Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. Hmmm ... if I had 2 new tyres I'd put them on the front
  2. Should be in with your spare wheel tools, jack etc
  3. I moved to a Kamiq from a Ford Focus as my wife bought a Karoq 4 years ago and it's been faultless. My Focus was over 10 years old, had done 76,000 miles and apart from replacing front wheel bearings it only needed normal servicing. Problem is most folks who don't have issues don't come on forums to complain so they are skewed towards issues that most won't have. My Kamiq is now 3 months old and while I'm still adjusting from my Focus I have no complaints about my Kamiq. I do though tend to buy the lowest spec models that have what I want rather than models with every possible gizmo as logic says there is more to go wrong. My Focus was a Titanium model, my Kamiq is the SE model.
  4. DQ381 is ??
  5. I've seen none of the cons you mention except for Lane assist, but along with Stop/Start I just turn it off as a matter of routine when I start off.
  6. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    That's strange because I taught blue light driving and our Police Chief Instructor used to make tick tock tick tock noises when he thought someone was indicating when it wasn't necessary.
  7. Out of interest do you know what the button does under Lane Assist? It too is prior selected and says Speed Adjust but what speed does it adjust? Clicking on the thumb wheel doesn't change it?
  8. @ScalaMalcthat's great, thanks. If I remember I'll take some pics and post them here. Likely to be mid March as in France until early March.
  9. Chatting to my local garage they mentioned that on modern cars this might affect alarm etc. I understand the horns aren't part of a CAN bus, not even sure if the Kamiq has such a system, but can you confirm there was no impact on alarm etc?
  10. Ah yes, I forgot the horn. Changing mine next month for a twin horn set.
  11. Exactly what happened? Why did the car come to a halt?
  12. sussamb replied to Jasethekaroq's topic in Skoda Karoq
    It is. I've just sold my Focus and bought a Kamiq, my wife has a Karoq, sound systems in both as good as the Focus
  13. sussamb replied to Jasethekaroq's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Yep, my wife has a Karoq and I have a Kamiq, both in the FOC Blue. Never seen the point of paying for paint!
  14. Ah, didn't realise it goes away on its own! Thanks
  15. How do you manage to do it with 2? I need 3 ...
  16. I know the feeling but in my mind there isn't any comparison. I plan all my routes etc in BaseCamp on my PC and send them to my Garmin, plus having the ability to easily create routes etc directly on my Garmin when mounted in the car. Android Auto etc just doesn't cut it, at least not for me.
  17. I still run my Garmin for that very reason
  18. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Incidentally I didn't mean to imply you were a bad driver. Every one is capable of improvement though. Even the Chief Instructor when I was teaching blue light driving made the occasional mistake, and his driving was exemplary.
  19. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Not sure my advanced courses, including blue light training, were lacking. Fact is you should always be aware of other vehicles around you, indicating doesn't exempt you from checking that it's safe to change lanes.
  20. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    You probably haven't undertaken any form of advanced driver training. There shouldn't be a driver you haven't seen. In the case you mention a shoulder check before you change lanes would confirm whether it's clear to move across or not.
  21. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    That too
  22. One switch to turn off Lane Assist like there is for Stop/start
  23. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    True, but those are simply bad drivers.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.