Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. sussamb replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Simple solution don't ignore the limits. Not everyone does exceed the low limits which are there for a reason.
  2. sussamb replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Too many unnecessary so called 'driver aids' on new cars with drivers relying on them too much. I buy cars with as few of them on as possible and those that are I switch off as I start driving. I don't need the car telling me someone is in my blind spot, I'm wandering across a white line, I'm going over a speed limit etc etc.
  3. It's one button press ... no need to change anything?
  4. Just buy a torch and stick it in the car
  5. So the dealer was right then
  6. Certainly improves consumption. If you have your display set to show mpg it'll read around 90 to 100 when in coast mode
  7. Likely one of the horns has failed as they're on the same supply. You're lucky, some of the latest Skodas come with a single tone horn and they sound awful.
  8. Exactly. It was the same on my Ford Focus that I swapped for a Kamiq when it was 10 years old, around 65K miles and still on its original disks with plenty of meat left on them. A little bit of surface 'rust' is normal if the car has been standing and its wet, clears after you use the brakes.
  9. What made you replace them? Were they worn down to their limit or was it just that you noticed they were rusty? As others have posted a few hard stops clears that up. My Kamiq is now 18 months old and the discs are perfect.
  10. I've had this twice in 6 years of ownership. Some here will suggest its a problem with the locks but I've fixed it both times by turning off autolocking in the settings menu for a day then re-enabling it, so on mine at least it just seems like a software glitch.
  11. Perhaps post this in the Octavia forum
  12. Does that update provide wireless connection?
  13. Sorry missed this. I really have no idea as mine is set to auto and I just let the system do its thing. All I adjust is the temperature and then open/close the air vents
  14. Couldn't agree more, plus cars have mirrors so a camera isn't really required unless it's something like a lorry, van etc where there's no view from an internal mirror.
  15. Really strange reading all these posts as we've had a 1.5TSI with manual gearbox for nearly 6 years and never had the issue described here.
  16. Exactly the same on mine, with airflow when you open the vents
  17. On the Kamiq there is a slider to control the fan speed but there should be no need to touch it. On auto the car adjusts speed etc as necessary, only button I have to occasionally press is the one that demists the front screen. See this link which explains why you can just leave it to do its work without intervention https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/innovation-and-technology/technology/10-tips-on-how-to-use-air-conditioning-properly/
  18. Nothing like that on my Bolero, are you viewing the Apple carplay screen?
  19. I have a Kamiq with the Bolero system, no widgets in sight
  20. Try posting in the Scala forum as this is the Kamiq forum
  21. Nope
  22. We have a 6 year old manual Karoq, 15 month old Kamiq with DSG, both with 1.5TSI, neither exhibit any tendency to stall. Both run on E10 whenever we can get it.
  23. 10900 isn't 109K
  24. I do if necessary, even 6th to 1st, it's how I was taught on numerous advanced and blue light courses. My 1.5 manual has never stalled either ...
  25. I just press it each time, no need to remove it and fit a plug

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.