Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. Tweezers should be there, at least they were on my wifes car
  2. My Kamiq has the Bolero infotainment system. Anyone know how many mobile phones can be connected in total?
  3. Really? In that case you'd need to take your eye off the road to turn a dial. If you learn where they are it's like all buttons, reach and press.
  4. Ah ok, @SurreyJohnposted differently
  5. My 2022 Kamiq does have rotary controls for temperature, what it really misses is one for the fan speed!
  6. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Correct but I'm sure @carefree didn't mean anything but that for red lights
  7. I keep a spare pair of glasses in the overhead cubby hole, doesn't rattle though.
  8. Couldn't agree more. I test drove both before I ordered the 1.5, it's way above the 1.0 in terms of performance and very happy with the mileage, better fuel economy and as quick as the Ford Focus it replaced which had another 30 bhp under the bonnet, partly I suspect due to the 7 speed box rather than the 6 gears of the Focus
  9. It's in settings
  10. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Various, couple of different 4x4s when it snowed, mainly volvos otherwise.
  11. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Ten years in the ambulance service, last 3 years single crewed on a rapid response car plus a spell teaching blue light driving.
  12. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Except as you'll know, just like every driver on the road, skill levels vary from basic driver up to advanced drivers at various skill levels. Not all therefore drive with the same skill set. And agreed, lane assist isn't dangerous. I still switch it off though.
  13. Use the spare one? You should also have a physical key inside the key fob that you can use? At least I did with my 10 year old Focus. My Kamiq has a proper key so not an issue.
  14. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Well that's a whole new topic, and we then get into the different grades of blue light drivers 😁
  15. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Because we're getting too deep into driving techniques etc. You're clearly happy using Lane assist which is fine. Equally I'm not so I won't. Between the 2 views there will be lots of other takes on it. The topic is Lane assist is dangerous, which I think we'd both agree it isn't by itself.
  16. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Very true but we're getting well off topic now 😁
  17. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Yes fair point but I can understand why many don't like it and turn it off.
  18. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    True but it's taught to ensure there is an awareness of what is happening. Too easy to indicate on every possible occasion.
  19. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    We're taught not to over indicate. There is no point in indicating if no one will benefit from an indication. That's not of course to say that every police etc driver gets it correct, just like many drivers don't.
  20. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Ah well my I passed my last blue light assessment easily so suspect I'm a few 'test resits' ahead of you. Just a shame every driver on the road isn't reassessed regularly, might have saved me having to deal with so many accidents/injuries/deaths
  21. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Well I'm not going to get in a tit for tat with you over my driving ability suffice to say it's at a high standard due to numerous advanced, including blue light, driving courses that I've done over the years. The fact is when I cross a white line I intend to do it and in many cases an indication isn't required. I therefore turn lane assist off as I don't want my car telling me it thinks I'm doing something wrong. Equally I'm content to know that the way I drive saves more fuel than stop/start ever could, at idle a car uses only a minute amount of fuel. Equally if I know I'm going to be stopped for a reasonable amount of time I do what I've done for years, I turn my engine off.
  22. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Funnily enough I've driven for over 40 years and never unintentionally driven over white lines unless I intended to. I also save way more in fuel etc by my manner of driving than stop/start could ever hope to match
  23. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Afraid I disagree. In what way does either serve a useful purpose?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.