Everything posted by RADIOTWO
-
2023 vrs towbar
Where abouts are you in the country ?
-
2023 vrs towbar
First thing to check is what your car can tow, a lot have zero Kg limit, and that would stop you towing, you can check on the sticker on the drivers door slam (thats where mine is) and then find a decent towbar fitter that can code as well as fitting the bar, I had a removable one fitted to my VRS estate and had it coded and if it is coded correctly you wont have any problems with reversing, as when you plug in it detects the trailer(Caravan) and switches off the system for reversing !
-
Front assist alarm - MOT FAIL?
make sure the radar sensor and windscreen are clean
-
Kessy locking keys in car
I know this should not happen but why would you leave your Kessy keyfob in the car, I have never done that, even with the old keyfobs. I put the key fobs in my pocket so when I get out so does the fob
-
Locking fuel cap
Why go you want a Lockable fuel cap, when there is one all ready on the car !
-
Brake pad change with EPB
No
- Battery life on pre facelift cars
- Battery life on pre facelift cars
-
Brake pad change with EPB
You don't need any device to do the front, but you need a wind back tool like OBD11 etc to wind the piston in to change the pads
- Battery life on pre facelift cars
-
One touch drivers window
As I said I have all ready done that, but still did not work ! but funny enough I tried it this morning and it worked correctly without and pressing and holding it it just worked ! (Confused)
-
One touch drivers window
Hi all, VRS 2Lt Derv 2021 I had a flat battery this morning, I jump started it and all seems ok other than the one touch drivers window does not work, I tried the press and hold down, and press and hold up but that does not work, and the other three windows work fine with the one touch. Any ideas please
-
Towbar prep or full towbar installed?
I bought a 21 plate VRS with no towbar prep and had a detachable aftermarket bar fitted and coded, all without problems
-
How to release rear door glass
As no one has replied, I don't know but is the panel held in with bolts? (cannot tell as the picture is not great, so poss a closer shot of the fastenings), but the other method i have seen in the past, is they are riveted, and you have to drill out and then replace with new rivits
-
Retrofit reversing cameras for Octavia iV
Just my two peneth, I don't think the Halfords one will work correctly but I had one fitted by the guy in Brid and it all works fine
-
The Dreaded Infotainment Issues - New Problem?
I know this does not help the infortainment side of things but why do you not log both phones on y Bluetooth ?
-
open the vehicle from the rear doors
Yes
-
CD player options
Just use a memory stick a lot easer, and we know it works, But I guess the reason why the CD players don't work is its the wrong media
-
Oil change
What has a standard/electronic dipstick got to do with draining oil from the sump ?
-
Braking Questions - pad wear.
Sounds to as you need to take it to a different dealers, I have never heard of a 60:40 bias to the rear on the brakes ( yes 60-40 on the drive on a four wheel drive) I cannot answer why the rear pads are worn more but have you checked the callipers to see if they are sticking ?
-
Braking Questions - pad wear.
The ACC does not use just the rear brakes it uses all four as its just as if you are using the foot pedal, in fact if you just cover the pedal when the ACC cuts in you will feel the pedal go down !
-
Retrofit mirror USB
I know the other guy has attached a link but do not just run a 12 volt feed from the fuse box, as USB is 5 volts !
-
Issues playing music from USB stick
I also use a USB stick but I do not have any problems, it comes up with the file of the tracks and then I click on the album/track I want then I tap on the play button in the first tract and it just plays the rest one at a time. one thing come to mind have you got " Random" ticked ? I don't think it has any thing to do with the type of stick, I have a cheep one off Ebay
-
Matrix LED Headlights adjustment after lowering the car
When I a issue with my car headlights( Not Skoda) although I suspect same set up it had to go into dealer and have certain proceeds to be done to be able to set them up, things like certain amount of fuel, some people in and alike, and then they can be set but I think it was done manually not with electronics ie ODB11 or VCDS or the dealers equivariant.
-
Media In cable for Ipod on Mk4
What is your concern about Bluetooth ?