Everything posted by CJJE
-
system update mib 3
Yes, I haven't found an "Update from USB" message in my Amunden.
-
system update mib 3
Many thanks batal. I've been using exFat but will switch to using NTFS. 20 to 30 minutes isn't too bad, but I think I've read that if you stop partway through it will start up again where it left off. Chris
-
system update mib 3
@Billywizzo. Sorry, due to lockdowns I'm not venturing out for 1+ hour drives (and have only driven around 250 miles since November!) For the same reason, I'm not that bothered about out of date maps yet. But come the spring I might be able to try to update it this way. The problem with radio logos is that the ones missing my car are also missing from the Update file! And from discussions in other forums I firmly believe the radio can only install logos that it receives from the radio programme's transmitter. But across Europe, many radio stations don't bother including a logo in their data stream and so the radio cannot display it. As I understand it, the designers of the VAG MIB3 systems haven't included a way of adding your own logos as we could on the MIB1 and MIB2 systems. (The Skoda Update screen for my MY21 car still tells you to transfer the file on an SD card which we all know is impossible for the MIB3 system.) Chris
-
system update mib 3
See batal's post from yesterday: "Exactly Some people reported that update takes more that one hour. But interface is awful. While update you cant understand is it in process or not. You just need to keep head unit on for some time (you can continue using car). And after some time you'll se new map version in system info. At least that's how it works for us in Russia. But we don't have Skoda Connect. Maybe if you have it, update from flash drive is disabled (but I'm pretty sure that it's not)."
-
system update mib 3
The advice when using SD cards is always to unzip the files onto the card. I see no reason to think using an USB stick is any different. Chris
-
system update mib 3
Just plugging it in, doesn't seem to do anything, and there's no menu option to select the drive. But it's been suggested that if you just leave it in while the ignition is on for an hour or so it will update the maps. (Driving seems the best option to keep the battery charged up!) Note your map version on the system information screen first, so you can confirm it's been updated. Chris
-
system update mib 3
True, but I believe MY21 Kodiaqs also switched to the MIB3 units, and they talk about using USB memory sticks to update them. The thread itself is also about updating MIB3 systems. Chris
-
system update mib 3
The posts above yours say that owners in Eastern Europe have been able to - and at least one said they can't do it online so it's the only way they can. Chris
-
system update mib 3
My last system update said it was for the 'Shop' app, and corrected some errors. The only thing that's changed (I think) is that it now offers me a dataplan via Cubic that I don't think was there before. Perhaps this is now to let me buy access to the Web radio function that was supposed to be free when I bought my car last autumn?? Chris
-
system update mib 3
OK, so when we're allowed to make long journeys again (covid lockdown rules) I'll try leaving the USB stick in and see what happens. At least I don't really need the updated maps now, again because of the covid lockdown rules Chris PS: We've had discussions about how to format the USB stick and not really resolved it. What format system worked for you?? Chris
-
system update mib 3
My MY21 Karoq MIB3 Amundesen has had two fast updates installed over air, but the nav database is still 19:11 :( It was built in late October 2020 so I'm intrigued that you guys have a later version in your Kodiaqs. Perhaps it was just installed for the Columbus? As you've found, trying to install the map update manually via the USB-C port doesn't seem to do anything, but I haven't tried just leaving the flash drive connected while on a long drive yet. Chris
-
Superskoda GLS delivery issues
Many EU companies won't supply the UK anymore due to the extra costs. I'm glad I ordered all the bits I wanted last autumn! I've also ordered from the Eire Skoda suppliers, and wonder if they're in the same position now? Chris
-
Buying OBDeleven
I bought mine direct last September, but it did take an age to arrive, so Amazon would probably be the quicker option as well as safer financially. Chris
-
Speed ,i items to be fitted to all new cars by 2022
My Karoq has traffic sign recognition in it, but they'll have to debug it before I'd let it dictate my speed to me! Just while driving back through Stafford after a trip to the supermarket, it detects a 20 mph sign that only applies to a side road, yet tells me I'm going too fast when I'm doing 30. Then a bit further down the road, it tells me the limit is 45 mph not 30! Interestingly, whenever I enter a car park, it also tells me the speed limit is 5 mph when there are no signs saying this. Chris
-
Out in the snow
Blame Skoda Marketing for not offering the choice of All-Season tyres on new cars. Guess they must get the Bridgestones at a hefty discount??
-
Rebecka Martinsson = Karoq Driver! (More 4)
Is that a change of car? I thought she had a Tiguan! I'll have to watch more closely Chris
-
Help with Karoq electric parking brake
After driving Golfs for 10 years with the Autohold feature, I was somewhat shocked to get in my new Karoq and find that it rolled back at junctions and didn't apply the parking brake automatically. But I quickly realised I was so used to having the Autohold enabled that I hadn't realised it wasn't engaged! Pressing the A button soon solved the problem Chris
-
General enquiry
I find it useful to download the owners manual too (from ŠKODA Owner's Manuals (skoda-auto.com) This explains a lot more about how the various features work, and help you decide which options to add to a factory-build, (or to seek out on a stock car). Some may say I tend to go overboard on factory options, but I keep my cars for years and so the extra cost gets absorbed in its generic depreciation. Hence my adding a heated windscreen, 360 degree area view, and dynamic chassis control to my Karoq. But I really wish Skoda would let you have all-season tyres on a new car without having to get rid of the summer tyres they fit as standard! (I use to go for winter and summer tyres, but don't really get enough snow in Staffordshire to justify them, and so the set I bought 8 years ago still have plenty of tread but are time-expired! And although they fitted my last 2 Golfs, they are too small for my Karoq.) Chris
-
General enquiry
I chose it because I preferred a rear seat with a solid back over the three moveable seats in the SE Ls or Editions. While many owners swear by them, I didn't like the way the contents of the boot were exposed if you folded the middle seat's back down to use as an armrest. I also preferred the solid boot cover and painted bumpers. Again others disagree, but at least you have the choice. The rear seat doesn't slide but gives you more room that the VarioFlex seats in their standard position. In theory there should be less rear legroom, but it wasn't obvious when I was measuring up in the showroom in the summer. Perhaps the Edition's leather seats are thicker and take up more space? My 2.0 TSI is still on its first tank of fuel so far (due to covid lockdowns) but seems to be doing about 30 mpg with just trips of around 16 miles a week. Longer journeys would no doubt help the economy, but higher speeds would reduce it. I like the comfort (the Sportline has different profile tyres to the SE L & Edition) but added the dynamic chassis control as well so it may not be typical of standard cars. No idea if the 4x4 has ever kicked in, but it was very surefooted in what snow we had in Staffordshire. If you've any specific queries, I'll try to help. Chris
-
keyfob battery failing with *no* warning
Is yours a recent car? For mine at least, after locking the car by touching the outer 'dimple' you cannot unlock it for 2 seconds, so if you pull on the handle within this time period you can check the door is locked. (The indicators will also have flashed, as will the alarm light, and mirrors folded in if you've set that option.) Recent key fobs have a motion sensor that turns off the radio signal after a short while, so at least it's not using the battery when hanging up overnight. Chris
-
keyfob battery failing with *no* warning
Ahh... I have one on mine too, but it must be a thinner version as my key just fits in still Chris
-
Flashing glow plug light symbol, first fault?
Looks like they've taken on repairs for Skoda as well then.
-
keyfob battery failing with *no* warning
The central armrest box has a rectangular hole in the removable compartment that holds the key - as long as you haven't put it in a thick cover Chris
-
Flashing glow plug light symbol, first fault?
The Skoda website is showing Hawco ŠKODA SEE RETAILER DETAILS Harbour Road IV1 1UF Inverness as an authorised repairer. Is that any help?? Chris
-
New member, new Karoq
The manual recommends running in as follows: New vehicle - Running in the engine Driving style during the first 1500 km determines the quality of the engine run-in process. During the first 1000 km, rev the engine to max. 3/4 of the highest permissible engine speed and avoid using a trailer. Over the next 500 km, the engine speed can be slowly increased. Depending on driving style and operating conditions, the engine consumes some oil, up to 0.5 l/1000 km. Consumption may be higher over the next 5000 km. New brake pads New brake pads do not provide the optimum braking effect during the first 200 km, they have to be worn in first. Therefore, drive very carefully. New tyres New tyres do not have optimum grip for the first 500 km. Therefore, drive very carefully. When you collect it, make sure the wheels and body are undamaged, as it will be difficult later to prove you didn't do it later. Also, check that it has all its expected accessories such as the net system in the boot, the 'key' to remove locking wheel bolts, etc. Have fun, Chris PS: You can download a copy of the Owners Manual here: ŠKODA Owner's Manuals (skoda-auto.com) This is worthwhile to get a head start on the walk-through the dealer should give you (which may be abbreviated because of Covid) and because the printed manual omits any details about using the Infotainment system (ie radio, satnav if fitted, etc) Chris