Everything posted by Stonekeeper
-
the truth about electric cars
-
Fuel consumption?
I leave my display showing distance to empty. Using mainly round town it consistently says between 410m and 425m when i fill up. if i then go on a long journey i have the joy of watching the figure rise as i get further away from home. When we go to Devon by the time we have got to the M5 south of Birmingham i have done 100m and it says distance to empty 500m Work the mpg out by checking mileage and fuel used with a calculator.
-
Usb sticks and media playing
- My 2023 MINI Cooper S Level 3 Electric leased from Motability which will be with me for 3 years & now a 2021 MG5 as a dog wagon.
I think it parks itself too far from the kerb, you would do a better job using the camera and sensors as a guide and doing it yourself, once it has confirmed the gap is big enough. It may help find more parking spaces though because it may judge the gaps more efficiently. It's a useful addition.- Fuel consumption?
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/skoda/- the truth about electric cars
Sorry misunderstood, didn't realise you had the original tyres as well. how come the rims are not matching?- the truth about electric cars
I wonder what would happen if you put them in the glovebox then did the tpms reset? Obviously not still on the rims 😂- the truth about electric cars
Did you keep them when you changed the tyres?- the truth about electric cars
I don't think he likes the car. Mr Owen said he has also had another incident where his battery died while he was on the motorway last April - just a month after he bought the vehicle. 'I was driving the vehicle and I had about 100 miles still left and I was literally just driving about 20 miles and I lost pretty much all that charge and car stopped in motorway and I got recovered - it took about 8 hours to recover the vehicle,' he said. 'Everything literally just shuts off. The wheels clamp up because its electric, I can't take the handbrake off.'- the truth about electric cars
A Cheshire Constabulary spokesman told MailOnline: 'At around 2.15pm on Wednesday 6 March, police were contacted by the driver of a Jaguar I-Pace who reported that there was a fault with his vehicle, and he was unable to brake. 'The driver told police that he was travelling on the M58 in Merseyside. 'Officers attended the scene and escorted the vehicle as it travelled onto the M57 and then M62 towards Manchester. 'Once on the M62, officers from Cheshire Police, Merseyside Police and Greater Manchester worked together to stop all other traffic, they then used a police car to help bring the car to a stop at around 2.40pm, between junctions 10 and 11 of the M62 eastbound.'- Brake failure at 90mph.
Mr Owen continued: 'It was just scary I was just hitting the back of this police officer. I was hitting them at about 90mphs. 'I was still talking to the operator, and I was worried. I was thinking I could potentially kill myself hitting this police officer at 90, or I could kill him if he loses control.' Is it not supposed to apply the brakes before contact?- the truth about electric cars
It should have been near Ripponden 90mph for 35 minutes from liverpool?- the truth about electric cars
maybe a Control/alt/delete button on the touchscreen to switch it on and off again?- the truth about electric cars
With all the modern tech and internet connection in the car you should just be able to shout "Alexa stop the ******* car" 😂- Town driving Skoda Octavia Vrs petrol is this right?
I think 29mpg sounds fine 223miles at an average 14mph doing schools runs- Town driving Skoda Octavia Vrs petrol is this right?
I think an Octavia weighs almost a ton and a half. Will take a fair amount of fuel to move it from stationary which happens a lot more in town traffic. You can reduce fuel usage with better anticipation at junctions etc.- Brake failure at 90mph.
In these instances i wonder what would happen if you set the cruise control on and adjusted the speed down with that?- the truth about electric cars
Agreed but it was the Con/libs who trebled the fees in 2012?- the truth about electric cars
Young folk? Those in their forties are still paying student loans back and some will have children at university. so that would now be two generations?- the truth about electric cars
- the truth about electric cars
My guess would be a floormat- the truth about electric cars
Looking at the pictures they handled this without much damage to the vehicles- Superb for Taxi
If we hadn't changed the way we do road signs for hills i would have thought 95% was good too 😉- Superb for Taxi
5% is one in twenty that sounds like a big gamble to me- Superb for Taxi
I expect the recalls in subsequent years would involve the same cars. All modifications made over time would have been addressed in production of newer models Mladá Boleslav, 9 February 2022 – ŠKODA AUTO has produced its four millionth DQ200 automatic direct-shift gearbox at its Vrchlabà plant since production first started in 2012. The dual-clutch transmissions are used in models from the Czech carmaker as well as in vehicles made by other Volkswagen Group brands. https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/skoda-autos-vrchlabi-plant-produces-4000000th-dq200-automatic-direct-shift-gearbox/ They are probably still making that 2,300 a day But i wouldn't buy a used car with a dry clutch DSG - My 2023 MINI Cooper S Level 3 Electric leased from Motability which will be with me for 3 years & now a 2021 MG5 as a dog wagon.
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.