Skip to content

RADIOTWO

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RADIOTWO

  1. I drove up from Derbyshire to have mine fitted and well worth the trip, very well fitted and all the coding as well
  2. But I was replying to Dazzy49
  3. If you are after a reverse camera fitted have a look at this firm where i had mine fitted https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/
  4. How far away from the socket is your camera ? I have a 30cm cable and it is long enough to get to the camera just behind the mirror
  5. Rather than buy a ODB, just ask around you might find someone local that can wind the pistons back while you do the job and they may accept a donation !!
  6. Hi yes you will need some thing like a ODBeleven to wind the pads back, but other than that it is just like changing any pads, You have not said the milage of the car but a 21 plate should not need pads replacing unless you have driven all round the world !
  7. If you drop the glove box down, left hand side of the fuses there is a metal frame, I have screwed into that, but I am puzzled with ref the parking feature, surely there is a battery in the device and if there is a activation it wakes up and records the incident, but if it is powered all the time and stays recording there is every chance the footage will be over written
  8. I have sent a PM to you Tim
  9. I have not got any photos but will get some tomorrow, I don't tow a caravan (I used to years ago) but to say yours have about 1600Kg towing mine has 2000Kg limit But have a word with this company who did mine: https://www.wezmorrell.co.uk/
  10. Yes I have had a Tow-Trust removable Towbar fitted to my 2021 VRS, but you have to look on the data plate to see the cars towing limit, as a lot of the Octavia's have come out with a 0Kg towing limit so if you have that you cannot have one fitted
  11. Before you top it up discover why it has dropped ! there is normally a reason for it dropping like Pads wearing, a leak, or may be something else but my first guess is its the pads and if that is the case as soon as you push the pistons back all the fluid will spill out over the top
  12. You cannot say a size as I guess there is different ones for the different models (and different carriers) As Pete says make some calls with Vin number, Or what I do is go to TPS
  13. Changing the pads is a easy job, make sure you have the car on axel stands (don't just do it on the Jack) but make sure you have all the tools ready (even if you have to have a check before starting the job) get some "copper slip" grease for the back and the edges of the pads (this stops the squealing) and you will need a tool for pushing the pistons back in (to fit the new pads) and you will need a tool to push back the electrically operated piston on the back. One other thing to look at is the Discs to see it they are worn or deeply grooved, if so you will need new discs. You also mention about the pads the best place to find the correct pads is try Euro Car Parts and put your reg in and should give you the right pads
  14. Is there a problem with the base, ? I am 5Ft 10 and I have my seat about half way on the runners, admitting I have a gammy Knee so have to slide it back to get in and out
  15. Yes you are correct, so means you can tow 2015Kgs
  16. I have booked mine in for the recall and the day after it popped up 30 days to oil service so phoned them and booked the oil change But 4500 miles to the oil change is a long way away, you don't say the year of yours but that is roughly about six months driving and nowadays using synthetic oil you don't need to change too often
  17. If you are doing jobs on the car like washing, checking oils etc, let it unlock and then open the door and it won't lock and unlock
  18. I think you will find if it unlocks as you approach or touch the handle, and you don't open the door it will lock its self, idea being if you accidently press the unlock button while in your pocket (as such) and you did not know you had done it it will lock its self
  19. But you are on the Mk4 group
  20. AS far as I can see that wont work with the Mk4
  21. As far as I have been told the dealers here in the UK don't offer a install, but I believe there is a couple of firms doing it as a retro fit, but I was impressed with the firm that did mine (as mentioned in my last post) As far as the software up date, I had my car updated after the camera fitting and no problems
  22. I am sorry I do not know any one closer to you, but I can recommend East Yorkshire he did mine and did such a good job, including all the coding etc, you could always plan a day in Bridlington and stay over night (short holiday ! )
  23. I also used to tow things which was well over the weights limits but times have changed and I think poss for the better, but on saying that there are some drivers that cannot handle a car let alone a trailer, but also they go well over the top
  24. Yes mine also stays in my pocket and at least that way you cannot get locked out
  25. Mine did not have towbar prep but the data plate says 2000Kg towing limit

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.