Everything posted by sussamb
-
Brake fluid change cost at dealer
This shouldn't really be a routine feature, dealers, like the independent I use, should be able to test the fluid and only change it when needed.
-
The automatic switching on headlights
I don't rely on the auto setting. Switch them on manually then you're in control
-
Skoda Kamiq 1.0 fuel range issue
As your garage advises this is perfectly normal. Same with satnavs, your ETA is constantly being adjusted as you drive. Your fuel range is too.
-
Blind Spot Detection
I don't find it annoying. Too many things added to cars these days that are a waste of time and simply more things to go wrong. I go for the least specced model I can find, probably why our Karoq is over 7 years old and been bombproof, as is my 3 year old Kamiq.
-
Blind Spot Detection
Same way before, blind spot checked by looking over shoulder. Even if my car had it I wouldn't trust it, and would still do a manual check.
-
Kamiq Engine Oil Dipstick
Should be able to use a bit of tissue to identify where the level is.
-
Not receiving OTA updates
You misunderstood my comment. I'm sure the behaviour you describe is alarming. I was simply saying you shouldn't need the car to tell you the speed limit, can't you turn that part off?
-
Gear number display on Virtual Cockpit
My December 2022 Kamiq 1.5 DSG shows the gears.
-
Not receiving OTA updates
Shouldn't need the car to tell you the speed limit.
-
Dipped headlight adjustment
No, for Dreal you'll need new headlamps. Since Brexit the advice has been think very carefully about taking a UK car to France as they now have to go through the same steps as cars coming from any non EU country.
- Karoq 1.5TSI stalling
-
Karoq 1.5TSI stalling
Have run my wife's 7 years plus Karoq on cheapest E10 since we got it new, been bombproof, as has my nearly 3 year old Kamiq, also run on cheapest E10. My previous car, a 10 year old Ford Focus from new, also ran on E10. Needed front wheel bearings replaced but that was it, and still working fine with a friend of mine 3 years later. In my mind nothing wrong with cheapest E10 😁
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
Our original ones lasted around 5 years before they needed replacing.
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
You can change the fitting from the old blade to the new blade if it's simply the fitting that's incorrect? Done that before on a Skoda.
-
LED replacement
Glad my Kamiq has normal indicator bulbs!
- Useless cupholders
-
116ps Automatic pulling power
There's a significant difference in torque and power between the 2 engines, if funds allow I'd go for the 1.5
- Questions regarding Air Care
-
Infotainment Issue
No, my Kamiq bought from new is now 2 and a half years old, been bombproof.
-
Auto door locking when driving
I've seen some say it's no longer possible but best to ask in the Octavia forum as this is the Kamiq one.
-
Rear vents - no air flow
Agreed, mine work fine too.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
That's not my experience on numerous cars including two Skodas. My dumb cruise control pretty much matches the set speed. The only time it struggles is going downhill just like it does if you were trying to control your speed manually, either by braking or changing gear.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Exactly. Cruise control will not maintain set speed going downhill under certain circumstances, that's why I switch my DSG to manual and select a more appropriate gear. Even that doesn't always stop the speed increasing.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Nope because I switch it off the minute I start off!
-
Fuel Gauge Problem
My Skoda ones are consistent too on long journeys, although as I would expect mileage left varies depending on how you're driving, petrol is consumed more quickly if you're travelling at 80 rather than 50, in France that is so not speeding 😃. It's a bit like the GPS I use when walking, my time to destination varies depending on how fast I'm walking.