Everything posted by Berisford
-
Laggy Wipers
Manoeuvred my Superb off the drive this a.m. and itβs not easy, takes me a while, at least 3 minutes and in all that time the wipers would not respond - it happens occasionally but never before has it took so long to settle down - I even tried shutting down and restarting - a fault maybe?
-
Cold start rpms doesn't drop
Iβve often wondered this about my Golf - certainly it only occurs on cold mornings and decimates the MPG - the upside is warm (not hot) air within a few minutes.
-
Cold start rpms doesn't drop
I have a Golf with the 1.6tdi engine - does the same - frosty morning and the tick over is always high for a hour or so.
-
Ramps
I have a couple of ramps similar to the red ones but without the fancy jack malarkey - bought 'em in 1972 for my first 'kerbside motors' venture - been using 'em for 50 years without problem until last week when I managed to drive my off the ends - amazingly, apart from my pride, no significant damage done to my Golf.........π I blame ATS - had new tyres fitted and wanted the tracking done too - they refused to do the job 'cause they couldn't release the track rod end nuts - pathetic bunch. How times in a tyre shop have changed - none of the staff had a rush in 'em - only pre-booked jobs taken - and then they tell me the TRE nuts are too tight!
-
Extortionate fees at Skoda dealership
How quickly Skoda have fallen into the abyss from the days, just 10 -20 years ago, of consistently being voted in the top handful for dealer service, reliability and customer satisfactionβ¦β¦β¦scandalous and sad at the same time?
-
Extortionate fees at Skoda dealership
Good luck, if you have a dealer like mine, youβll need it - they refuse to do any warranty work unless they get the green light from some almighty controller at Ε koda who wonβt sanction anything unless the dealer has tried every slippery trick in the book to get the customer to payβ¦β¦β¦
-
Wireless charger cooling
If I put my 2016 iphone7 in the wireless cubbyhole it immediately turns on the Apple Wallet payment option!
-
To fold or not to fold - that is the question
Same on my Golf - the Superb almost needn't bother, they stick out almost as far when folded. That said, I like the folding mirrors on the Karoq, at a glance I can see it's locked - as I've got older I often can't remember - did I or didn't I....? The flashing red LED is poor on VWG vehicles - from a distance it's hard to see and my security cameras don't pick em up - yet my neighbours BMW with its central dash top LED lights up like a beacon.
-
To fold or not to fold - that is the question
I've never seen a 4 button key fob for a Skoda or a VW either?
-
Sportline interior front light
VWG have long since lost their way where interior lighting is concerned - not least the inability to have the interior lights come on when switching off the ignitionβ¦β¦..Standard figment for most vehicles 30 years ago!
-
Space Saver Wheel - set-up advice
Surely itβs just the βPβ shaped bent wire thatβs been VWG standard kit for 20 years at least?
-
Skoda "All-in-one" Package
Not that I can take advantage of this offer, my 3 year date is 3rd March next but if you timed it tightly can you get the 3rd year (expensive) service included in this deal? I see in the Ts&Cs the service record has to be up to date and you canβt apply until the vehicle is 3 years old - so I suspect Iβd be liable for the expensive service and get 2 cheaper ones included in the deal?
-
Additional boot lights in Superb estate
I too would like some load area lights in my Estate - the ones tailgate are useless - fitting the lamps is not insurmountable but getting the wiring is more of a challenge?
-
Dash/cockpit rattling
Yes - ours was the same when delivered in July - I narrowed it down by applying pressure to somewhere near the drivers side central vent - a wooden coffee stirring stick suitably inserted from below seemed to cure it.
-
Aux lightbar highbeam trigger
Oh for the long ago days of my youth when a couple of Cibieβs could be bolted on and easily wired through a mechanical relayβ¦β¦.
-
DAB radio issues
Have you got a rear facing dash-cam?
-
Coasting.......Again!
- New to me 2020 L&K with some niggles
6: Lag. Bloody irritating some days I canβt even use the wipers for what seems like forever.- Coasting.......Again!
Actually no, I donβt do anything to prompt coasting, it now just selects itself at any opportunity, in βDβ - I must say, I quite like it, amazing how freely and how far the car coasts. Without a doubt though, the car has never coasted previously, something has changed.- Coasting.......Again!
I've owned my 280 from new in March 21 - curiously it has never 'coasted', even in 'Eco' (not that I was bothered) - that was until 2 days ago - now it coasts. Can't explain it other than it adopted the new found coasting mode after a serious red-line thrash...! Anyone?- Is payment 24hrs in advance of collection the norm?
Our dealer asked for my side of the finance (30%) a few days before picking up the new Karoq in July - never had to do it before, wasn't worth making too much of a fuss but I was a bit narked. Neither would they use my debit card (something I've always done in the past) they wanted BACS transfer.- Suspension bushes worn
Slightly worn and 20% worn - Β£879? I'd do nothing - carry on as you were..........- Wireless charger cooling
I've not noticed anything in our 2024 model other than my iphone gets worryingly hot whilst wireless charging in the little drawer and running Waze........- Suspension bushes worn
Senior moment - yes, you are right Blue, anti roll bar links - now just twisted metal sheet, used to be rod.- Suspension bushes worn
I was surprised to see the track control arms made from pressed metal on our 24 model - cheapness rules eh? - New to me 2020 L&K with some niggles
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.