Everything posted by Binx1310
-
Dynamic indicators disappointment
Ok. Seeing as I won’t be able to see them from inside I think I’ll return them once they arrive. Thanks
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Will My part number work?
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I want without heating round wheel. Phone button not view. And with dsg
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
The one I have ordered to try is listed for a karoq and part number 3V0419091AB. Without airbag so hoping mine will fit! But buttons and everything looks to be the same as my existing wheel just with dsg paddles added. It’s on free 30 day return so if it doesn’t work I can send it back. The 3V0419091M that I ordered had the order cancelled as they couldn’t find it in their stock apparently.
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I think I’ll take a punt on it. 3v0 part number tends to denote superb alike. Looks the same. Seems to have the same buttons. And a lot of wheels are listed for all mqb ŠKODA models.
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Does anyone know if a ŠKODA karoq wheel fits a superb 3? It looks identical from the pictures. I would be looking to reuse my airbag from pre-facelift round wheel. https://ebay.us/m/XfqGFE
-
Dynamic indicators disappointment
I ordered a set of these from AliExpress but now having second thoughts RE insurance not liking them. Has anyone else had any issue?
-
Cambelt and water pump - dealer vs independent
It’s a wet belt in that it runs inside the oil but not the same issue as the ford eco boost engineers etc. no history of failure supposedly.
-
Osram Xenarc Blue Intense
This whole forum is a bad influence on me! I’ve got 3 multi item orders from Ali express en route, a couple from eBay, one from Amazon and one from a parts breaker in Czechia. So plenty more links to come…
-
Osram Xenarc Blue Intense
I used led bulbs from eBay/ Ali express for headlights and fog lights and they are brilliant so far. Links in my thread.
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Have a look at this guide. These wheels seem to be slightly more available. Not sure if there’s a heated option. And you will need airbag as well as wheel I think.
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Yup. All the wrong ones are ten a penny. You can fit the newer 2 spoke style if you match the components (view, heated etc) if you already have newer airbag. You then just need a lin adaptor to convert the signals. I think they are relatively cheap. If you find a wheel you like then @Cairus is the man to advise on connections to make it work
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Ah ok. Might need some verification. Also missing some of the round ones but it’s good to have a list of most of them
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Oo that looks good. Have you got a link to the page?
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
That looks like useful info but seems to be displaying as html on my phone
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Unfortunately not. All I did was search eBay until I found what I wanted and zoom in on the part number stickers in the photos.
-
Dashcam / rear wiper fuse keeps blowing
You need a fuse tap. Most dashcams come with them. They piggyback existing fuse positions
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Flat bottomed, perforated leather. I’ve returned it through eBay unfortunately. It also smelt strongly of cigarettes so not ideal. But I’m guessing it will get relisted once it’s back in stock
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
The one I bought wrong was 3V0419091AF BGN which was sportline with view, heating and paddles.
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Yeah I was pleased with the price. This was just a big standard kwik fit. Also please they could fit me in so soon as lots of people will be realising their air con doesn’t work this week I think Price depends on the age of the car ans therefore what gas it uses. Mine was the older type R134a. Our kodiaq is the newer type R1234yf and that is £135.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I knew! I know! I was hoping as I was using my own buttons and airbag and just leave the heated element unplugged would avoid clockspring. Which it would. And airbag I thought I could live with but it was quite a big gap at the top. Plus it stunk of cigarettes and I don’t think I would have got that out of it! Fingers crossed for the M. It has the right buttons and there’s another on eBay with airbag which is the same so hopefully it will be a simple swap.
-
Cambelt and water pump - dealer vs independent
It’s all about cost vs risk. My independent uses genuine parts from TPS but only charges £640. My car had it done by previous owner 30,000 miles ago so it will be a while before I need it done again. But will be going to them when the time comes.
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
It was the facelift one with the view button. Heated. I knew heating wouldn’t work but hoped I could swap my buttons on to it. But didn’t realise that my buttons wouldn’t have the connection for dsg paddles. I also didn’t like the gap above the airbag although I knew when I bought it I would have one. But it looked more obvious than I thought. And just generally I didn’t like the flat bottom shape as much as I thought I would. So decided for me the round steering wheel with the addition of paddles covers what I want. I’ll probably hardly use the paddles but it’s a nice addition.