Everything posted by Edela
-
Issues with Early Build (2020) SEL 1st Ed Models
Looks like people focus on software a lot, since all the issues listed above are software related. Id' like to point out that hardware may very well fail, too. On my 11.2020 iV I have squeaking brake pads, both front left and back left shock absorbers died at around 40,000km, some guides in the trunk door were changed to resolve rattle issue. Issues with brakes with unidentified cause, but may be well related to ABS sensors. Electric motor whistles a lot sometimes, though Skoda doesn't want to admit it is an issue. Something rattles when the engine is cold and idling. Perhaps something else I already forgot about... anyway, my point is, better to have ok warranty if taking one of those early cars, and definitely it is a must to verify if all service campaigns were done and all firmwares were updated, too. Otherwise, you may get a bunch of other issues, like comms module failing, 12V battery draining during the night and stuff like that.
-
Flashing Fuel and Temp Gauges
In TPIs you will find how much time (time units) fixing should take. Based on this number Skoda compensates the work of workshops. Now imagine how much money they save when they don't force updates and there are many people like me, who had issue only once and couldn't get bothered. I'm not a fan of such approach when it is something concerning bigger issues, like we all had with faulty infotainment software or comms modules, and I'd rather make it illegal for them to keep fixes for themselves unless car owner complains. But I'm sure they'll find the way how to make workshop a scapegoat and not bear any responsibility as a brand. In the end, they issue service campaigns to fix stuff, including software, and dealers don't bother contacting car owners and booking appointments for that either.
-
Flashing Fuel and Temp Gauges
Had this once on a long trip. Never repeated again so I didn't bother reporting it. As Steve mentioned, there is TPI for that issue, however I remember reading this TPI, it was saying that issue should be reproducible and customer should be able to show it. I guess this is somewhat standard for TPIs so will depend a lot on a workshop if they'll accept it and just make an update or will say they couldn't reproduce and thus will leave it as it is.
-
vibrations getting worse - 106,000km
I had something like that, together with brake assist and hill climb assist errors. On top of that on a few occasions while maneuvering, car was stopping very abruptly and was wobbling after the stop. My suspicion was something was wrong with ABS sensors. However, in workshop they found nothing and issue was gone by itself. So go figure what was that. Maybe indeed that was an ABS sensor and it was just dirty, so issue resolved after a few washes...
-
VRS IV Battery Health
Well no, 30 km is the absolute minimum I ever made. Usually my range is around 50 km.
-
Octavia iV (PHEV) disappointingly low range on electric???
Many short trips with big intervals. Every time car heats itself up, that drains battery a lot. Just for curiosity you could try to fully charge and make a few longer trips to see what consumption would be. Preheating car via app or departure schedules would win some miles, too.
-
New Car Questions
Depends on speeds. My experience is that on freeway speeds having full battery does not help much. I don't bother charging it on long trips. Though on slower trips (below 100km/h) the difference is huge and I typically have 3,5 - 4 L/100km (70-80mpg).
-
New Car Questions
Infotainment's button, below the screen. It is just that if infotainment is stuck on constant loading, rebooting it is often the solution, as to many other issues.
-
New Car Questions
Depends on the error message, I think. AFAIK, if radar or camera are dirty, it should say that Front Assist is temporarily limited or something like that. At least I had such messages when driving in snow and radar was covered in snow. If just unavailable - that might be the old known issue which should have been fixed on newer cars, older cars had to go through service campaign 4S58 to address that.
-
New Car Questions
15 seconds press on on/off button to reboot infotainment. In any case, when battery is depleted car will switch to ICE, so nothing to worry about. Also, moving gear selector beyond D will put car in sport mode, you will see D changing for S on your dashboard. This will put the car in hybrid mode, too. Just a bit harsher press on accelerator and ICE will kick in. Auxiliary heating or cooling is on. It should turn off some time after you lock the car.
-
Defaulting to "hybrid mode" on startup
It's not really to argue, but Isn't it a bit illogical? If some conditions are not met, then why would they become "met" right after switching ignition off and on again? Though the first kilometers ICE is the least efficient and will eat the most fuel. Anyway, I read somewhere that it is all about catalytic converter. Like, car wants to do some idle regen once in a while. I have doubts that's true but who knows... Definitely this is not the issue of low 12V battery, because there is a warning messages for low charge of 12V and if either of these messages pop up, it does not trigger ICE to start, and it doesn't need ICE to charge anyway. Not low temp, at least in my experience. I was parking car outside overnight in -12 and went electric no problem.
-
SOS Module Error
Since your car is brand new and already comes with 1940, yes, it will get SW updates OTA. However, there was a speculation previously that 1940 and 1941 are the same SW, just one is installed when car is made (1940) and the other is to update older versions (1941) on older cars. As far as I read online, nobody could confirm it, but it might be true. SOS module as all other modules have their own software, and as far as my experience with Skoda goes, they try to solve the problem locally with particular module before applying SW update or doing something else.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I had on-off loops and restarts for 2 days in a row in October. Appeared for no reason, resolved by itself - very typical for this car.
-
Goodbye Octavia
If your car was 3 years old, I bet you had the same old H56 hardware anyway. It's not like they will swap H56 to H61 or something else, they will keep replacing the same H56, no matter how many times it fails.
-
Lane assist - does anyone actually like it?
FYI, this annoys af those behind you.
-
Lane assist - does anyone actually like it?
I never had a chance to drive in UK so I may only guess why, but I see online that only (or mostly) people from there are complaining about lane assist. In EU I never had issues with lane assist except when had to drive on roads covered in snow, where the track cars made did not alight with road markings.
-
Octavia iv real elec range
I'm not referring to WLTP at all. I mean, I've seen average of 30 or 40 for a trip, so it doesn't seem like car tries to make numbers nicer and closer to WLTP. I just think that for some reason car can't evaluate consumption well. Which is a big surprise to me, since I thought unlike air flow in ICEs, electrical current flow is something we learned to measure very precisely. But not in an EV for some reason. I suspect that what car regenerates is not what it actually charges in its battery and this is where the difference coming from.
-
Octavia iv real elec range
Consumption values are some random values tbh. Here is a recent example: I drove 50 km and arrived home with 5% left, infotainment shows my consumption was 15 kWh/100km. How does this make sense if battery is 11 kWh? Even if useful capacity is more like 10 kWh, with such low consumption I should have made over 60 km. So watching such numbers I surprisingly learned that actually ICE cars estimate consumption much better than EVs...
-
Skoda connect app down,,,?
Aren't all brands use the same VW server? I've seen somewhere before that Skoda was excusing themselves for terrible connectivity saying they are fully dependent on VW infrastructure and can't change anything. Sounds legit to me.
-
Octavia iV Granny charging - How to get full charge
Right, 3.6 is a peak power it can take. But even small battery has some charging curve, so last quarter or so is charged with less power than when the battery is empty. My charger shows me consumption per hour and I always see that first hour car takes exactly 3.6 and next two hours a bit less.
-
Octavia iV Granny charging - How to get full charge
Almost never worked for me. With only a few exceptions, app was always saying there is no power connected to the car and it won't launch charging. I figured it will start charging only if I push the button before care goes to sleep though. Octavia won't take more than 3.6 anyway.
-
Octavia iV Granny charging - How to get full charge
Sounds like you have charging schedule set. % of minimum charge is how much car will charge regardless schedule, but it will stop at this state of charge and will wait for scheduled departure time or off-peak time to continue charging till full.
-
VRS MK4 Road Noise
Still winter Bridgestone is much quieter than summer Goodyear with which my Skoda came from factory.
-
Fuel consumption throughout the day (IV PHEV)
In theory, yes. In reality I see my Octavia is not able to keep charge level on highways. It will deplete battery while accelerating and won't recharge to the same state. So I figured that if I need some charge on arrival, I'd just put it to charge some time before, and let it deplete battery as much as it wants before that. It also gives better mileage than if I will run with 'keep charge' setting on.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
December last year I was on a long trip and, when crossed French border, my infotainment got into constant reboot loop until it died completely. Other users on this forum were mentioning that their reboots began in France, too. Personally, I'm always suspecting that reboots are triggered by comms module rather than it is infotainment failing itself. However, in September I was going to France again and didn't have issues on 1941. Issues came a few days after I came back home for heck knows what reason, but probably infotainment overheated.