Skip to content

spcdust

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spcdust

  1. Be aware, it's not only the Infotainment system that needs updates, multiple modules may also require firmware updates but once all the updates are applied to the various modules, it all works very well. The issue is it's usually left to you, the customer, to figure out what needs updating and what doesn't through using the vehicle and "issues" becoming evident. I don't believe Skoda has a overall list of updates that need to be applied to your car, it's done on an ad-hoc basis and, unless under the original manufacturer warranty, Skoda will generally charge you for each firmware update. Of course, the previous owner may already have had any necessary updates applied. If it's a Skoda approved Used car, they are supposed to update the software (usually that's the Infotainment system, not necessarily all the various modules), still, they often don't, so keep an eye on that and you can at least insist they update that aspect. Also, be aware, the Skoda Approved Used Car one year warranty does not cover software/firmware.
  2. Got my 2021 Octavia Estate SEL 1.5 TSI First Edition in October 2023. It came with several of the well-documented software "issues" which I was fortunate to get sorted under the original warranty. It was invaluable getting information from this group as I could be extremely specific with the dealership about what I wanted sorting, going as far as printing out TPI's, etc. In all honesty without the knowledge I gleaned from the group I suspect the dealership may have fobbed me off although, to be fair to them, they do seem to be one of the better Skoda dealerships. The car now all works very well, with great fuel efficiency, I like the tech side of the car and it drives well. I appreciate the frustration early purchasers must have experienced as it seemed to take Skoda an unacceptable amount of time to sort out many issues, often taking a total denial stance, which all seemed to be mostly software-related. I think this is the modern-day problem with all cars, they are so technical and built around software, that the mechanics rely almost completely on diagnostic computers - if the computer says "no" or the manufacturer hasn't acknowledged a problem they don't seem to be able to progress a solution.
  3. I still seem to have logos, but I only have them come up on the virtual dashboard, not the main screen, as I generally have Waze / Maps displayed on that. What I do find is the logo often doesn't come up when you first start the car, just the station name, but once I flick between two stations the logo is then displayed correctly - it's always been that way from day one of ownership.
  4. It does sound like your Skoda dealership should be able to provide renewal codes so perhaps you need to push a bit harder with them: https://availability.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com#/service/76
  5. How long ago - my experience is they can be a bit slow in responding
  6. It may be different in your territory but via the MySkoda App you just navigate to "Profile" and then you can purchase via the "Paid Services" - it sounds like the setup is different for you. Can you raise an inquiry with Skoda using the App, emphasise that the dealer has not been able to assist you?
  7. Apologies if I am misunderstanding this but have you paid for a subscription to Skoda Connect - this subscription will give you information on driving data, car locking, where your car is parked, lights and horn activation etc. The screen grabs suggest you have only purchased a data plan for your onboard SIM which is a completely different thing and is not generally required. All I pay for is Skoda Connect which gives me remote access to the information detailed above on the MySkoda app on my phone. Again, sorry if I have misunderstood your problem.
  8. Key fobs are 100% not wireless rechargeable on the MK IV's
  9. I would also recommend Thule - I have the Wingbar EDGE variant - pricey but leave them on permanently and mount my large roof box when required.
  10. Maybe apply the adage “if it ain’t broken….”. There are no new features so just under the bonnet changes. Maybe wait to see if you eventually get offered the update OTA?
  11. The fact the Sat Nav won’t load and it’s blank where the database version should be certainly points to a bigger issue. When you update the database you don’t get any message - the only thing that happens is after a few hours the database version number changes.
  12. Your Sat Nav issue sounds a bit more deep rooted if the app is not even starting and no database version is showing. Unfortunately sounds like a trip to the dealer for them to sort out.
  13. Isn’t this a feature that that only comes with the enhanced light package - matrix headlights? I have standard LED headlights and don’t have this functionality
  14. I think the message may have been put up in error and has subsequently been removed by Skoda.
  15. City driving can involve a lot of traffic congestion, stopping and starting, but depending on the driving condition, it can achieve anywhere between 36mpg and 48mpg.
  16. Did a recent journey, mostly motorway driving with moderate traffic and got 64.2mpg. Petrol Engine 1.5 TSI Manual Estate 2 x Adult passengers + 28kg Dog and luggage Cruise control generally set to 70mph except two or three extended roadworks sections where limit was 50mph. Some traffic where mph was reduced. Cruise control is definitely the key for greater fuel efficiency on the motorway.
  17. My guess is that Skoda had put up the notice in error as the Mk4 Octavia’s are relatively modern and should be equipped with the necessary Telematics hardware for 4G and LTE. Think this notice was intended for earlier vehicles.
  18. Care Connect is the subscription service that allows certain remote functionality and data exchange between car and My Skoda App.
  19. So what to make of the message regarding Skoda Care Connect? Just seems non sensical - if the Octavia has 4G then you would assume it would also have LTE connectivity as they are so closely related.
  20. I would lay money down that they will have not the foggiest idea🤣🤣
  21. Despite its wording, I suspect the message might be generic as there is no way that any car produced in the last 2 years and, more likely, longer, would only have a 3G SIM installed when there has been a well-established road map to switch off the 3G network.
  22. You would definitely expect a 2023 model to have a 4G SIM and, tbh, a 2020 Mk4 as well. I wonder if in actual fact it’s a global message but, in reality, only applies to certain age vehicles. For example possibly Mk3 Octavia’s could conceivably only have 3G Sims installed? Skoda making things clear as mud.
  23. I have just renewed Skoda Care Connect as it's currently discounted, which was originally due to expire on 10 February 2025, and it's stacked the subscription so now expires 10th February 2026.
  24. Good point, it’s confusing that the warning only appears on Care Connect.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.