Skip to content

CJJE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CJJE

  1. When I looked inside the ECE 2020/2021 map file, the folder all start MIB31 so it would seem to be the MIB3 update! And when I asked why the Soda Update Portal offered me maps I couldn't install, Skoda UK's response was, quote: "Online updates the infotainment system." I also asked if there would be a software update to allow us to update the entire map database at a time of our choosing, and got the reply, quote: "No plans for this from the factory, but passed back to the to review for the future." I'd specifically asked for the correct procedure for installing the updated maps from the Skoda Update Portal, but the reply was, quote: "Online updates the infotainment system." I suspect my reply was cut and pasted from a script, because when I asked why I couldn't use the Web Radio all I got was a cut and paste from the owner's manual - which was just the unformatted text and no graphic images, and so was pretty well unreadable! Chris
  2. Finally had a reply from Skoda UK's Customer Services: MISSING RADIO LOGOS They insist that the reason some logos are missing is that some radio stations would not renew their licence with Skoda. I assume this means that Skoda/VAG wanted to charge the radio stations for displaying their logos and they declined. They also insist that unlike the MIB1 & 2 systems, there is no way of adding them ourselves (presumably so we can't bypass VAG's desire to make the radio stations pay for having their logos displayed on a VAG radio. UPDATING MAPS They also insist that the maps can only be updated online - presumably to make us pay for the Infotainment Online service each year if we want to have up to date maps. They also say that all the maps for a country will be updated when updates are issued. (I'm not sure if that means England or UK. I also see that according the owner's manual, that updates are installed for the 'local area' - ie Country according to Skoda UK - and the remote destination. So when I am again able to plan a trip to Austria I would hope that would updated all the maps for the journey through Belgium, France Germany and Austria.) My car is still sitting with the 19.11 map database, but there again since I have only driven it for 6+ hours since I bought it in November I guess it probably hasn't had time to download the new maps yet and install them. And people who have seen their maps update have probably driven their cars enough for them to update online. Chris
  3. I had an online update last week, that flashed up a message to tell me me to update, but that was only to update the Shop app in the car and my nav database is still stuck on 19.11. But my data connection is via the inbuilt sim, not my phone or house wifi. I emailed the Skoda UK's Karoq product manager yesterday, as I've had no reply from the Head of Customer Services to my snail-mail letter sent just before Christmas. I would hope she is more aware of the MIB3 problems than Customer Support seem to be. If that doesn't get a response I'll escalate it to the Head of Skoda UK... another owner tells me he actually got a reply from him when he was getting totally frustrated with mechanical problems in his brand-new Sportline. Chris
  4. This sounds odd, as when I P/Xed my Golf last November, I saw that my Skoda dealer was asking for details of its service history (which since it was a 2014 car included the printed service book) as well as receipts. In practice I kept it for my own records and didn't bother copying it for him as I was sure he was just selling it on to another dealer or auction house anyway - and he didn't seem at all worried about only having the service book. Chris
  5. I wouldn't expect any tools, but the screws and plastic rivet things should be there. Chris
  6. Congratulations on getting some of your maps updated - I'm still trying. But to answer your question about sending destinations to your vehicle... When I log onto Skoda Connect with my VIN, click on the 'HELP' at the top right hand of the screen, then 'Infotainment Online on the next screen, then 'Trip Planner', I get: "Why is it not possible to send destinations to the vehicle? We are currently working on introducing this function. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience." Sounds like Skoda Support's left and right hands aren't connected again Chris
  7. The instructions are printed on the back of the cardboard top to the plastic bag - so easily discarded! Hope this is legible? Chris
  8. If anyone bought one of these folding scooters, be aware that Skoda have issued a recall notice: "ŠKODA AUTO found out construction failures at ŠKODA SCOOTER that has been sold to customers during years 2019 and 2020. Due to this fact ŠKODA AUTO decided to recall all delivered scooters and stop sales of the new scooters. ŠKODA AUTO recommends not to operate the scooter anymore and to contact customers' ŠKODA Partner. "Due to a not sufficient welding on the scooter skeleton two connected parts of the skeleton can get broken apart. The second possible problem is a not properly working folding mechanism. Unfortunately customer can´t recognize if the welding is strong enough or if the folding mechanism works properly." Details at Scooter Recall Information (skoda-auto.com). Chris
  9. In the UK? Service records now all seem to be digital only, but a friendly Skoda dealer should be able to tell what they've got recorded on their computerised systems I should think. Was it bought (and previously serviced) by a Skoda recognised dealer/workshop? Chris
  10. MIB3 units only seem to display the logos transmitted by the radio station in their DAB data stream. And unfortunately many radio stations don't bother :( So the options are either for the VAG software engineers to let us add our own again, and to tell the radio stations to add them to their transmissions if they want us to listen to them in our cars. Chris
  11. Be aware that the Radio Logo file that I found there still didn't include logos for many of my favourite radio stations. But you can add any that are missing from How to add radio station logos to your VW or Skoda radio (media.info) Chris
  12. Agree, but can't see how front radar can detect lines painted on the road! Perhaps the cameras are fitted, but disabled by software from providing lane assist function, but still tested for faults?? When it was first provided in 2016 Skoda said: The new, optional Lane Assist in the new ŠKODA Superb helps the vehicle stay in lane on motorways and country roads. It reduces the risk of inadvertently leaving the lane. A camera detects lane markings in front of the vehicle from a speed of 65 km/h. When Lane Assist identifies an unintended departure from the lane, the system automatically initiates corrective steering. Chris
  13. I'm pretty sure the lane sensors use a camera in the windscreen (behind the mirror) rather than the front radar sensor behind the grill. So it was probably snow on the windscreen? Chris
  14. According to my owner's manual, my MIB3 Amundsen can read VFAT, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT & NTFS (Windows) or HFS+ (Mac). Chris
  15. The procedure didn't work for me either, despite my hopes. Went for a succession of 20+ minute drives, but a hard reset at the end still left me on version 19.11. Perhaps it couldn't restart from where it left off? But I won't be making any longer journeys for awhile, so will have to wait and sea what others discover. Chris
  16. I have a MIB3 Amundsen, so with a button at each side, but definitely the MIB3 software! With all the usual problems about missing radio logos etc :( Chris
  17. Yeh, I'll be taking mine for its weekly drive tomorrow, and have the prepped USB stick plugged in to see what happens Chris
  18. Agree it will have the maps for the journey, at v 19.11 for me. But to download the updates required for the whole journey will need a lot of data to be downloaded surely? May be academic for this year, I suppose. But the same principle follows for journeys to Ipswich or Sterling which I doubt are being updated as part of my 'local region'? Chris
  19. It's supposed to do that for local maps, but doesn't help me when I'm driving to Zell am See in Austria on holiday (as I did a couple of years ago) and want up to date maps for my journey through Belgium and Germany! Chris
  20. Yes, I've seen that. I think they're correct that the MIB3 systems will only display radio logos that they can capture from the radio station's data transmission, but I'm hoping that they're wrong about the map updates since it seems like a typical dealer response to something they don't understand. And is in conflict with what some people have managed to do. I've also seen a statement that a system software update is coming, but delayed by covid. Chris
  21. One thought... batal mentioned using a NTFS formatted USB stick, so perhaps this is vital? Chris
  22. Can't help for the first two, but people have documented their homemade boot floors at Homemade boot floor - Seat Ateca Forums which is of a course essentially a rebadged Koraq. No doubt you could add wooden dividers to 'organize' the space under it Chris
  23. Updating the maps in MIB3 systems has also been under discussion in the Kodiaq section at system update mib 3 - Page 3 - Skoda Kodiaq - BRISKODA and @batal seems to have found the way to do it! Basically, you need to download the zipped file from the Skoda Update Portal and save to your PC. Then extract the files to a NTSF format USB drive. (The drive needs to be empty beforehand and probably at least a 64GB drive.) Plug the drive into a USB-C port and turn on the ignition. Then just leave it there as you go for a drive! There will not be any feedback from the system, and you do not have to press a system update or search for the USB drive on the screen. (You could stay parked, but run the risk of running down the car battery, so it's probably better to charge it by going for a drive.) It will take around 30 minutes or more, but I believe that the installation will stop when the ignition is turned off, and then restarts automatically. To finalise the installation, you just need to hard reset the info system by pressing the ON button for 20 seconds. Reports say that you will then see the updated map date on the system information screen. More details in the thread shown above. Chris
  24. That's great news! We seem to have discovered something that Skoda UK don't know about!! Chris
  25. Tyres can make quite a difference too. Check out the ones you have fitted in Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews (There's a link to individual makes on the righthand side way down the page.) I've got Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports on my Sportline, and they don't rate very highly for comfort. But at least they are also relatively poor for wear, so I can replace them with All Seasons when they wear out. Chris

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.