Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Possibly. A tight grip should never be needed though in normal driving, it leads to other issues.
  2. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Not if you turn it off. Pointless in any case having to indicate just to cross a white line as often there is no need. Turn it and stop/start off every time I start the car.
  3. That's the way it works, whether you like it or not. I'm happy with the way it works. Doesn't mean you're driving in eco mode, as you'll realise the moment you press the accelerator.
  4. Mine certainly activates with only a line on one side, so yours seems to work differently.
  5. That's weird, mine detects a single line ...
  6. That's how mine has always worked.
  7. I honestly wouldn't bother with lane assist. I switch it off every time I get in the car!
  8. sussamb replied to Nikg's topic in Skoda Karoq
    My dealer supplied a convertor for the port but I've since replaced it with a short right angled cable. Not sure why you're having an issue reversing though, unless it's caused by stop/start as I always turn that off.
  9. Like @carefree have never had to change discs on my cars for many years. Sold my Ford Focus when it was 10 years old and with over 70K on its original discs. Our 6 year old Karoq is on its original discs and my nearly 2 year old Kamiq showing no issues.
  10. Lane assist will never pull you back hard. I don't though like even the slight nudge it gives in circumstances when I safely cross white lines so turn mine off, along with stop/start.
  11. Do you really need to? I've never used a parking ticket holder and I first had one over 10 years ago
  12. Exactly and there aren't scores of folks saying 'my belt broke' 😁
  13. sussamb replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Why would anyone assume a road is 40 having previously been in a 30 zone unless you've passed a sign saying so?
  14. I use handbrake if I'm going to be stationary for a while, eg at traffic lights, otherwise brake lights can dazzle those behind.
  15. You can also try using the headlight adjustment dial to set them to lowest setting. That's what I do and don't get flashed.
  16. That's the issue ... remove your foot from the brake pedal.
  17. sussamb replied to DRW's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Presumably the remedy is replacing it, which is what is being done?
  18. Never used the parking ticket holder or boot hooks on mine!
  19. I regularly get around 50mpg on average, sometimes less, sometimes more.
  20. Nope. Never an issue with lights etc. The battery is now 6 years old so clearly life hasn't been affected.
  21. @Bryfly Well the other option is to do nothing, as I pointed out our Karoq, now with a 6 year old battery, starts immediately even when been left for nearly 2 months
  22. We leave our Karoq on our driveway for up to 2 months at a time as we spend time away in France. No issue starting on return.
  23. Best to ask in the Kodiaq forum
  24. Check it really is that. I had a noise a while back which appeared to be trim related around the glove box but couldn't pin it down. Turned out to be my spare glasses case moving in the overhead pocket. Discovered it by emptying out all the door pockets and other cubby holes one by one.
  25. Doesn't happen on our Karoq. What does happen is that the reversing sensors etc occasionally still sound even if first gear is engaged but they switch off once the car starts moving forward

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.