sport mode on my 2.0 TSI does increase the Soundaktor level, with audible blips when changing down, and it don’t arf shift too. I’ll have to experiment with mode button now as well.
-
reversing camera
Yes it can be swiped away, but if your shunting it comes back every time reverse is selected. The parking sensor display also pops up there too.